Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 61639 times)
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: June 11, 2022, 03:15:29 PM »

I have enjoyed the photos to see what everyone is wearing etc etc (generally only Kate looked good) but in reality - and I know my opinion will not be popular - it all went on too long and I understand people cheering someone for being still alive and many have never known another head of state etc but the whole idea of a 'life of service' and 'never putting a foot wrong' that is like a script recited by so many on tv this week, it makes no sense to me. She has had a very privileged life, and I will never understand this mindless adoration of a person and especially when it is transferred to her offsprings and for what. I suppose because I am an atheist I have trouble with it, this worship, because I have never felt it.

I wish her well and I hope she has no pain from the troublesome discs in her back or whatever she suffers. It looked like she said - on the balcony - 'I suppose I'd better wave' and that made me laugh even if I imagined it.

Rather than dragging the Queen, maybe research her life and what she has done for us. For the Commonwealth in particular. Not sure what being an atheist has to do with it. She is admired and revered, not worshipped. She so utterly deserved a four-day party! As for your I suppose Id better wave put-down- its hard to dignify it with a response but I will. She was clearly deeply moved. The Queen is never flippant. She looks to have difficulty holding her arm up for a long wave. She is approaching one hundred years on this planet. Feel free to spend the next while insulting her, and then her legacy. But note that you and Scobie are outnumbered by billions!

Hester, I think you are determined to find offence where none is intended, and if I understand it you must not attack another poster.
I insulted nobody, and I don't know who or what a scobie is so your put down is wasted on me.

Disagreeing with you strongly and defending the Queen - not ad hominem. Where did I attack you and not the content of your post? I thought it was insensitive.

It is a forum where ideas and opinions can be exchanged. Others who did not agree with me took the time to give a reasoned and adult explanation as to why (that is an example of "Disagreeing with you strongly and defending the Queen") and I found those very interesting and can learn from them. Maybe you can try it.

As I said in my post I was speaking of what 'people on tv' were saying so I was happy to read other opinions.

This is all I have to say on this matter.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: June 11, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »

I have enjoyed the photos to see what everyone is wearing etc etc (generally only Kate looked good) but in reality - and I know my opinion will not be popular - it all went on too long and I understand people cheering someone for being still alive and many have never known another head of state etc but the whole idea of a 'life of service' and 'never putting a foot wrong' that is like a script recited by so many on tv this week, it makes no sense to me. She has had a very privileged life, and I will never understand this mindless adoration of a person and especially when it is transferred to her offsprings and for what. I suppose because I am an atheist I have trouble with it, this worship, because I have never felt it.

I wish her well and I hope she has no pain from the troublesome discs in her back or whatever she suffers. It looked like she said - on the balcony - 'I suppose I'd better wave' and that made me laugh even if I imagined it.

Rather than dragging the Queen, maybe research her life and what she has done for us. For the Commonwealth in particular. Not sure what being an atheist has to do with it. She is admired and revered, not worshipped. She so utterly deserved a four-day party! As for your I suppose Id better wave put-down- its hard to dignify it with a response but I will. She was clearly deeply moved. The Queen is never flippant. She looks to have difficulty holding her arm up for a long wave. She is approaching one hundred years on this planet. Feel free to spend the next while insulting her, and then her legacy. But note that you and Scobie are outnumbered by billions!

Hester, I think you are determined to find offence where none is intended, and if I understand it you must not attack another poster.
I insulted nobody, and I don't know who or what a scobie is so your put down is wasted on me.

Disagreeing with you strongly and defending the Queen - not ad hominem. Where did I attack you and not the content of your post? I thought it was insensitive.

It is a forum where ideas and opinions can be exchanged. Others who did not agree with me took the time to give a reasoned and adult explanation as to why (that is an example of "Disagreeing with you strongly and defending the Queen") and I found those very interesting and can learn from them. Maybe you can try it.

As I said in my post I was speaking of what 'people on tv' were saying so I was happy to read other opinions.

This is all I have to say on this matter.

Maybe you can try it.

Sorry, no plan to put energy into attempting to improve your modus operandi, but thanks for the invitation to so do.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: June 18, 2022, 01:05:55 AM »

PBS is currently airing the Mary Berry/Platinum Jubilee Pudding show. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: