Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 61819 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: June 05, 2022, 06:19:28 PM »

The end is very moving. Such a huge celebration and tribute. It feels almost like an ending though which ugh.. it’s very strange isn’t it.

I shamed all of our British posters here and shed a tear.

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: June 05, 2022, 06:19:33 PM »

I was so taken aback to see George almost as tall as HM. I remember getting to a point when my two great grandmothers were smaller than me as a child. It’s very emotional to see that. He was incredibly poised and mature standing next to her in the camera shot and singing “God Save The Queen.” Where did our little baby “Grumpy Cat” go?
I was just coming here to post that. He’s not even nine yet and he can’t be much under five feet tall.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: June 05, 2022, 06:19:59 PM »

I admit, I become teary when those doors opened and was crying by the time Dacing Queen started Cry

It was so emotional! It was really wondererful that she managed to do a final appearence at the end of the celebrations.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

I do not mean to cause controversy but I have been watching the interactions between Charles and Camilla all weekend and I'm feeling some frost. Or Charles is just not as gracious with his "darling wife" than we are often led to believe. Is anyone else noticing. Of course they are both professionals and won't let the side down. But something is making me sad to see Camilla often talking to herself and getting no to little reaction from Charles and a warmer interaction with her stepson. Not just the parade all weekend.

Charles has seemed a bit tired at points. The Queens involvement has been miraculous at the age of 96, but Charles himself is getting beyond an age when such a weekend of events wouldn’t need a month off to recover from.

Do you think that's all it is? I hope so. He is normally so solicitous of her. And a charming man in general.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2022, 06:21:22 PM »

Yes, it has been hard not to talk about it as "the end" even though sadly it must be part of "a long good bye", for sure it is the last Jubilee the UK will see for some time. There have been parts where people have gotten quite emotional  - guests on the BBC, Sky coverage etc the likes of Lulu and Joanna Lumley and it makes you realise the Queen has been the one constant in their own long lives and inevitably this is sort of saying goodbye to HM. I guess its the first Jubilee of Her Majesty's where we are pretty much certain it will be her last.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2022, 06:24:58 PM »

Yes, it has been hard not to talk about it as "the end" even though sadly it must be part of "a long good bye", for sure it is the last Jubilee the UK will see for some time. There have been parts where people have gotten quite emotional  - guests on the BBC, Sky coverage etc the likes of Lulu and Joanna Lumley and it makes you realise the Queen has been the one constant in their own long lives and inevitably this is sort of saying goodbye to HM. I guess its the first Jubilee of Her Majesty's where we are pretty much certain it will be her last.

And now I am teary again. So true, this was the "goodbye" jubilee Cry

Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2022, 06:25:49 PM »

The whole Jubilee seems to have been a great success, I've thoroughly enjoyed what I have seen from pomp and show to the family interactions and most of all seeing the Queen giving what's left of her physical strength to partake as much as she could.  That last balcony appearance made me think she was really giving herself a last big push, but it was hard work, and she had to give in quite soon.  But she was there!
Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2022, 06:28:04 PM »

And now I am teary again. So true, this was the "goodbye" jubilee Cry
This is exactly how it's felt  Cry
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »

I admit, I become teary when those doors opened and was crying by the time Dacing Queen started Cry

It was so emotional! It was really wondererful that she managed to do a final appearence at the end of the celebrations.

Yeah I went from a tear in the eye to full blown tears when she left and Dancing Queen started.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2022, 06:35:41 PM »

I'm going to play Pollyanna. As teary as that last balcony appearance makes me, I am so very glad that we had this Jubilee. It's been grand all around, and a wonderful tribute to HM. Better now, than having some sort of memorial later.

Thank you Ma'am, for everything.

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.”    Stanley Horowitz
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2022, 06:38:51 PM »

tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2022, 06:42:17 PM »

I’m so smitten by Louis!!  He is the cutest ever!

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

I'm going to play Pollyanna. As teary as that last balcony appearance makes me, I am so very glad that we had this Jubilee. It's been grand all around, and a wonderful tribute to HM. Better now, than having some sort of memorial later.

Thank you Ma'am, for everything.

I am also glad we had it! She was honored in life and people celebrated her achievements on an happy occasion.

This was important for the nation, because I do believe when she is gone it will be a shock for the UK. After 70 years, she is the only monarch most brits know, her departure will create a void and it will be hard to accept the next in line imo.

And for the family too. After the pandemic, Philip's death and the antics of their rogue members, they deserved to have some happy times and create great memories. And it was a massive PR moment! The Windsors are distance and cold, bi*** please! Check the Jubiliee celebrations and you see a close and happy family. Actions speak louder than words!

ralf103

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2022, 06:52:02 PM »

I certainly think the RF are becoming closer and warmer than ever with each other. Makes me even more mad covid dictated social distancing at Philip's funeral. I think we'd have seen much more comforting of each other if they'd been closer to each other.

I really think we are seeing William's generation come into their own and that they are actually very very close, more so than their parents are maybe. Ironic because of course there is one major family drama there but it seems to have brought the rest closer together IMO.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2022, 06:58:26 PM »

it will be hard to accept the next in line imo.

She will be mourned and missed for sure but people know Charles and how he has stuck it out. He has endured a lot. We can call out his many faults or acknowledge his many good traits. He is stalwart and true and this is what people want. He may oversee many countries getting out from under the British monarchy but that is less about him and more about respecting the queen's reign. Charles has been ahead of the curve in many ways too.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: