Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Yrma's image - manipulated and polished  (Read 13870 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »

With regard to Maxima I usually hear 2 different stories. From people who think she's great and fun to be around, to people who find her as described by Fairy.

Personally, I often find Maxima too much. Often too present, too focused on her and so on.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 05:01:53 PM »

The one encounter with Maxima was in New York at the UN, Mary there too. The other one was in Denmark with both Mary and Marie. I believe with Mary it was at a hospital. I don't recall much about the meeting with Marie, only that the person described her as exhausting and a bit annoying.
I do believe that Mary's description somewhat fit. The way the person meeting her described her, I was reminded of the "Holden commodore" comment: bland, somewhat reliable and not very impressive.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 08:28:59 AM »

I met a couple of people working in the charity sector who met her and Marie (and Maxima, and thus covered my most interested-in characters) and they reported the opposite: Mary was supposedly rather shy and insecure, very nice and polite, yet contributed very little to the conversation; Marie was quite exhausting; and Maxima was said to be a drama queen, completely uninterested and inattentive to everyone she deemed underneath her and not of immediate use to her to the point of being rude to bystanders. All smiles to the person she was photographed with, very condescending towards others and cutting in any discussion she wasn't interested it.
Well it is interesting how different perceptions are, isn't it?
Perhaps this has influenced me, but it tallies with my impressions.

I have met both Mary and Maxima on several occasions and can only confirm this. The encounters kind of turned around my perception, before I was an avid Max sugar and would bash Mary whenever possible. So I was deeply disappointed when Max turned out to be incredibly rude and arrogant and almost equally disappointed when Mary wasn't the cow I wanted her to be.

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 12:01:06 AM »

This somehow doesn't surprise me. I'm just an armchair observer but such an analysis supports my feeling that Mary is a very insecure person and Maxima has agency and is well aware of her status. This can be good and bad of course. Good because Maxima comes across better in pictures and PR and it seems directly inverse of her self awareness in reality. I can see Mary being timid in real life and coming across as stuck up which is an accusation leveled at lots of insecure people. Also the perception of the observer should be taken into consideration. I used to work with a bossy bitch but she was one of the best coworkers in a way because expectations were clear and she was not cruel even though younger people would have preferred her warm and fuzzy. She knew who she was and what she wanted and didn't play games but you definitely had to be on your toes.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 03:22:50 AM »

I met a couple of people working in the charity sector who met her and Marie (and Maxima, and thus covered my most interested-in characters) and they reported the opposite: Mary was supposedly rather shy and insecure, very nice and polite, yet contributed very little to the conversation; Marie was quite exhausting; and Maxima was said to be a drama queen, completely uninterested and inattentive to everyone she deemed underneath her and not of immediate use to her to the point of being rude to bystanders. All smiles to the person she was photographed with, very condescending towards others and cutting in any discussion she wasn't interested it.

I have met both Mary and Maxima on several occasions and can only confirm this. The encounters kind of turned around my perception, before I was an avid Max sugar and would bash Mary whenever possible. So I was deeply disappointed when Max turned out to be incredibly rude and arrogant and almost equally disappointed when Mary wasn't the cow I wanted her to be.

I am not very surprised to read that Mary is quiet, or that Marie is exhausting, but I am disappointed to read of Máxima being not so nice some times.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 07:48:44 AM »

It's interesting how perceptions differ. I talk(ed) to two different Danes who were/are around Mary & Marie and accompany them to national and international business travels, and they confirm Mary not talking much (they think b/c she is not very secure in conversing in business danish), knows exactly what she wants, and has a rather unpleasant attitude. I can see how Marie can appear as exhausting, both of the Danes confirmed she is VERY involved in her patronages (less ribbon cutting, but really intersted and hands on), laughs a lot, and has an engaging and warm way about her. Have nothing on Maxima.

Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2022, 02:42:11 PM »

It's interesting how perceptions differ. I talk(ed) to two different Danes who were/are around Mary & Marie and accompany them to national and international business travels, and they confirm Mary not talking much (they think b/c she is not very secure in conversing in business danish), knows exactly what she wants, and has a rather unpleasant attitude. I can see how Marie can appear as exhausting, both of the Danes confirmed she is VERY involved in her patronages (less ribbon cutting, but really intersted and hands on), laughs a lot, and has an engaging and warm way about her. Have nothing on Maxima.

So not pushing herself forward and not saying much but is at a meet and greet is part of her job and I guess wanting it to go well would be part of knowing what she wants. For everyone who suggests she has an unpleasant attitude there are clearly others with a different experience.

Marie seems very comfortable in being in the spotlight and clearly takes centre stage
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2022, 04:48:26 PM »

So not pushing herself forward and not saying much but is at a meet and greet is part of her job and I guess wanting it to go well would be part of knowing what she wants. For everyone who suggests she has an unpleasant attitude there are clearly others with a different experience.

Marie seems very comfortable in being in the spotlight and clearly takes centre stage

Yup, that's right. Different people, different experiences, different views, subjective impressions.

Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »

My command of Danish is VERY limited, but I can believe that so is Mary‘s, on the occasions I have met her, she and her staff would jump between Danish and English in conversations. The atmosphere between all of them seemed almost like among friends, though her LIW seemed like a very strict PA. And again, whenever I met them, Mary seemed a lot more normal than I would have expected, e.g. carrying stuff around others (including non-royals) would expect their staff to carry. She also does engage in chitchat with „us mortals“ and she (and also Fred!) do remember previous encounters and details. So does - non-surprisingly - Victoria. Maxima on the other hand… sometimes I get the impression that since she‘s such a tall woman, she doesn‘t perceive anything or anyone below her, and that works in a metaphorical sense as well.

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2022, 04:31:11 PM »

My command of Danish is VERY limited, but I can believe that so is Mary‘s, on the occasions I have met her, she and her staff would jump between Danish and English in conversations. The atmosphere between all of them seemed almost like among friends, though her LIW seemed like a very strict PA. And again, whenever I met them, Mary seemed a lot more normal than I would have expected, e.g. carrying stuff around others (including non-royals) would expect their staff to carry. She also does engage in chitchat with „us mortals“ and she (and also Fred!) do remember previous encounters and details. So does - non-surprisingly - Victoria. Maxima on the other hand… sometimes I get the impression that since she‘s such a tall woman, she doesn‘t perceive anything or anyone below her, and that works in a metaphorical sense as well.

It's so interesting to read a first-person account, Stefanie, and especially when your expectations were so different at the start.
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2022, 07:22:12 PM »

My command of Danish is VERY limited, but I can believe that so is Mary‘s, on the occasions I have met her, she and her staff would jump between Danish and English in conversations. The atmosphere between all of them seemed almost like among friends, though her LIW seemed like a very strict PA. And again, whenever I met them, Mary seemed a lot more normal than I would have expected, e.g. carrying stuff around others (including non-royals) would expect their staff Star to carry. She also does engage in chitchat with „us mortals“ and she (and also Fred!) do remember previous encounters and details. So does - non-surprisingly - Victoria. Maxima on the other hand… sometimes I get the impression that since she‘s such a tall woman, she doesn‘t perceive anything or anyone below her, and that works in a metaphorical sense as well.

It's so interesting to read a first-person account, Stefanie, and especially when your expectations were so different at the start.

Thanks, Mariola  Star

It is really funny, if you look at my old posts, you will notice that I used every occasion to bash or make fun of Mary. Then kind of out of the blue I got this job, which on occasions puts me into contact with royals. It‘s a fantastic job as it is, but needless to say that the occasional „royal touch“ is the icing on an already very lovely cake. Believe me, I LOVED the Mary-bashing, it was so entertaining, so I kind of regretted having to abandon that… And even though I‘d love to replace it by Maxima-bashing, I don‘t feel like doing this because Maxima‘s condescending behaviour annoys me to a degree where I cannot even make fun of it anymore.

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 08:11:48 PM »

Maybe we should start a "Maxima's image manipulated and polished" thread. We could start with how the meeting between her and Wax was arranged even though her father was a very unsavory character and go from there.

I used to admire her spunk and attitude but it has turned into a haughtiness and a brittle lack of caring these days IMO
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »

I used to be a huge sugar for the Dutch Royal Family and I still like WA and Amalia, but the rest ... Max comes accross very domineering and entitled at times, the holiday home and the holiday drama was ridiculous and I really dislike Alexia and Eloise (especially her, I follow her on instagram and she is so full of herself).

I think Mary can be pitied at time - she is clearly not Marge's favourite, her husband is having issues .... 
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2022, 11:06:57 PM »

If asked to describe Mary in one word, it would probably be 'brittle'.  There's a nervy, wanting-everything-to-be-perfect, wanting-to-be-liked aspect to her.  She's rarely, if ever, relaxed.  It's as if at any given moment, someone could out her as undeserving.

I used to really like Max - I liked how she could go from (seeming) very sincere at tragedies to really carrying the big tiaras to being very comfortable around anyone.  There's been a few big missteps though, there's a lot of entitlement.  Trying to escape Covid regs that the rest of the country had to abide by, the business with the holiday home etc.  Also, not to bash a child, but Alexia does grind my gears somewhat - however, I put a huge amount of that on her parents.  I always side-eyed the very lazy stereotyping of her behaviour and character as her being the "Latina one".
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2022, 11:25:29 PM »

If asked to describe Mary in one word, it would probably be 'brittle'.  There's a nervy, wanting-everything-to-be-perfect, wanting-to-be-liked aspect to her.  She's rarely, if ever, relaxed.  It's as if at any given moment, someone could out her as undeserving.

I used to really like Max - I liked how she could go from (seeming) very sincere at tragedies to really carrying the big tiaras to being very comfortable around anyone.  There's been a few big missteps though, there's a lot of entitlement.  Trying to escape Covid regs that the rest of the country had to abide by, the business with the holiday home etc.  Also, not to bash a child, but Alexia does grind my gears somewhat - however, I put a huge amount of that on her parents.  I always side-eyed the very lazy stereotyping of her behaviour and character as her being the "Latina one".
Isn’t it funny how we all see the same  people so differently, because if you asked me in a blind poll who I saw as “brittle” or “nervy, wanting everything to be perfect”, the person who would first come to mind to me is Letizia. I always think she looks super tense.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: