Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish (Royal) Trivia  (Read 516 times)
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2022, 08:49:23 PM »

I didn’t know where to put this but I thought it might be interesting:

To collect taxes, Christian IV of Denmark asked captains of ships crossing the Øresund to estimate the value of their cargo, which was applied as the tax base without further audit. But the king also claimed the right to buy the entire cargo at exactly that price.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 09:50:07 PM »

To collect taxes, Christian IV of Denmark asked captains of ships crossing the Øresund to estimate the value of their cargo, which was applied as the tax base without further audit. But the king also claimed the right to buy the entire cargo at exactly that price.

That is fascinating and brilliant!  Thanks for sharing!  When that fact works its way into one of my European History lectures next year, I'll be sure to credit you for the info!   
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 10:44:04 AM »

That is fascinating and brilliant!  Thanks for sharing!  When that fact works its way into one of my European History lectures next year, I'll be sure to credit you for the info!   
If ever by chance you do your lectures digitally per zoom PLEASE send me a link!!!! I could bake cookies for extra credit....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 12:19:03 AM »

If ever by chance you do your lectures digitally per zoom PLEASE send me a link!!!! I could bake cookies for extra credit....

That is 100% a deal!   Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: