Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carina, Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - 2022 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 4899 times)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 08:07:50 AM »

So happy for both of them! She has such a kind, friendly face. I'm glad they could have this day and it's great to see that title with her name after so long and overcoming such an archaic will.

Do we know why they were able/allowed to marry now? What happened? Sorry, I never understood the problem tbh. Blush
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 09:46:48 AM »

So happy for both of them! She has such a kind, friendly face. I'm glad they could have this day and it's great to see that title with her name after so long and overcoming such an archaic will.

Do we know why they were able/allowed to marry now? What happened? Sorry, I never understood the problem tbh. Blush

A good summary here - basically a court case to overturn the racist clause in his grandfather's will

https://royalmusingsblogs...tac-can-marry-carina.html
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 05:06:09 PM »

more from Birgit Hallstein about making the veil

Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 10:13:39 PM »

more from Birgit Hallstein about making the veil

Wow.  A lot of work there.   Though, am I too particular - is the gold crown a little bit off in places?

I shouldn't talk though.  The one or two times I've tried to embroider anything, it looked like a person's work who's only done it one or two times  Grin       

ďThe spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 02:42:29 AM »

Town & Country magazine had a fairly thorough outline of the legal situation although they still, like so many other sources, concentrate on the will and forget the part played by House Laws, which are separate and equally if not more binding.

https://www.yahoo.com/lif...can-author-132000376.html

After Prince Richardís death, Gustavís great-uncle laid claim to the Berleberg fortune, claiming that the relationship between Gustav and Carina even without marriage disqualified Gustav as heir.  That would explain why Carina seemed to vanish into UK, lowering their couple profile while this was thrashed out.

I would like to point out that while I strenuously disagree with the willís language as written, the fact is that it protected the Berleberg stuff from being grabbed by others. In other words, the will is the whole reason that Gustav and Carina had a castle to marry in, a tiara for her to wear, etc. The will did exactly what it was intended to do: make sure that everything skipped then-baby Prince Richard with remainder passing it on through to  future to be born Gustav. It was a wealth preservation instrument, and it worked. The fact is that the will could not have legally been lodged and recorded with the courts of that time, when the grandfather went missing in action, without the language as written.

Now that this is behind them, they can step confidently into their own future.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 03:40:12 AM »

Town & Country magazine had a fairly thorough outline of the legal situation although they still, like so many other sources, concentrate on the will and forget the part played by House Laws, which are separate and equally if not more binding.

https://www.yahoo.com/lif...can-author-132000376.html

After Prince Richardís death, Gustavís great-uncle laid claim to the Berleberg fortune, claiming that the relationship between Gustav and Carina even without marriage disqualified Gustav as heir.  That would explain why Carina seemed to vanish into UK, lowering their couple profile while this was thrashed out.

I would like to point out that while I strenuously disagree with the willís language as written, the fact is that it protected the Berleberg stuff from being grabbed by others. In other words, the will is the whole reason that Gustav and Carina had a castle to marry in, a tiara for her to wear, etc. The will did exactly what it was intended to do: make sure that everything skipped then-baby Prince Richard with remainder passing it on through to  future to be born Gustav. It was a wealth preservation instrument, and it worked. The fact is that the will could not have legally been lodged and recorded with the courts of that time, when the grandfather went missing in action, without the language as written.

Now that this is behind them, they can step confidently into their own future.

does this mean Curtain, that if C & g were to have children their offspring would inherit the tiara and castle?

Yes, I know they are too old to have children...but I want to know what happens asfter they are gone...  who does it go to?

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »

It goes to his uncle+cousins after all --just years later than it would have.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »

It goes to his uncle+cousins after all --just years later than it would have.

If he was able to marry her then maybe he can leave it to his sisters and their children... if he qualifies to inherit per German law then who knows what comes next
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2022, 11:35:23 PM »

I am so happy Carina got her happily ever after with her prince.  Champagne

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: