Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding Princess Maria Lauara of Belgium  (Read 14434 times)
lilyrose

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2022, 11:04:44 PM »

Oi vey, you have towonder how bad the other pictures were, when those were considered the best.
In the first, the bridesmaid in the very center of the pic has her eyes closed and the groom (not a bad looking bloke) looks like he was really to whinny like a horse...

I believe thatís one of her younger sisters, I think Laetitia Maria?
genegal43

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2022, 12:46:36 AM »

The Photos are Horrible!

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Gemsheal

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2022, 01:23:44 AM »

That background is burning my retinas  🥺 💥

Life is either a great adventure or nothing.

~ Helen Keller
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2022, 01:43:40 AM »

The dress weighs more than the bride! Its a LOT of dress for such a small lady.
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2022, 01:45:17 AM »

Astrid - I love it! OTT, fluffy, green...I mean it shouldn't work but it kinda really does

Maria Laura has always looked very thin to me, for many years now. I'm not sure its anything to worry about and more just her natural body shape - all Astrid's kids are pretty lithe.

Delphine's son looks a lot like Mathilde and Philiippe youngest IMO. Was the King & Queen's eldest son there?

Gabriel? Yes heís there with the rest of the family (pic on page 1).
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2022, 03:52:17 AM »

I don't care much for the dress. It's not ugly, but it's also nothing special.

The veil is beautiful and I really like the tiara.

Does anyone know more about it?

ITA. the shoes...the shoes... Crazy

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2022, 03:54:10 AM »

That background is burning my retinas  🥺 💥

ITA !

is this a trick photo  Confused

do I win a prize if I pick the biggest hat in the room? Blink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2022, 04:15:03 AM »

Maria Laura inherited her looks from their father except her face is narrower than his.
She didn't get any of the "sweetness" of her mother's face.

Maria Laura always had questionable fashion taste so I was pleasantly surprised that on this day, her wedding day, she looked her best. Both the outfits for the civil and church ceremonies are elegant. It's the best I've seen her look.
The gown is by Vivienne Westwood and isn't OTT. It gives her some curves and the design will stand the test of time - unlike her mother's wedding gown.

https://media.gettyimages...-id1243094773?s=2048x2048
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2022, 04:31:08 AM »

I can't believe she is only 34 years old. The sad and tired bride looks close to 60 years old. I hope she finds happiness, passion, and love with her groom.

Maybe she should have worn her hair out and curled it to give her gaunt face a softer look with dark brown eyeliner, colored in eyebrows, and dark blue eyeshadow.

loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2022, 12:45:00 PM »

I don't think she is sad, she is very happy about her marriage. Tired, maybe, probably no sleep because of being so excited. Her husband, William, looks handsome and charming.

She does not look 60, that is a bit rude to say . She is no beauty, but a warm and intelligent woman who has more education than many other royals.
She studied sinology and International Relations in Paris and obtained a Masters Degree at the SOAS University of London (Intern. Relations and Diplomacy) She then completed an internship at the UN in NYC and worked in marketing at Louis Vuitton in Shanghai. Most recently she worked or still is working at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2022, 01:09:07 PM »

A few observations from my part:

(1) I find her dress (civil ceremony) too short.
(2) The train is too long - she is so thin that it kind of consumes her (IMO, of course)
(3) Astrid looks great, even though the dress is very special, but I think it is a bit rude to wear it - it takes a lot of attention of the bride
(4) Laurent sadly looks like Claire's father now, not like her husband, he is 11 years  older, but it looks a lot more. Claire and the kids look
     great.
(5) Delphine and hte kids look great and it is great that she got included.
(6) I am a bit worried about the bride, she does look gaunt indeed
(7) Who released these photos? I am usually against photoshop, but these pictures would have needed some professional attention.
     Desperately.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2022, 01:28:59 PM »

(2) The train is too long - she is so thin that it kind of consumes her (IMO, of course)
(3) Astrid looks great, even though the dress is very special, but I think it is a bit rude to wear it - it takes a lot of attention of the bride
(4) Laurent sadly looks like Claire's father now, not like her husband, he is 11 years  older, but it looks a lot more. Claire and the kids look
     great.
(7) Who released these photos? I am usually against photoshop, but these pictures would have needed some professional attention.
     Desperately.

Louise was one of  my favorites fashion wise. I agree that Astrid took away some attention from the bride, but she's her mother so I guess ML knew beforehand what she would wear and was ok with it.

It would be harsh to say ML looked like 60, but she certainly didn't look like 34 (more like early 40ies).

However having been the bride once too I can totally relate. Sadly often you don't get to enjoy it much, but it's more like greeting aunt X, chatting with cousin Y, giving a hug to friend Z. You can be lucky, if you've time to eat a few sandwiches and bites of cake in between. Ok I'm exaggerating, but that's how it is for the bride (and groom).

Not to mention the pressure (you're giving to yourself) that everything has to be perfect, all guest have be happy (with the food, the location...), you've to look more than perfect, because everyone will be staring at you (and often compare you and your wedding to thothers)... you don't want to stand out etc. etc.

The joy usually begins at the homeymoon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 01:50:43 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2022, 05:09:30 PM »

(4) Laurent sadly looks like Claire's father now, not like her husband, he is 11 years  older, but it looks a lot more. Claire and the kids look
     great.
     Desperately.

I agree with all your points. But, the Belgian royals are nowhere to compare to other royal families, concerning the pomp, the public relations machinery  that is working in the background to have everything look splendid.
Maria Laura was never in the spotlight, she didn't want to, and I think that her parents were and still are kind of protective about all of their children, when it comes to public appearances.

Now there is this marriage which is very public and probably not precisely planned  as with for instance British royalty, where always everything seemed to be grand and perfect. Therefore we really could not expect something perfect.

They will probably (I hope so) have a nice honeymoon and get back to their very private life in London. And I am wishing them all the best for a happy and long lasting marriage.

Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2022, 08:04:33 PM »

great.
     Desperately.

Great observations!

Pulsatilla

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2022, 08:30:45 PM »

I don't care much for the dress. It's not ugly, but it's also nothing special.

The veil is beautiful and I really like the tiara.

Does anyone know more about it?

ITA. the shoes...the shoes... Crazy

G Smiley

It seems she went shoe shopping with Auntie Delphine.

But seriously, neither Astrid nor ML have got the slightest sense of style. Almost all of their outfits are nightmarish IMHO.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: