Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Camilla - New & Events  (Read 4640 times)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2022, 11:10:23 PM »

I purposely did not make it Queen Consort, as there was a discussion earlier about how the consort part would probably soon fall away.

So Queen Camilla it is.

Have at it.

ďWinter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.Ē    Stanley Horowitz
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 11:15:14 PM »

Hooray for Queen Camilla!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 11:17:16 PM »

This hurt to watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1570734582546452480

No grasping for Charles' help, just adjusts and moves on. Grace under pressure. I hope she's on some very nice pain medication.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 11:32:51 PM »

Thank you for not doing Queen Consort. I know that's her official title, but nobody else was publicly called consort, it was always just queen ___. I like giving Camilla the same respect. I know she's had her battles in the public eye but she deserves to stand by the man she loves and be acknowledged for it.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 05:25:22 AM »

My sense is the public is really getting behind her now. Or if they arenít, the usual naysayers are keeping quiet.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 05:25:55 AM »

I really want Kate and Camilla and Sophie to all be genuinely close.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 04:32:10 PM »

Queen Camilla - I like the sound of it. According to Gyles Brandreth, she's a terrific person and will imbue the role with her relaxed, down-to-earth charm. Right now, she's doing a dignified, courageous job. Just standing on her feet and walking must be excruciating... Charles is lucky to have her.

I'm sad and glued to Youtube, watching people paying respect to the coffin of a great Queen, with real emotion in their faces. I don't know how to handle Monday.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 04:47:03 PM »

Queen Camilla - I like the sound of it. According to Gyles Brandreth, she's a terrific person and will imbue the role with her relaxed, down-to-earth charm. Right now, she's doing a dignified, courageous job. Just standing on her feet and walking must be excruciating... Charles is lucky to have her.

I'm sad and glued to Youtube, watching people paying respect to the coffin of a great Queen, with real emotion in their faces. I don't know how to handle Monday.

I loved the article in the DM by Gyles Brandreth.

https://www.dailymail.co....says-Gyles-Brandreth.html

GYLES BRANDRETH first met Camilla when they were both teenagers and they have been thick as thieves ever since. Here, in a joyously irreverent portrait, he says she'll be the least stuffy Queen in history!

ďWinter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.Ē    Stanley Horowitz
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 05:27:51 PM »

That was a good article. Some commenters were nasty, something I hadnít seen in a week.

The past is heavy baggage to carry around. Itís a relief and much lighter to let it go, but I guess that can happen only organically, when inside someone, itís just the time to set it down and move on. Iím doing that a lot with the past right now.

I feel sorry for the people who donít recognize that Camilla is the right woman for the king. It wasnít their marriage,  and carrying along his first marriage is heavy. More than 25 years for people who were not personally in it. Much has changed since then.

A happy king is a happy country, eh?

Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 05:42:08 PM »

That was a good article. Some commenters were nasty, something I hadnít seen in a week.

The past is heavy baggage to carry around. Itís a relief and much lighter to let it go, but I guess that can happen only organically, when inside someone, itís just the time to set it down and move on. Iím doing that a lot with the past right now.

I feel sorry for the people who donít recognize that Camilla is the right woman for the king. It wasnít their marriage,  and carrying along his first marriage is heavy. More than 25 years for people who were not personally in it. Much has changed since then.

I like the way Cams is taking on PP's mantra. Say less, do more, just get on with it.

Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 05:44:47 PM »

I want to make that my personal philosophy too.

Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 06:56:40 PM »

I would say that most of the people will wish him well, but his happiness or other has no effect on the country.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 09:18:04 PM »

I purposely did not make it Queen Consort, as there was a discussion earlier about how the consort part would probably soon fall away.

So Queen Camilla it is.

Have at it.

Honestly, I think people (news commentators mostly) saying the "Queen Consort" is because The Queen, QE II, has only just died. It will go away.

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 12:41:00 AM »

I agree 100%, atm saying "The Queen" is more likely to mean Elizabeth II as thats what it has meant for the last 70 years. In time it will change
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 01:19:52 AM »

I loved the article in the DM by Gyles Brandreth.

https://www.dailymail.co....says-Gyles-Brandreth.html

GYLES BRANDRETH first met Camilla when they were both teenagers and they have been thick as thieves ever since. Here, in a joyously irreverent portrait, he says she'll be the least stuffy Queen in history!
This has made my morning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: