Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Camilla - New & Events  (Read 107115 times)
Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2023, 02:27:41 AM »

I dislike pin stripe on men, in their suits, but this feminine version on Q. Camilla is nice.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2023, 04:15:56 PM »

Rebecca English was with Camilla today and has a thread of videos including the dogs, companions, visiting local shops, meeting the crowds, etc.

https://twitter.com/re_da...;t=99KPU5gGcoltL0lRwV_W3Q

Speech

A speech from the heart...'you know'  Cute

Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2023, 06:18:33 PM »

Lovely speech and a reminder for all ladies of a certain age to get your DEXA scan.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
ralf103

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2023, 06:37:12 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64631171

Camilla has tested positive for Covid-19 today.

"Camilla, the Queen Consort, has tested positive for Covid, Buckingham Palace has announced.

She is said to be suffering cold symptoms and has cancelled her public engagements for the week.

The Queen Consort, aged 75, had already pulled out of a planned visit to the West Midlands on Tuesday.

She has previously had Covid and is understood to be fully vaccinated and is said to be resting and in "good spirits".

Royal sources say there are no changes planned for the King's engagements this week.

Buckingham Palace had initially said that the Queen Consort was cancelling a trip because of a "seasonal illness", but she has subsequently tested positive for Covid."
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2023, 07:05:31 PM »

Best wishes for a mild case and a quick recovery for Cams.

I went to my state's Covid website and checked the variants - there are eight going around here as of January 14, the current dominant strain is Omicron BQ1.1. They have nice bar graph charts which track the waxing and waning of the variants. A few seem to be steady.
A good reminder that for now, Covid is here to stay.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2023, 06:51:29 PM »

“Human beings have always needed the connection of literature – its wisdom as well as its sheer escapism.  In today’s challenging climate, we need it more than ever.”

The Queen Consort brought together authors and members of the literary community today at Clarence House.

Joined by The King, Her Majesty hosted the Reception in celebration of the second anniversary of The Queen’s Reading Room, which has been newly announced as a charity.

The online community celebrates books from around the world and the extraordinary people who create them.

Find out more about the platform on @TheQueensReadingRoom on Instagram and via the link below
https://royalreadingroom.uk/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:57:03 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2023, 06:54:59 PM »

Cute clip from her speech. “Your Majesty”

https://twitter.com/chris...;t=wNhqSG9ENYHx3SYYW_YBQw

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »

I love this cause for her, and I love that she subtly seemed to call out those who are rewriting classic literature, like those who have been modifying Roald Dahl's books.  This is what I like to see royals supporting!
Booklover

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: February 23, 2023, 09:14:39 PM »

Love the glasses!
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: February 23, 2023, 10:40:07 PM »

The Queen taking in a drawing class with Jimmy Choo during a visit to the new JCA London Fashion Academy today.

#DYK Jimmy Choo was able to start his famous shoe company thanks to a £40 a week grant from the @PrincesTrust. He affectionally calls The King his god-brother.

https://twitter.com/count...;t=HyrQ2hNIos7HHhtP7airig

Video clip with the children at the Academy.
https://twitter.com/emyna...;t=HyrQ2hNIos7HHhtP7airig

After the Clarence House reception, the Queen Consort went to west London to reopen 400-year-old Boston Manor, a Jacobean house in Brentford.
https://twitter.com/emyna...;t=HyrQ2hNIos7HHhtP7airig

Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2023, 02:21:10 AM »

Love the glasses!

Yes, very nice, they suit and flatter.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2023, 02:35:44 AM »

The Queen taking in a drawing class with Jimmy Choo during a visit to the new JCA London Fashion Academy today.

#DYK Jimmy Choo was able to start his famous shoe company thanks to a £40 a week grant from the @PrincesTrust. He affectionally calls The King his god-brother.

That's fascinating; I had no idea that's how he got his start.
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:50 AM »

I'm seeing news reports that they are dropping the ``consort'' part of her title and will just call her ``Queen Camilla.'' Makes sense to me. However I was looking at the comments section on the relevant news story on the Daily Fail's website, and oh boy, is there ever still so much vitriol. Give it a rest, folks. She has done well in her job and Goddess only knows what Charles would be like without her support at this point of his life. 
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2023, 12:48:49 AM »

I think a lot of the frustration is at the fact that Charles promised she'd "only" be a Princess Consort, even going so far as to have the royal family's website say that.  And then that quietly disappeared from the website.  And then before she passed, HLM expressed her desire that Camilla would be known as Queen Consort.

Despite how much Camilla may deserve this for her tireless service and worthy causes, it points out what seems to be a glaring flaw in Charles' character - that he will say whatever gets him what he wants in the moment, and his word (and other people's deeply held wishes) don't really mean much to him.  

Bumbershoot I'm not disagreeing with you, by the way.  I never thought I'd have respect for her but I can't help but respect her causes and her dedication to them and how she just gets on with things.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:55:14 AM by Cordelia Fitzgerald » Logged
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2023, 01:08:43 AM »

He should have never made such a silly promise but the hatred for her was even stronger then. I also donít think people should be held to something they said almost 20 years ago - things change. Overall though, Charles and Camilla are disliked for valid reasons and a lot of this could have been avoided.

Iím glad theyíre dropping the consort title and Iím glad they didnít go with Princess consort - it sets a dangerous precedent for future kings. 

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: