Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Schacks children lose their princely titles  (Read 150654 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2022, 04:14:13 PM »

It seems like a knee jerk reaction coming from EIIs funeral and seeing what Charles is going through with Harry. I think she has a lot of admiration for Princess Anne and Prince Edward and how the lack of royal titles for their kids.

If reports are true that this has been an on-going discussion since May, then I think Britain and any issues stemming there have nothing to do with it.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2022, 04:21:30 PM »

Marie and Jokke should just move permanently to Paris and live their best lives and ignore any phone calls from the Danish court.

Congrats to Marge for continuing to be one of the weirdest and emotionally manipulating royal parents out there

Cool your jets, everyone
genegal43

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2022, 04:52:38 PM »

Wow, that's surprising news this morning!

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2022, 05:30:09 PM »

I guess I'm the odd one out and am unhappy with this announcement.

I don't think there was any need for such change to the previous system as Jokke's children whilst being prince(ss) were not of royal rank, they were plain highness. This is the same system that the Swedes just moved to. They are the grandchildren of the monarch not some distaff cadet branch people forgot existed.

More importantly the offspring of the Schack kids would have been count(ess) and personally I would prefer them to be count(ess)s of Rosenborg rather than this bullshit Montpezat travesty.

While I agree this subject did not just come out of the blue, I will bet you actual money that as far as Joachim, Marie and Alex were aware, a final decision on the titles had not been made. So, if they found out about this decision from a news bulletin, I wouldn't blame them if they cursed Marge's name for a full day.

I get that Marge can be a narcissistic bitch when she feels like it but come on, she's dealing with kids and their parents were not given reasonable time to break the news to them and help them process what this all means.

If a movie is made of or based on Marge's life it should be called "My Grandma's a bitch"

Agreed.  They were fine they way they are with all grandchildren having princely rank but only the children of the heir having royal rank.  IIRC years ago they calmly stated that only Christian would receive an allowance so problems with funded royals were handled.

This was unnecessary and appears to have been handled very poorly.  And thatís without touching the stupidity of the Montpezat title.
BaronSulney

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2022, 05:40:55 PM »

A surprising decision! Not sure it was strictly necessary...you can slim down a monarchy without taking princely titles away, and in any case the Schack children were already only "Highnesses". I understand the whole Monpezat thing as a way of placating Henrik's moodiness, but it will be slightly odd for members of the Danish royal family to effectively have a bogus French title as their surname.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2022, 05:42:42 PM »

Shocked That's a very unexpected news !

The Montpezat title was created for Queen Marge's late French husband, right ? It's weird not to give the kids a Danish title but an invented French one.  Thinking

It's sad and strange to read Alex's reaction. There were visibly no family consensus on that topic...  Secret

Well, another royal drama in which bruised egos could have been avoided.

jigmesjigga

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2022, 05:59:01 PM »

I'm wondering how they've signed their names, how it is on their passport, etc. Is it Nikolai Monpezat? Do the Denmarks recognize Monpezat as their family name through Henri(k)? Or is it Nikolai of Denmark? It is weird to do this to the adult children. It makes more sense to remove the princely titles from the future generations of Joachim's heirs. There's not really money involved any more, for Joachim's kids anyway, is there?

It would all be kosher if Marge talked to everybody who was involved and said this is the way it will be. If not, may Marge and her rotten teeth be danced on by her grandchildren when she goes and they say, "Good riddance!"

I can picture Mary rubbing her hands with glee, going "my kids are better than yours! Even if they have the manners of fishwives! Yours are COMMONERS. Mine are ROYAL!" - in her head, of course.

LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2022, 06:11:30 PM »

A surprising decision! Not sure it was strictly necessary...you can slim down a monarchy without taking princely titles away, and in any case the Schack children were already only "Highnesses". I understand the whole Monpezat thing as a way of placating Henrik's moodiness, but it will be slightly odd for members of the Danish royal family to effectively have a bogus French title as their surname.

Just a thought - maybe Nikolai and Felix  will take Frederiksborg as a surname
temi

Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2022, 06:23:13 PM »

When Fred is king he should do the same to the grandchildren of his younger kids. Itís a good precedent.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2022, 06:27:59 PM »

I think it would have been fairer not to give titles in the first place. I can understand why they did for Felix and Nicolai, with Fred and Mary yet to marry, but it made less sense to have the titles for Henrik and Athena if there was the likelihood of them being taken away later.

It does sound like it's been handled very poorly

Cool your jets, everyone
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2022, 06:55:24 PM »

Pretty surprising and unexpected, especially uncaring if the people involved weren't prepared about the change. One day she gives titles, then rethinks, and takes them away  Crazy
 At least in Sweden Carl Philip and Madeleine posted supportive messages about the change, doesn't appear to be the same case in Denmark. I guess more explaining to follow?
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2022, 07:17:32 PM »

I think that while decisions like this are designed to strengthen monarchies (not just here but all throughout Europe), in the long run I think it weakens monarchies, to be honest.  Because people will start wondering...what really is the point of these titles?  Why do we call some people "Highness" and others "Royal Highness" and why are titles created out of thin air and in the end what difference does it make if someone is Princess versus no title.  It actually makes the monarchies look less relevant, more out of touch, and akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when there are such huge issues facing societies. 

That being said, this seems BADLY handled by Marge, who I have never fully warmed to anyway because she has allowed Fred to be as lazy and useless as he is.  So I'm not fully neutral in my opinion towards her anyway.
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2022, 07:28:58 PM »

At least in Sweden Carl Philip and Madeleine posted supportive messages about the change, doesn't appear to be the same case in Denmark.

Agreed. Even if they disagreed with it privately, both Madeleine and CP were supportive on social media to the changes. Denmark seems like a dumpster fire in comparison. The boys' mother seems shocked but it appears Joachim knew about it. I wonder if he just didn't tell her.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2022, 07:31:36 PM »

I think that while decisions like this are designed to strengthen monarchies (not just here but all throughout Europe), in the long run I think it weakens monarchies, to be honest.  Because people will start wondering...what really is the point of these titles?  Why do we call some people "Highness" and others "Royal Highness" and why are titles created out of thin air and in the end what difference does it make if someone is Princess versus no title.  It actually makes the monarchies look less relevant, more out of touch, and akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when there are such huge issues facing societies. 

That being said, this seems BADLY handled by Marge, who I have never fully warmed to anyway because she has allowed Fred to be as lazy and useless as he is.  So I'm not fully neutral in my opinion towards her anyway.

Monarchies SHOULD be weakened in my opinion. Bloodlines are important for horses, but not for people.  An elected apolitical president is fair.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2022, 07:36:11 PM »

Considering that a princely title is as much worth as a fake diploma on your bathroom wall, I would have suggested to phase them out.
So all of them having them will neither give them to their prospective spouse - husbands haven't shared them anyway, thus it would be gender equal not to share the title with either husband or wife or divers partners, just as academic titles are no longer shared with wives - and not pass them on to their children.
Again keep it in line with an academic or military title/rang.
That way, the younger Freddles will phase out their titles as well, without immediately be Miss Izabella Frederikson, daughter of the King and Queen of Denmark...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: