Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Coronation o King Charles III  (Read 84767 times)
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2023, 05:42:56 PM »

IMHO we've out grown the Coronation - how will it be different speculation thread and are now knee deep in Coronation events so I've started a new thread.

Have at it.  Smiley

Sorry about the typo.

My two cents on Camilla non appearance today is that she is careful about her health and stress level. She's not got the stamina and usual robust good health of the Windsor clan, and while I hope she will appear tonight she may be saving her strength for tomorrow.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 05:49:20 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
Emac0914

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 05:53:21 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread, Lady Liebe.  It was time.

I agree on the comment why Camilla is absent today.  I thought the same thing, that sheíll be at the reception tonight, plus all day tomorrow plus Sundayís concert, Monday events.  Charles out with the PoWs and DofEs plus Anne gives her a chance to rest, put her feet up.  As much as she looks pretty healthy, in the polished royal sort of way, I donít feel like sheís got the strongest constitution or the Windsor longevity.  She seems careful of her health, which will be good for her so she can keep pace with Charles and being Queen, with all itís going to entail.
anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 05:53:28 PM »

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 05:55:25 PM »

Reception arrivals

Hereditary Prince Alois and
Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein

Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown and Prince Radu

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:04:26 PM by Aubiette » Logged
SvenskaSarah

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 06:02:33 PM »

Good to know MT does know how to dress!! Mary looks lovely too, that hairstyle suits her.

In another thread I commented how relaxed Charles looked. In my mind was how tense and 'head down' Camilla looked at the garden party. She is admirably careful about her health, but I do wonder if she's feeling the nerves too?
jolene

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 06:03:41 PM »

Who are the people in the first two pictures?

So excited for tomorrow!!  Banana
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 06:04:12 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread, Lady Liebe.  It was time.

I agree on the comment why Camilla is absent today.  I thought the same thing, that sheíll be at the reception tonight, plus all day tomorrow plus Sundayís concert, Monday events.  Charles out with the PoWs and DofEs plus Anne gives her a chance to rest, put her feet up.  As much as she looks pretty healthy, in the polished royal sort of way, I donít feel like sheís got the strongest constitution or the Windsor longevity.  She seems careful of her health, which will be good for her so she can keep pace with Charles and being Queen, with all itís going to entail.

I agree so much. I really have admired her in the last years, her energy and her devotion to Charles and all the duties that come with her being the consort. Never do forget that this woman is 75 years old and once you get into your 60s or even beginning of 70 you are feeling your age and most of the time you are longing for a little rest and peace. Which, most people have deserved IMO.

And it is true that the Windsor genes with getting so old and being so fit up until over 90 is an exception.
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 06:06:35 PM »

It’s a coronation and we get this boring crap. Sorry but I’m so disappointed.

Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2023, 06:12:49 PM »

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:24:46 PM by Aubiette » Logged
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2023, 06:22:20 PM »

Who are the people in the first two pictures?

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa (MT) of Luxembourg.

Big thanks to Aubiette for posting all those brand new pictures!

VanillaMoomin

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2023, 06:27:52 PM »

So far I think I like Marie Chantalís outfit most, I love that dress shape in general and it looks fab on her, then Maryís, with that excellent use of color, then, surprisingly, Mette Maritís. It fits her well, and itís fun. And there is so little fun when we are not being allowed to see all the lovely jewelry these people own. Letiziaís dress is a wonderful color for her, but I donít like what it does around her tummy and arms. Charleneís dress is also a wonderful color for her, but emphasizing one of her powerful shoulders just makes her look lopsided somehow. Amalia looks lovely but I canít tell what her outfit is like because itís all so dark. But Iím thrilled to see her looking so confident!

ETA, thanks to Aubietteís  Star Star Star new photos I can see that Charleneís dress is a jumpsuit, which is great but I still think a symmetrical look would balance her out better, and Amaliaís outfit is boring, but honestly who cares when Amalia is looking so well in herself.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2023, 06:31:07 PM »

Itís a coronation and we get this boring crap. Sorry but Iím so disappointed.

Iím so thrilled to see Amalia and Elisabeth there.

Aubiette

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 06:31:30 PM »

The President of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, and Elke Büdenbender

The President of Israel, Isaac Herzog, and wife Michal Herzog

President of the Dominican Republic, Luis Abinader, and Raquel Patricia Arbaje Soneh

First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:57:58 PM by Aubiette » Logged
ralf103

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2023, 06:35:29 PM »

Wow, I didn't think it was going to be gowns and tiaras but crickey everyone has gone OTT the other way, pretty boring bland dark coloured "mehness" apart from Charlene.

I hate Leti's outfit but at least its some colour. I mean I even find myself liking MM's outfit even though it looks like something from the bargain bin that even her m-i-l passed on buying but at least its colour!

MT fails for being both in boring black and wearing something ridiculous at the same time. Thank god for Vic (though wish she had gone for more bling) and Sophie of Liechtenstein for some colour.
loveofenglishtradition

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2023, 06:36:53 PM »

So far I think I like Marie Chantalís outfit most, I love that dress shape in general and it looks fab on her, then Maryís, with that excellent use of color, then, surprisingly, Mette Maritís. It fits her well, and itís fun. And there is so little fun when we are not being allowed to see all the lovely jewelry these people own. Letiziaís dress is a wonderful color for her, but I donít like what it does around her tummy and arms. Charleneís dress is also a wonderful color for her, but emphasizing one of her powerful shoulders just makes her look lopsided somehow. Amalia looks lovely but I canít tell what her outfit is like because itís all so dark. But Iím thrilled to see her looking so confident!

ETA, thanks to Aubietteís  Star Star Star new photos I can see that Charleneís dress is a jumpsuit, which is great but I still think a symmetrical look would balance her out better, and Amaliaís outfit is boring, but honestly who cares when Amalia is looking so well in herself.

I very much liked the pictures of King Philippe with his daughter and old Qeen Beatrix with Amalia, how nice to see them together at such an event.
Amalia IMO  has learned that dressing in dark colours makes her look more slim and therefore feeling more secure and comfortable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: