Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Coronation o King Charles III  (Read 84854 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: May 14, 2023, 12:50:05 PM »

Does anyone know when Charles will start updating the royal warrant holders?

Cool your jets, everyone
Aubiette

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: May 14, 2023, 01:21:02 PM »

They can’t update a website so….
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

"Near catastrophic"

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: May 14, 2023, 01:23:58 PM »

Cool your jets, everyone
Ghost

Big Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: May 14, 2023, 06:28:00 PM »

After five years of holding the position, I think.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »

According to the Royal Warrant Holder's association website FAQ when a grantor dies the warrant becomes void though the company made display the grantor's arms for up to two years.  They also say that all warrants will be reviewed upon a change of the reigning Sovereign. 

https://www.royalwarrant....requently-asked-questions

There are several hundred warrant holders so reviewing everything will take time.
ralf103

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2023, 07:48:46 PM »

Depressingly they seem to have settled on keeping the old website, for now at least. The banner "some information may be out of date since the death if Queen Elizabeth II" has been removed and pages updated to reflect, for example, the current royals relationships to Charles and so on.

I imagine the warrants may take a while though really I'm sure Charles and Cams could sit there with a few gins one night ticking and crossing those they wants to keep / ditch Wink
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: May 18, 2023, 07:14:30 PM »

This is probably as old as the hills, but I didn't hear it until today and it really made me laugh. Somebody was talking about all the coronation regalia and couldn't remember the name of the orb, so called it ``the holy hand grenade'' instead.
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: May 18, 2023, 07:21:10 PM »

This is probably as old as the hills, but I didn't hear it until today and it really made me laugh. Somebody was talking about all the coronation regalia and couldn't remember the name of the orb, so called it ``the holy hand grenade'' instead.

Ah . . . Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail reference.

https://uproxx.com/viral/...oly-hand-grenade-antioch/

Note - Monty Python devotees are not chuckleheads, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 08:01:23 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: May 18, 2023, 09:01:35 PM »

Oh my, I didn't know this, missed the Monty Python reference entirely.
lyndell75

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: May 19, 2023, 08:47:46 PM »

Don't know if this article has already been added
Coronation outfits worn by King Charles III and Queen Camilla will be on display as part of the Summer Opening of the State Rooms at #BuckinghamPalace between 14 July and 24 September 2023.

Come and visit Buckingham Palace this summer and be amazed by the magnificent outfits worn by King Charles III and Queen Camilla during their historic Coronation in 2023.

Step into the Ballroom to see our special Coronation display including outfits worn at the Coronation, as well as historic vestments such as the Coronation Glove. The highlight of the display will be the outfits worn by Their Majesties as they departed from Westminster Abbey in the Gold State Coach and then appeared on the Buckingham Palace balcony to greet the crowds. Get up close to the Robe of Estate worn by The King, which was also worn by his grandfather King George VI for his Coronation in 1937. Don’t miss the chance to take a closer look at Queen Camilla’s beautiful Coronation Dress and Robe of Estate.

The Coronation display is included as part of your visit to the Summer Opening of the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, 14 July – 24 September 2023.
https://www.rct.uk/collec...l&utm_source=facebook

anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: May 19, 2023, 08:56:54 PM »

She looks so distinguished and he looks like he's playing dress up. Whoever selected his clothing for him did such a disservice to the entire affair.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: May 20, 2023, 01:53:58 AM »

She looks so distinguished and he looks like he's playing dress up. Whoever selected his clothing for him did such a disservice to the entire affair.

I know much fun has been made of Charles’ clothing, but all of it is historically and traditionally linked to coronations. It’s seeing it in blazing colour for the first time that seems to be jarring.

https://www.townandcountr...coronation-outfit-attire/
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: May 20, 2023, 02:29:30 AM »

I know much fun has been made of Charles’ clothing, but all of it is historically and traditionally linked to coronations. It’s seeing it in blazing colour for the first time that seems to be jarring.

Good point, emtishell.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: May 20, 2023, 03:02:58 AM »

nah. it is the obscene amount spent on this do that's jarring in this day n age.  Dead

JMO.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
SvenskaSarah

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: May 20, 2023, 03:20:53 AM »

nah. it is the obscene amount spent on this do that's jarring in this day n age.  Dead

JMO.

G Smiley

Interestingly, recently the amount spent for HLM's funeral and media coverage after her passing has been released. In the UK I have not heard of anyone complaining or suggesting that 'the money could have been spent increasing the wages of nurses/junior doctors/ any number of roles who have been recently on strike' (not to get political, but this was a lot of the complaints I heard from customers in my pub and among family members). It'll be interesting to hear if people I know in time complain about the cost. I guess if they don't, that may be an indicator towards the generic respect for QEII compared to Charles.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: