Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trooping the Colour 2023  (Read 9401 times)
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Charisma Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2023, 10:33:38 PM »

Yes next year I would like to see something on the order of hail hail the (royal) gang's all here, with the exception of Andrew. I'd like to see the Yorkies and their offspring and I'd also hope that Eddie Kent will still be upright and in his guard uniform as well as Princess Alexandra. And certainly all of Anne's tribe if, for no other reason, I think the little girls and the Wales kids can make some wonderful naughty mischief for all to see.  It's a family affair, not a meeting of the senior managing partners, after all. And I think somebody needs to sit down with CHarles and explain that fact.

Hear hear!

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
ralf103

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2023, 11:30:49 PM »

I think Charles has planned on slimming down the numbers on the palace balcony for a long time. However, in the intervening time the need to do so has diminished. Back in the late 90s/ early 00s people assumed everyone on the balcony was on the public payroll. Now people are better educated in no small part to the whole issues surrounding Harry and Andrew which has shown its possible for people to be part of the family but not on payroll.

Again, I think there is a way to achieve both - an appearance by the core, working, RF before and after the fly past with the wider family joining to watch the fly past. I think it works better in some ways given Charles now has it that pretty much all the working royals are the only ones on display to/from and during the Trooping ceremony - that gives the whole "working royals only" message, allowing the wider family on to the balcony to see the planes doesn't seem such a big thing as perhaps it once was.

TBF our unhappiness has made the DM  Wink so maybe Charles, Cams or someone from his team will see it and reconsider

https://www.dailymail.co....tment-scaled-balcony.html
lyndell75

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2023, 11:36:09 PM »

jolene

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2023, 12:58:52 AM »

Love this. The Wales children are obviously comfortable with aunt Sophie.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2023, 02:24:32 AM »

Very nice to see Sophie and the Wales crew.

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2023, 02:48:23 AM »

Catherine looked fabulous, and even though I love the colour green, this bright green is difficult to pull off - she did.

Renee

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2023, 03:04:26 AM »

Charlotte's hairstyle is darling and so appropriate for a little girl. I'd do my daughter's hair like that every day if I had the time.

And that subtle, tiny wing at the end of Kate's eyeliner... *chef's kiss*
Ktc

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2023, 03:53:12 AM »

Kates look is not my favorite, like others have said itís dated. I do love a Kelly green, but it could be more current.
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2023, 07:21:07 PM »

I don't think that's an outfit that will lend itself to re-wearing. It's just too one-of-a-kind distinctive, unless they do some significant alterations. I do applaud Mary for altering and getting multiple wearings out of many of her outfits, but I can't recall much of the same from the BRF. For a second wearing for this green frock, the button thingies would definitely have to go.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2023, 07:44:40 PM »

Did the British media have any comment on Camsí outfit?
CyrilSebastian

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2023, 01:02:45 AM »

Catherine fixed Prince Louis' tie at Trooping the Colour   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEjs0QKiLJM
Bunnyette

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2023, 02:49:37 AM »

Yes next year I would like to see something on the order of hail hail the (royal) gang's all here, with the exception of Andrew. I'd like to see the Yorkies and their offspring and I'd also hope that Eddie Kent will still be upright and in his guard uniform as well as Princess Alexandra. And certainly all of Anne's tribe if, for no other reason, I think the little girls and the Wales kids can make some wonderful naughty mischief for all to see.  It's a family affair, not a meeting of the senior managing partners, after all. And I think somebody needs to sit down with CHarles and explain that fact.

I nominate Princess Anne, with William in the room listening silently
Nappyolean

Warned
Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2023, 02:21:01 PM »

I loved the big balcony look with all the kidsÖitís the only time you see a lot of the non working royal children and itís fun to see how they have grown. But I do think the sparse balcony isnít going to change and this is the new look moving forward.  Charles wanted that anyway but itís also worked in his favor by being very convenient to keep ďrogueĒ royal family members off the balcony without any media speculation. You are either a working royal and on the balcony or you arenít.
CyrilSebastian

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2023, 12:40:39 AM »

Sophie stole the show at Trooping the Colour   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QnJ2wSiv8
miliosr

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2023, 02:28:54 AM »

But I do think the sparse balcony isnít going to change and this is the new look moving forward.  Charles wanted that anyway but itís also worked in his favor by being very convenient to keep ďrogueĒ royal family members off the balcony without any media speculation. You are either a working royal and on the balcony or you arenít.
I agree. I also don't get the sense that William is especially invested in the cousinage and perpetuating it publicly at the second cousin level.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: