Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's health issues  (Read 36010 times)
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2024, 02:11:31 AM »

Remember all the press nonsense means clicks. Clicks mean money. Money is the motivator.

sorry. don't understand. how does clicks means money?

can you explain it to me pls?

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
thecrownjewelthief

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2024, 02:59:10 PM »

Remember all the press nonsense means clicks. Clicks mean money. Money is the motivator.

sorry. don't understand. how does clicks means money?

can you explain it to me pls?

thx

G Smiley

Clicking on an article drives up ad revenue for a media company - so they use dramatic headlines that encourage people to read the article, even if it's not reflective of the content in the article or the truth.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2024, 05:31:00 PM »

Geta crownjewelthief beat me to it and explained it better than I could have.  Thumb up
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2024, 08:47:05 PM »

Many websites contain ads. And each time someone clicks on that website, the owner received a tiny tiny tiny fractional payment from the advertiser. So, the more clicks, the more money. And the reward is far greater if the viewer also clicks on the ad itself. So the name of the game is to drive folks to the websites,  and, unfortunately, the more sensational the content, the more eyeballs hit the website and the more cash for the site owner.
cordtx

Warned
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2024, 09:50:37 PM »

also, posting articles they know will tick people off and bring in a lot of comments disagreeing with the article brings the clicks as well.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2024, 03:58:08 AM »

thank you  Star to everyone. I appreciate the explainations.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2024, 03:28:07 AM »

do we have any updates on kate?

any news when she might be back?

G Smiley

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2024, 05:37:05 AM »

do we have any updates on kate?

any news when she might be back?

G Smiley

I am trying hard not to fear for her…
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2024, 05:49:01 AM »

I'm taking the position that she has decided to keep her medical treatments and health condition absolutely private - which is her right. Her husband would notify his father if anything changes drastically enough to affect the immediate family.

I haven't been looking for news about her health or condition since she went into total-private mode. I have known people who have dealt with a cancer diagnosis and the uncertainty and distress it causes the immediate family. If she was in the line of succession, perhaps I would feel differently -- but she isn't because it is her husband that is, not her. She is married to him but not the direct line. He is is not obligated to reveal her health information to the public. I am glad he has chosen to keep that information private for now. The constant query about the 'your condition' is stressful to the person who has been diagnosed with cancer even in its least destructive form. Disclosing your health matters to thousands of people unrelated to you adds to stress and isn't helpful in any way. Let Catherine take comfort from her husband, children and family during this stressful time. It is what you would probably do with your own family member.
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2024, 06:13:19 AM »

“Kate 'doing well', says Prince William on Cornwall visit”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68990928
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2024, 06:18:05 AM »

The thing about a serious health issue is that you're not just magically free of it one day. It's not an absolute black-and-white situation. So whatever form of Cancer Kate is fighting, even if all her scans are clean, it would be really imprudent to declare that this health episode is now forever behind her and on with her life. I suspect she will only gradually return to public life and will continue to be reticent about disclosing her health status in anything but the most general terms.  There will be a ``wait and see'' period that will be approached with much caution.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2024, 07:29:49 PM »

Imagine if she tried to work and if she had to pull out because of something harmless last minute (cold, circulation problem, ...) Can you see the headlines in front of you? I also think they have a strict agreement with the press that she is not hounded down like Philipp when he left the hospital.
Rita

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2024, 07:55:51 PM »

I think she should take as long as need to fullly recover..
We are sp used to see her often that is weird her absence but i am wishing her and her husband strenght...in sush complecated health situation..

anneboleyn

Warned
Humongous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2024, 08:25:12 PM »

She will hardly be the first person to take a leave of absence from their job for cancer treatments. I hope she takes all the time she needs. I’m fine with not seeing her.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2024, 08:27:50 PM »

I too think she will take a her time with her recovery. Better that she is fitting fit before she undertakes duties again.

It doesn't matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100. Anonymous
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: