Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spencers  (Read 100152 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2016, 01:52:43 AM »

Death of the stepmother Diana used to call 'Acid Raine': Barbara Cartland's daughter who married three noblemen including Diana's father Earl Spencer dies aged 87 after a short illness

Raine, Countess Spencer and the stepmother of Diana, Princess of Wales, has died today aged 87
    She was the only daughter of Alexander McCorquodale and the noted novelist Dame Barbara Cartland
    A socialite, she married three times and became a Conservative politician when she was just 23
    She had a notoriously turbulent relationship with her stepdaughter but pair became much closer later

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Spencer-dies-age-87.html

she was a beauty when she was young

The wedding of Raine Spencer and Gerald Legge, Earl of Dartmouth, at St Margaret's Church, Westminster, London, July 21st 1948. It was the first of her three marriages. She divorced him in 1976, before remarrying her second husband the same year

[/img]

Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:39 AM »

Death of the stepmother Diana used to call 'Acid Raine': Barbara Cartland's daughter who married three noblemen including Diana's father Earl Spencer dies aged 87 after a short illness

Raine, Countess Spencer and the stepmother of Diana, Princess of Wales, has died today aged 87
    She was the only daughter of Alexander McCorquodale and the noted novelist Dame Barbara Cartland
    A socialite, she married three times and became a Conservative politician when she was just 23
    She had a notoriously turbulent relationship with her stepdaughter but pair became much closer later

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Spencer-dies-age-87.html

she was a beauty when she was young

The wedding of Raine Spencer and Gerald Legge, Earl of Dartmouth, at St Margaret's Church, Westminster, London, July 21st 1948. It was the first of her three marriages. She divorced him in 1976, before remarrying her second husband the same year

[/img]

She totally was! Very glad to see these pictures. She was a beauty in old age still though, a lady truly and very nicely put together.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2016, 10:33:35 PM »

I think she was "old English upper class" who had an interesting life. I find it remarkable that she -like Diana- married and had children when she was only 18 or 19. Bascially her life is a bit similar to Diana's - just she left her husband and found happiness with Lord Spencer while Diana never found the stable relationship she wanted.

I think the whole constellation (getting divorced and remarried) was a bit unusual. It must have been hard for her to leave Althrop ... was she financially taken care of or why did she re-marry so quickly? Does anyone know?
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »

I think she was "old English upper class" who had an interesting life. I find it remarkable that she -like Diana- married and had children when she was only 18 or 19. Bascially her life is a bit similar to Diana's - just she left her husband and found happiness with Lord Spencer while Diana never found the stable relationship she wanted.

I think the whole constellation (getting divorced and remarried) was a bit unusual. It must have been hard for her to leave Althrop ... was she financially taken care of or why did she re-marry so quickly? Does anyone know?

She was left a home in London and four million , that's what I read anyway . These matters are always taken care of as most of the wealth and estate are left to the eldest boy , no chances could be taking.
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2016, 02:35:53 AM »

And of course she had her mother's money, too.  She seems to have been a man's woman, and she took good care of her men (for the most part).  I'd still like to know more about the Frenchman --was he really just a gold-digger?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2016, 08:29:51 PM »

Very weird that she remarried that quickly (the third time). But well ... she was very beautiful and too young when she married the first time.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »

I imagine she was a romantic like her mother and always had to have a relationship.  Judging superficially from the old photos, it looks like she was such a young beauty that she got lots of attention and I'm sure a glamorous stepmother was the last thing a young Diana wanted.  Then I'm sure when Diana got all of the attention when she married Charles it was probably Raine who was jealous.  It seems that Raine was good to Diana's father when he was recovering from strokes and basically lived with an invalid for the last years of his life so that can't be fun.  I would guess that when he passed away she was ready to be with a man who could have fun.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:26 AM »

She was left a home in London and four million , that's what I read anyway . These matters are always taken care of as most of the wealth and estate are left to the eldest boy , no chances could be taking.

When she married the Earl Spencer Althorpe was in dire financial straits and she was the one who managed to get it all under control. She was criticized for selling many Spencer treasures but she had too in order to save the estate which she did. I think the kids resented her selling what they perceived as their inheritance. Had she not done it, Althorpe would have fallen into complete disrepair. The current Earl should be most grateful to his step-Mother. Raine lead a fascinating life, but then she is the daughter of Barbara Cartland so she was destined not to lead a boring life and she didn't. May she rest in peace.
Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »

She was a harmless and colourful character.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2016, 11:56:45 PM »

'They know what they want and what their talents are': Lady Kitty Spencer admits she ENVIES homeless young people for their sense of purpose in life

Lady Kitty, 25, is daughter of Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer
Works for military charity and is Centrepoint ambassador
Envies young people who know their talents and what they want in life
Admits she's struggling to settle on what she wants to 'set her mind to'

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nse-purpose.html#comments
ceridwen

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2016, 01:03:50 AM »

how interesting, she looks like a human but is apparently an amoeba, great choice of words!

trying is the first step towards failure - homer simpson
CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2017, 04:06:57 AM »

Lady Kitty's boyfriend, Niccolo Barattieri di San Pietro has over twenty years experience in finance/real estate. He is the chief executive officer of Northacre. His mother's great-uncle is Pius XII, who was Pope from 1939 to 1958.   
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2017, 05:26:17 AM »

'They know what they want and what their talents are': Lady Kitty Spencer admits she ENVIES homeless young people for their sense of purpose in life

Crazy Blink  Yikes
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:46 AM »

she needs a smack upside the head to come to here senses....dumbass

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »

One night of sleeping on the streets in heavy rain and a thin sleeping bag, with no money, and Lady Kitty would be scuttling back to her father's house like greased lightning.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: