Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Joachim  (Read 75454 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: March 23, 2008, 02:08:03 AM »

On March 17th he opened the Danfoss Art Award - info and pics: http://www.danfoss.com/Ab...rt+Award/Introduction.htm

Marie loves cars and boxing apparently and Joachim is happy about that as he's still very much involved with racing - and Nikolaj and Felix loves racing cars too: http://www.bt.dk/article/20080322/royalt/80322019/

The county of Tønder - where Schackenborg is situated - has made a logo for the wedding: http://www.toender.dk/default.asp?mnu=702

Sorry if any of this has been poster other places Smiley
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »

Joachim´s apanage will go up by 68,000 kr per month when he and Marie marry in May.

Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:00:20 AM »

Those generous Danes. Thanks guys ; you pay the taxes and we get the free soap opera! Grin
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:03:57 AM »

From BB #19, Joachim in Mozambique.
BWpunisher

Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

HRH Clown Prince Dumbledork of Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:16:01 AM »

Why doesn't Fredham do things like this?

BRF Section Trolls:
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:29:19 AM »

Because he already works 24/7  Huh?

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 01:57:16 AM »

How many Danes secretly think Joachim should be king?
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »

I think more will after today.  Before Mary, a lot of people thought Joachim was better suited as king.  Fred scored points by marrying, because it made him seem responsible and ready for the future as king.  By contrast, Joachim got divorced and went through a period of partying and skirt chasing that changed opinions for the worse.  I think he is starting to make a comeback, although Danes are still quite loyal to Fred and to Mary.  On Danish boards, it's still a majority who think Mary can do no wrong and that Marie is a golddigger wannabe.  I'm sure that when the cracks start to appear in F&M's marriage (like their behavior today at the wedding), Joachim will reclaim his spot as the preferred prince.  He is eloquent and refined in a way Fred could never hope to be.  He should have been born first.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »

When I was in China last Dec, Joachim was in the news promoting Danish products which had been doing quite well in China. He was also in Russia last year. He does work, actually is quite good at it, better than Fred. Now Marie is around, no doubt she will bring more attention to their acts, the oversea trips, themselves as a couple.
Sanne

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 11:24:24 PM »

I don't think you'd ever get to the point where most Danes would prefer Joachim over Frederik. People are very superficial. They think Frederik seems like the kind of guy you would want to drink beer or watch sport with. Joachim often comes across as arrogant, even though he may not be arrogant and is just a serious person.
northen

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 02:07:20 AM »

I think more will after today.  Before Mary, a lot of people thought Joachim was better suited as king.  Fred scored points by marrying, because it made him seem responsible and ready for the future as king.  By contrast, Joachim got divorced and went through a period of partying and skirt chasing that changed opinions for the worse.  I think he is starting to make a comeback, although Danes are still quite loyal to Fred and to Mary.  On Danish boards, it's still a majority who think Mary can do no wrong and that Marie is a golddigger wannabe.  I'm sure that when the cracks start to appear in F&M's marriage (like their behavior today at the wedding), Joachim will reclaim his spot as the preferred prince.  He is eloquent and refined in a way Fred could never hope to be.  He should have been born first.

+1 Thumb up
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »

When I was in China last Dec, Joachim was in the news promoting Danish products which had been doing quite well in China. He was also in Russia last year. He does work, actually is quite good at it, better than Fred. Now Marie is around, no doubt she will bring more attention to their acts, the oversea trips, themselves as a couple.

Actually Joachim does do a lot in represting Denmark (in a positive way), but regardless how hard he may work, the media will still report mostly on F&M, and attempt to downplay Joachim's contributation....doesn't look good for him to outshine the future King (which wouldn't be very hard)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »

Deleted.

Jokke is great, especially in business.

thrilla

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 10:49:33 PM »

I don't think you'd ever get to the point where most Danes would prefer Joachim over Frederik. People are very superficial. They think Frederik seems like the kind of guy you would want to drink beer or watch sport with. Joachim often comes across as arrogant, even though he may not be arrogant and is just a serious person.

It's the same phenomenon that led Americans to prefer Bush over Al Gore.  Smarter people often seem arrogant or superior, it's just because the average Joe feels intimidated by them.
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »

Actually Joachim does do a lot in represting Denmark (in a positive way), but regardless how hard he may work, the media will still report mostly on F&M, and attempt to downplay Joachim's contributation....doesn't look good for him to outshine the future King (which wouldn't be very hard)

Two zebras and a chimpanzee could easily outshine this future king, even if two of them were blind and the third was missing a leg.  Of course, we'd never hear about it, because the press is so busy building this man up into the next Messiah, which we all know he is not.  It must hard to live up to such a perfect image!  No wonder Fred looks depressed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: