Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost and Found  (Read 20479 times)
Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2008, 10:28:44 PM »

Here we go, this is the thread to post in when looking for a specific photo, a quote or an article of royals. 

I'll start: I'm looking for a pic of Mary on her wedding day that I remember someone posted here. It was a close up of her face from the side (maybe even a screenshot?) and you could see her very thick make-up spackled on   Cool
Observer

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »

Would love to see that! Unfortunately, nothing  - not even full coverage make-up - could cover up the bags under Mary's eyes on her wedding day. Otherwise, I thought her face looked very nice.
Donna

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »

Mary was looking perhaps at her best on her wedding day, or maybe not.  Thinking But the make-up was not good when looked at in detail. The blush was far too pronounced, in fact it looked quite ridiculous. Mary has lost so much weight, it's made her face age prematurely, and I think she looks older than Fred.
Observer

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »

I totally agree - it's as if you read my mind.

The one thing that stood out to me were the bags under her eyes - they probably made her look older on the day. I actually felt sorry for her in that respect. I mean, this is the most special day in a woman's life, and to have conspicuous bags staring back at you in the photos would be very disappointing.
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »

Here we go, this is the thread to post in when looking for a specific photo, a quote or an article of royals. 

I'll start: I'm looking for a pic of Mary on her wedding day that I remember someone posted here. It was a close up of her face from the side (maybe even a screenshot?) and you could see her very thick make-up spackled on   Cool

I'm too lazy to search I think you can start from Pat's avatars.
Here's the side face

Here's 40 year old grandma on her wedding day

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »

do you mean this:
http://cache.viewimages.c...30F150C4F392EAD04625AFC9D
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/..._40154369_11couple203.jpg

Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 09:34:21 PM »

Thank you all for posting pics! Unfortunately none is the one I was looking for. Maybe I saw it on another board. I remember someone replying to the photo with something like: "Mary must have had a shock when she looked in the mirror". I continue to search for it!
Thanks again!!
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:53:55 PM »

Hermione, I think I know which  photo you are talking about. I can't remember where I saw it, but if it's the photo I'm thinking of it is an enlarged photo of this    photo
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

Do you know If there's a video somewhere on the web of the guest arriving to the pre wedding dinner of L&F?
and to the guest arriving to the wedding Itself?  Confused

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

MissPeebles

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Soldier Boy - A Hard Day's Fight

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »

Mary really was very heavily made up on her wedding day -   she looks as though she put her blusher on with boxing gloves.

Interestingly, the shots of her taken inside the church look a bit better. I think that's because her make-up was designed to look good under strong, TV style lighting i.e. for the cameras.

I work in TV and when we are filming I sometimes look at the actresses - especially if it's a period drama - and want to lunge at them with a flannel and wash it all off. Honestly, they look like clowns! Then when one sees the result on camera, it's amazing.   Nevertheless, a skilled TV make-up artist would always create a different look for filming in natural light, which can be harsh and flat, but also cruelly revealing if too much "slap" (i.e foundation) is used. I suspect that Mary's problem is that she uses ordinary beauticians rather than TV/film make-up artists and they don't understand the photographic play of light - they just do their normal maquillage, more heavily. On her wedding day the shots taken in natural light were particularly unforgiving.

I also the need (or desire) for very heavy foundation is the reason for Mary's use of rather large hats. The brim filters the fall of light onto the face, creating a "soft focus" effect.

Still, she's hardly alone in adopting a level of artifice. Even George VI wore make-up - towards the end of his life he looked cadaverously unwell and always wore theatrical foundation when in public. In addition, since the middle of the last century all royal cars (and even some State carriages) have been fitted with flattering spotlights, so that the occupants can be both clearly seen and displayed to cosmetic advantage.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »

Do you know If there's a video somewhere on the web of the guest arriving to the pre wedding dinner of L&F?

Guests arriving to the wedding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT02ngLFHE

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »

Love your avatar Hanzo1 - have you been to Mexico?
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »

Guests arriving to the wedding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT02ngLFHE
Thank you  Smiley

hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »

Love your avatar Hanzo1 - have you been to Mexico?
No I haven't I hope that one day I will and also to Brazil on the way and Peru and Argentina , Costa Rica could also be pretty nice Grin

Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »

i'd love to see that pic of letizia's stained gala dress just before her wedding.

imric it was a green dress with a huge sweat stain on the fabric underneath her armpit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: