Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Henrik?  (Read 18961 times)
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »

According to EB, Henrik gave an interview to 'Point de Vue' and expressed his disappointment Cry Cry Cry that he did not get the title king when he married Margrethe.
Prins Henrik vil være konge
http://ekstrabladet.dk/fl...ngelige/article280682.ece

Another article:

Dry your eyes and forget it Henrik!
The Danes´s judgement is crushing:No,no and hell no! 21.925  voted on an ekstrabladet.dk. poll and  88% voted NO.Many asked said that Henrik was ridiculous and pathetic.
Message,dry your eyes Henrik and enjoy your privilledged royal existance as long as it exists!

Tør øjnene og glem det Henrik!
’Nej, nej og atter nej’ lyder det samstemmende på spørgsmålet, om Henrik skal have titel af konge. Hvis han vil have en ny titel, kan det blive Kong Gulerod(!).
Med andre ord: Tør øjnene og nyd din privilegerede ’kongelige’ tilværelse, Henrik, så længe den varer.
For når dronning Margrethe på et tidspunkt dør, ja så bliver tronen overtaget af hans søn, kronprins Frederik, der får titel som konge af Danmark. Sådan er reglerne bare her i Danmark.

Debate:
Let Henrik be! If Mary will be queen when Margrethe dies and Fred accends the throne, why cant Henrik also be titled King?

Poor guy.Should Henrik be titled King?
Sorry, no poll function here.

Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »

Just as a matter of interest what would Henrik be if Daisy passed away??? Angel
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:26:28 AM »

Good question Henny.He would no longer be prince consort.

Some of what Henrik said:
Jeg kaster mig fortsat entusiastisk ud i opgaven, men den indbyggede mangel på ligeret er det sværeste at klare. Offentligheden er tilbøjelig til kun at anerkende dronningen. Således bliver parforholdet skævt, ikke privat, men i offentlighedens øjne ... siger Henrik

Og fortsætter med den for kongelige så sjældne udtalelse:

– ... og det er naturligvis traumatisk!

I throw myself enthusiatically into the assignments,but the inbuilt lack of equality(equal rights) is the hardest thing to take.The public is inclined to just acknowledge the queen.Thus the relationship becomes unnormal/distorted,not in private,but in the eyes of the public...says Henrik.
And continues with  utterances rarely expressed by the royals:
-...and it is naturally traumatic!

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »

Wow.  Interesting what he said.  It is probably because Margarethe wants to be the only big fish.  Does seem like a double standard if Mary is to be Queen.  Geez, the way the poll talked about Fred it almost seemed like they were talking about Freddie. Wink

If Victoria married Daniel would he be King?  Does this (having a queen, only happen if you're a male ascending monarch?
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56:01 AM »

You know I remember he threw one of these "hussy"  Tongue fits earlier on, packed his
bacquet, and fleed to Castle Caix. Daisy had to go after him and pretend all was well...

He really hasn't done too bad, considering that his FAmily can't really prove the validity of their title  Crap

And I might be wrong, but I always thought that MoSH-Pits, will only be Queen-ey-Consort. Never Queen!

have a look at these sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_consort

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...sion_to_the_Danish_Throne

« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:05:50 AM by getafix » Logged

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »

Well, of course she will "only" be a Queen consort, like Silvia, Sofia and so on...but she even so will get the style "Your majesty' which Hen cannot aspire to..he is stuck with a stained glass ceiling of "HRH".   Cry
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »

Well, of course she will "only" be a Queen consort, like Silvia, Sofia and so on...but she even so will get the style "Your majesty' which Hen cannot aspire to..he is stuck with a stained glass ceiling of "HRH".   Cry
Is there such a thing as "King consort"? I think thats all the guy is wishing for.
lots of letters from readers were suggesting an abdication/retirement for Margie and a retirement to Caix where Henrik can be king of the castle,and for Frecks and mosh to start earning their keep instead of their  constant  vacations. No No No No Thumb down

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:27:50 AM »

No, I do not think that exists.  Prince Albert was just that while Victoria was queen, ditto Princes Berhnard and Claux in NL.  Not to mention Prince George to Queen Anne and of course Philip, who lacks even the formal title of consort.

There have been dual monarchies in the past (one in England : William and Mary) but that was highly political...due to the Glorious Revolution and so on.

He's a fool if he thinks he's going to get the title of king.  It just doesn't work that way.
Aussieshiela

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 05:31:46 AM »

You know I remember he threw one of these "hussy"  Tongue fits earlier on, packed his
bacquet, and fleed to Castle Caix. Daisy had to go after him and pretend all was well...

He really hasn't done too bad, considering that his FAmily can't really prove the validity of their title  Crap

And I might be wrong, but I always thought that MoSH-Pits, will only be Queen-ey-Consort. Never Queen!

have a look at these sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_consort

I remember the hissy fit that Henrik and took off in a snit to France.. I remember seeing a newsreport of the reconciliation with Daisy saying all was well and Fred at the back and i remember this very well and i quote Fred said '
He's (Henrik) not well at the moment' or it could have been Hes sick at the moment... I thought at the time that
this was not very diplomatic of fred, and it twas a veiled reference to mental illness? That was my first thought!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...sion_to_the_Danish_Throne

"Fame is the sum of the misunderstanding that gathers about a new name."  Rainer Maria Rilke
Aussieshiela

Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:59 AM »

sorry everyone i missed the end of the quote bit, sorry about the hashed up reply! duh

"Fame is the sum of the misunderstanding that gathers about a new name."  Rainer Maria Rilke
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »

Theoretically I could understand Henriks problem.
It is a bit of a un-emazipation. And as far as I know the Netherlands are going to face this by degrading the spouse to the monarch no matter what gender to a prince/ss consort. So that Maxima will not become Queen Consort of the NL but just as her father-in-law and grandfather-in-law before her (and the one before that) a prince/ss of the NL.
You know in earlier days, wives were often given the titles of their husbands (not only in royal or aristocratic circles) but here in german-speaking countries (Austria seems very big in it) women were called "Frau Doctor" or "Frau Professor" or Frau "Director" if her husband had such a title, even if she was a "mere housewife"
Women achieved social status in life thru marriage, men thru work (well or family, but not marriage)
The reason why there is no king consort for the husbands imo lies in the ancient problem that men and women are anything but equal. And the presence of a king signals he is higher in hierachy than the female counterpart.
Today, we could argue that king and queen are only symbolic anyway and if a waitress or a simple girl from Tassie can become Queen, than why not the hubbies?
How about calling the souvereign always king (he-king and she-king) and the spouse queen?
Actually it would fit right in with Henries tantrums.... Roll Eyes Thinking Beer

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
patricia07

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 04:11:41 PM »

Oh dear.  Henrik and his latter middle-aged crises. 
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 04:17:15 PM »

Fairy, your summing up is right-on.

Interesting to know about NL being progressive and non-sexist in this regard.

I doubt we can expect progressivity from Daisy / Per Hornet except that things may turn out so they are happy to see Mosh go "down" a rung or two of the ladder and be "demoted" to "Princess" Consort" like Maxi and Camillla.

Can you imagine the look on Mosh's face.   Ranting Ranting Real mad Real mad Ranting

Maybe Henru is hinting that Mosh should not have a more exalted status than he does - and I can't find any fault with that idea....
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

Well, Mary might be technically the Queen Consort, however, I doubt she will be called that -- instead don't you think they'll just call her Queen Mary? (Verbally and written?)

Perhaps Margarethe rules Henrik with an iron fist?Huh? Cute
patricia07

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 04:19:25 PM »

Perhaps Margarethe rules Henrik with an iron fist?

Sounds painful, no wonder poor Henrik is complaining  Laughing
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: