Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Henrik?  (Read 18968 times)
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 09:41:11 PM »

With the new primogeniture constitutional changes it is inappropriate for the wife of a King to be called a Queen when the husband of the Queen cannot be called King. I hope The Netherlands goes ahead with keeping the spouse of the monarch as a Prince/Princess of The Netherlands and sets an example for all the other monarchies. At least call the spouse Prince/King/Princess/Queen Consort +name.

Good for you Henri- shame you felt obliged to change your name also when your "heiress" did not feel obligated to do the same.
Plum Royale

Medium Member

United States United States

Misha Prokhorov is a hysterical drama czar!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 01:58:02 AM »

I Well to be unfair  prefer  the commom born spouse of a Queen, King to be only a Prince Consort or a Prinsess Consort or because  in the past the wifes of the Kings, emperers were royal  born. Now with a number of  the upcoming generations  made "unequal" marriages I thought it was weird to say "Crown  Prince Hakon and Crown Princess MM, or Mary they should have been designated as "Princess". I must admit Maxima is my fave so I think she should be made a Queen consort a " Deluxe Orange" Jumping
Plum

" .. By the way, the beauty of our Russian women, their ability to elegantly pointed, sexy and trendy dress does not give anyone the right to call them prostitutes!
 I love heifers when they audition for me!
Pippin

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:23:18 AM »

According to EB, Henrik gave an interview to 'Point de Vue' and expressed his disappointment that he did not get the title king when he married Margrethe.
Another article:
Dry your eyes and forget it Henrik!
The Danesīs judgement is crushing:No,no and hell no! 21.925  voted on an ekstrabladet.dk. poll and  88% voted NO.Many asked said that Henrik was ridiculous and pathetic.
Message,dry your eyes Henrik and enjoy your privilledged royal existance as long as it exists!

Discussion such as the one outlined above, generally occur when " Change is in the Air ."
Henrik has shown his hand by discussing his regret/disappointment about not receiving the title King.

To an outside observer it looks like the DRF are playing " Musical Chairs " on the TITANIC.

Pippin

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »

With the new primogeniture constitutional changes it is inappropriate for the wife of a King to be called a Queen when the husband of the Queen cannot be called King. I hope The Netherlands goes ahead with keeping the spouse of the monarch as a Prince/Princess of The Netherlands and sets an example for all the other monarchies. At least call the spouse Prince/King/Princess/Queen Consort +name.

Yes, I totally agree, Avise.  It's both fair and logical.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:27 AM »

I have always believed that different titles should be used for the different jobs held by various royals.  In my own world I would have the following:

'King/Queen' and the spouse would be 'Crown Princess/Prince'. 

The heir to the throne would be 'Hereditary Prince/Princess' and married to a 'Princess/Prince'. 

All other children and spouses would be Princes/Princesses (Dukes/Duchesses, Counts/Countesses, etc).

'Sovereign Princes/Princesses' of Prinicipalities would have their spouses known simply as 'Prince/Princess'.

Just a thought  Whistle
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 02:21:30 AM »

its a damn shame that France got rid of their monarchy - including their new one made by Napoleon Wink

otherwise, Kroner Henrik could have been Emperor of France too Grin

Clown

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »

It appears that Henrik(Iīm sure he now regrets changing his name from Henri Cry   ) was very outspoken in the past about gender roles in the family.To quote him:
In the 70īs
In my opinion,the family is most happy if it is the man in charge/control.There are duties in a house that only a woman can handle;childcare,cooking and the like.8-16 jobs are not for women.
-Children are like dogs or horses.With a beating/thrashing,thats how it should be,

1999-interview with BB on his 65 birthday:
-People have become used to seeing P.Henrik like a puppy that just follows along and gets sugar(maybe a bone?)  now and then.
-Danes do not value/consider my work for Denmark and the diffferent things I am involved as anything special.People have considered me as a zero

In 2002:
After the KUR for diplomats,he said to BT that he felt humiliated and  discarded.This happened when the court put Fred to receive the diplomats presenting their new years greetings to the royal house and the regent couple.
Henrik felt that he could as well have received the diplomats as his wifeīs spouse together with her/their son,since he as a father and husband, was part of the host couple.By allowing the son to take over the function ,Henrik became irrelevant.Something he said had happened on other occassions.

After that(the diplomats KUR) he went into a self imposed exile to Cayx to sulk.From there he expressed his deep frustrations to BT  in connection with being number 3 in the royal house

For many years I have been number 2 in Denmark.It is a role I am very content with,but I will not after so many years see myself degraded to number 3 like a nobody.

Since then, the court has done all it can to indulge Henrik,which means that he now appears right after the queen on the courtīs website and is always placed side by side with QM on official occasions,whilst Fred is in third place.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:12:27 PM by Jazzy » Logged

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »

Before we all take a swipe at Hen for his antediluvian views, I would like to say that I don't think Marg is any better.  She married him knowing he is of a patriarchal mindset.

Also, I bet if she had shown some initiative on the issue, DK would now be like Norway, Sweden and Belgium and make the first-born the heir.  She has had decades to encourage such moving with the times in regard to women's roles and has done nothing.   Thumb down

Contrast with the late queen Juliana who was a feminist and who had a female priest at her funeral at her express wish.

Everything about the Danish court seems very old-fashioned in the worst way.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:57 PM »

Before we all take a swipe at Hen for his antediluvian views, I would like to say that I don't think Marg is any better.  She married him knowing he is of a patriarchal mindset.

Also, I bet if she had shown some initiative on the issue, DK would now be like Norway, Sweden and Belgium and make the first-born the heir.  She has had decades to encourage such moving with the times in regard to women's roles and has done nothing.   Thumb down

Contrast with the late queen Juliana who was a feminist and who had a female priest at her funeral at her express wish.

You can also see It with the engagement Mary is taking, they are the stereotipical isuess for woman: children and wellfare Thumb down Snare Crap

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 12:24:37 AM »

I agree with your thoughts but must note that Hen was well aware of the system into which he was marrying.   Perhaps he was looking to England and hoping for Daisy to eventually issue a L.P. giving him place, pre-eminence and precedence next to the Queen on all occasions and in all meetings, except where otherwise provided by Act of Parliament. That would make Henrik the first gentleman of the land, and give him precedence over Freddy except, officially, in Parliament.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:27:19 PM by Ugly Betty » Logged
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 07:57:20 AM »

Well, with regard to UK, it is interesting to note that Philip does not   have the tirle "consort".  QE2 could have given it to him, as Victoria did to Albert, and she was expected to do so, but she never has granted him that honour... Secret
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 08:08:43 AM »

You can also see It with the engagement Mary is taking, they are the stereotipical isuess for woman: children and wellfare Thumb down Snare Crap

I totally agree, but the less "traditional" thing is that it seems just about only the females work!  Fred is too busy sailing to undertake almost anything at all in terms of engagements!
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »

Of course Daisy could change her spouses status, if she thought it warranted it. When Henrik retreated to Caix in a huff last time, he was appeased by the addition of the prefix 'consort' to his name, prior to that he was just plain 'prince', so an extra 'handle', King for example should be within the realms of feasible! Awarding themselves various accolades for services not rendered seems to be part of the royal circus anyway, one more would not make a great deal of difference, but would just confirm their love of cultivating petty, and superficial indulgences!  Crazy

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »

(from an interview in the 70)
In my opinion,the family is most happy if it is the man in charge/control.There are duties in a house that only a woman can handle;childcare,cooking and the like.8-16 jobs are not for women.
-Children are like dogs or horses.With a beating/thrashing,thats how it should be,

Well quite frankly, if he beats the children as well as the dogs I wouldn't let him anywhere near "childcare" and since at least one dog mysteriously disappeared I wouldn't trust this confessed "animal lover" (yummy doggies) with the cooking.  Dead

Also in his opinion a family is most happy if it is him in charge, which might very well be a delusional point of view.
1999-interview with BB on his 65 birthday:
-People have become used to seeing P.Henrik like a puppy that just follows along and gets sugar(maybe a bone?)  now and then.
-Danes do not value/consider my work for Denmark and the diffferent things I am involved as anything special.People have considered me as a zero
Cooking dogs and beating children, not valued? Denmark, how could you? Yikes
In 2002:
After the KUR for diplomats,he said to BT that he felt humiliated and  discarded.This happened when the court put Fred to receive the diplomats presenting their new years greetings to the royal house and the regent couple.
Henrik felt that he could as well have received the diplomats as his wifeīs spouse together with her/their son,since he as a father and husband, was part of the host couple.By allowing the son to take over the function ,Henrik became irrelevant.Something he said had happened on other occassions.

.Henrik:
For many years I have been number 2 in Denmark.It is a role I am very content with,but I will not after so many years see myself degraded to number 3 like a nobody.

Since then, the court has done all it can to indulge Henrik,which means that he now appears right after the queen on the courtīs website and is always placed side by side with QM on official occasions,whilst Fred is in third place.

Well it must be tough cookie to be degraded below 10watt Fred. However, he is the crownprince and thats the first in line to the throne and the throne is all that counts. Snare

Heavens, how discarded will M.le Wannabe roi feel when he is no# (?) 5 ? After his wife's and souvereign's passing and his son's accession to the throne with Mary and the little "a bit of trashing and beating does them good" brats?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 06:41:11 AM »

http://ekstrabladet.dk/fl...ngelige/article290805.ece

Henrik has announced that he has no intention of incarcerating himself in Chateau Cayx in Cahors when/if Daisy chucks her hand in and decides to become a pensioner, and Mosh and Frex take over the oars.

----------------------------------------------------

Quick thinking Henrik, -  there might be rumblings from the masses if he spent to much time down there jogging on his grapes, whilst they foot (!) the bills, - nothing like keeping your options open! Come to think of it, he's pretty much absent without leave now..........normal really, and in keeping with the best traditions of the rest of the DRF, who appear to be setting a new precedent in inactivity!  Crap

lupina

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:08:17 AM by lupina » Logged

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: