Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DRF and a nazi connection.  (Read 5724 times)
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/k...icle.php/id-11333440.html

The DRF loved the top Nazi

The DRF have, until now, objected to Nazism. But, a new book reveals a close and affectionate bond to a leading Nazi.

King Christian X, and his family are revealed in a new research project, as close friends of Christian Frederik Schalburg.

The king had brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, who loved Schalburg, and defended him whilst he talked of racial cleanliness, and fought in Hitler’s elite corps, the Waffen SS on the eastern front during WW2.

“ The DRF until now, have been the symbol of resistance against Nazism, therefore it is surprising that they have had a near friendship with Schalburg, who even today is considered as one of Denmark’s biggest traitors” the historian Mikkel Kirkbæk said, and he has used three years researching the topic.

The ties were so close to Schalburg, that King Christian’s brother Gustav, before the onset of the war, became godfather to Schalburgs son.

Schalburg and his wife went to private parties with the DRF, and in 1935 he was named with the words ‘our beloved’ to Chamberlain.

“The DRF loved Schalburg even though he was a leading member of the Danish Nazi party, and they knew his views".

The historian Claus Bundgård Christensen, says that many considered Schalberg charismatic. During the 1930’s it was not quite so controversial to be a Nazi as it was during the occupation. But the close connection between the DRF and a top Nazi, is surprising he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has not been possible to obtain a comment from the DRF regarding this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...an_Frederik_von_Schalburg
http://henrikc.dk/militar...ehicles/ww2/schalburg.htm

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:32:58 PM »

Anyone surprised? Angry

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »

Anyone surprised? Angry

A bit actually. King Christian was quite openly not very friendly with the German during the occupation so it does surprise me somewhat. There's a novel written by a Danish writer who writes about how the establishment were friendly with the leading Germans and a character very much like Schalburg if I don't remember it totally wrong so in that sense I guess one shouldn't be surprised. Mind you - you have to remember that at this time no one knew 1) very much if anything at all about the persecution and killing of jews and 2) we were living in the shadow of the Soviet Union which I think turned many into somewhat nazi-/German sympathizer.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »

Whatever connections royal families had to the Natzies should be out. This is truly disgusting but somehow I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes and of course no comment from the palace, so It's propably true  Thinking  Thumb down

On the other hand I find It so beautifull that the Danish royal family had a princess with an oriental background and appearance

Wasn't queen Siliva father a member of the natzi party or had connections with them?

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »

Anyone surprised? Angry

A bit actually. King Christian was quite openly not very friendly with the German during the occupation so it does surprise me somewhat. There's a novel written by a Danish writer who writes about how the establishment were friendly with the leading Germans and a character very much like Schalburg if I don't remember it totally wrong so in that sense I guess one shouldn't be surprised. Mind you - you have to remember that at this time no one knew 1) very much if anything at all about the persecution and killing of jews and 2) we were living in the shadow of the Soviet Union which I think turned many into somewhat nazi-/German sympathizer.
That is not true and not possible and I actualy know this topic very closly. Many simple people didn't knew but many did and govrements across Euorpe, the US and even the jews in Palestine knew that there were massive slaughter of jews across Europe. The fact that people say they didn't knew does not makes It true. The camps were on European land near cities. civilian had business and used the people in the camps to make money, soldiers returned home after murdering the people and "working" in the camps, neighbours suddenly dissapeared, trains taking jews to "other places" were working around the clock all over Europe

If people didn't knew how come the Danish resistance saved the jews in Denmark? they knew people were going (and allready were) going to be murdered.
I will remember It forever and forever be greatfull

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

Anyone surprised? Angry

That is not true and not possible and I actualy know this topic very closly. Many simple people didn't knew but many did and govrements across Euorpe, the US and even the jews in Palestine knew that there were massive slaughter of jews across Europe. The fact that people say they didn't knew does not makes It true. The camps were on European land near cities. civilian had business and used the people in the camps to make money, soldiers returned home after murdering the people and "working" in the camps, neighbours suddenly dissapeared, trains taking jews to "other places" were working around the clock all over Europe

If people didn't knew how come the Danish resistance saved the jews in Denmark? they knew people were going (and allready were) going to be murdered.
I will remember It forever and forever be greatfull

I am quite sure that the common Dane would not have known very much about the concentration camps - thus the somewhat large sympathy/at least not very big resistance against the Germans in Denmark. In this context I'm only writing about Denmark. The Danish government sadly worked quite a bit with the German occupation forces sometimes in a degree that's horrible to think abut now but I don't think it has been established how much they actually knew about what was going on in Germany - at least I don't know. Even more sadly Jewish refugees were refused entry into Denmark before the war - a big, black mark on Denmark Thumb down The Danish representative in the US was renounced even though he worked very hard during the war to keep us on the Allied side - securing in fact that Denmark was liberated by the English and not the soviets, thank God. The fact that most of Danish jews were rescued was in fact that one of the German leaders in Denmark felt it would cause trouble among the Danes so he got warnings sent out before the actions. As the war progressed and the outcome looked more and more like the Germans would loose resistance in the public grew - but overall I think we Danes have little to be proud about concerning WW2 - but I honestly don't think that the common Dane would have known much about the concentration camps.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »

I'm not sure about the Danes knowing specifically about the concentration camps but people knew or felt that something very bad is going to happen to the jews that they are going to be killed.
As for Western (southen) countries people knew It and It was literly in their back door
Anyway whatever was the reason most of the the jews were saved and that's all the matter to me at the end

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:46:59 AM »

I know we talk about everything here and I am totally against any kind of censorship. But isn't this just a bit of a touchy subject to bring up?
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 02:18:21 AM »

Perhaps it is in Canada, but in EUrope concentration camps are a fact of life and people are aware they are part of German history. Nothing touchy about it. Can't rewrite history to make 'untouchy' and pretty.
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 05:58:59 AM »

I know we talk about everything here and I am totally against any kind of censorship. But isn't this just a bit of a touchy subject to bring up?

Why do you think that Barrie?

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »

I honestly don't think that the common Dane would have known much about the concentration camps.

That is probably true but we are talking about the DRF here who would have had access to much more information than the average Dane.
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »

I think it has got to do with the royals being opportunistic. Nazi was a big 'empire' at that time and I'm sure was able to overthrow any monarch in Europe. By keeping a close tie with a Nazi sympathizer, I think Christian X wanted to secure his monarchy while observing where the wind of politics would blow.
French

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »

Disgusting.

But I think the example in the Dutch royal House is much worse. Bernhard, he, was really into it, and that's not very far back.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:42:19 AM »

I think it has got to do with the royals being opportunistic. Nazi was a big 'empire' at that time and I'm sure was able to overthrow any monarch in Europe. By keeping a close tie with a Nazi sympathizer, I think Christian X wanted to secure his monarchy while observing where the wind of politics would blow.
It's very likely.
I also think in that time many of high society member in Europe did the same thing. They didn't care of what others going to face (death) as long their position is in secured (it's so disgusting attitude)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:53:14 AM by Galuh » Logged

Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »

Anyone surprised? Angry

Indeed, unlike the verdict on Nazism, the tracks of history are not so black and white.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: