Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Camilla becoming just a little too grand?  (Read 9356 times)
Meed

« on: March 18, 2007, 06:45:55 AM »

Someone getting too big for herr bloomers? Snare

http://www.dailymail.co.u...42802&in_page_id=1879
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »

Thank you for posting this. It is not the first article where her character change since her wedding has been described. I would want to do what she did in the hospital, whether it is private or not, the MSRA and C. Difficile can be picked up anywhere in the hospitals and can ultimately kill you. Sending the shoes by plane is a little too much though.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:30:43 AM »

there is very littlle difference between HRH Cow-Milla (as she is affectionatly known) than our HRH MOSH-pits.
there is their lack of educaiton, lack of finesse, lack of consideration for anyone but themselves, and of course two boy-men for husbands. These luvvly treaits always rise to surface & bloom in rich manure called fawning/pamering/blinkered life.

Thumb down Mariee Antoinette II

Dead

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

I think there's a big difference in terms of their respective hubbies' attitudes.  Can anyone doubt that Ch. is devoted to Camilla?    Snore And now we learn that he spoils her rotten. 

Don't see much in the way of devotion or spoiling from our Fred to our Mary.  He never even looks at her when they're together, while she is always looking for his gaze or the nearest camera's!  He goes away seeking the sun and fun  Beer :-)-(-:and leaves her (7 mths pregnant) to do all the work.   Thumb down
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:39:42 PM »

I wouldn't say that Mosh has a lack of education; she did graduate from college; however, I guess her education/presumed intelligence is not be used to its fullest or even half-way.   Laughing
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:19:12 AM »

No that is true. she does have a BA.
that does go for something.
Cow-Milla does not have that.
never needed to!

that's where their diffrences, to my mind end. other wise they are very similar. sorry. they are both indulged: Frecks indulges MOSH by not paying her ANY attention - she does it to herself; Charles does it to Cow-Milla as he is frightened to be alone, in need of a mummy-figure (as he had all those years) and sure he indulges her as she is the one who controls/controlled the situation from the very begining!

and both couples are very out of touch with reality no matter what they want ME to beleive Thinking

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:08:02 AM »

Well, as I have said before, Mosh does actually have two (undergrad) degrees:  Commerce (Economics) and Law..... I do not see Fred deferring to her the way Ch. defers to Camilla....
MissPeebles

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Soldier Boy - A Hard Day's Fight

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »

The Daily Mail article  - which I missed at the time - is rather interesting. They have a fairly reliable, well-connected source in Richard Kay (who speaks direct to many in the royal circle). In addition, the paper is the arbiter of British attitudes towards the Royal family, as they have a large, mainly middle class and right wing readership. The fact that the Mail are printing negative material about Camilla both reflects and directs an ambivalent attitude towards her.

For my part I can quite believe that Charles has encouraged his wife to be more demanding. He is keenly aware of royal status.  When Princess Diana wanted a more egalitarian upbringing for their boys, he opposed her, saying "They are Princes and should be reared as such."  Despite his own very worthy work with young people from the poorer sectors of our society, he has never been shy of claiming his own privileges. When he injured his arm badly after a polo fall some years ago, much was made of the fact that he was treated as an inpatient at an NHS hospital near Highgrove. However, not only did he occupy several private rooms, but he too took his own chef and mattress, and even a selection of paintings to hang around the walls!

If the Prince has encouraged Camilla to become more grand, he is very foolish. Her modest popularity - frail and hard won - is largely derived from a general perception of her as friendly and down to earth.  She hasn't done a huge amount to help promote this over the past two years, and articles like the one above could therefore be quite damaging.
Summer

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

I believe that Camilla's actions are determined by Charles.  Charles is definitely a mixed bag -some good progressive qualities, some unfortunate reactionary qualities.  Through his charity work, he seems to want to push Britain to become an environmentally friendly and socially just society, but at the same time he wants to retain all his ancient privileges.   Privilege exists for some in every society, but the POW and his wife are not in a position to flaunt it. 
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »

Contrary to what you read on some MB's I don't think Camilla is some sort of saint.

Since her marriage to Charles, there's been a very real shift to portray her as some sort of wronged woman; somebody who has been treated badly by the press through no fault of her own.

However I don't think most people buy it because at the end of that day she had an affair with a married man and cheated on her own family. You can never get away from that and I tthink that's why alot of ordinary people just haven't warmed to her. The articles is merely picking up on that attitude.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »

Here is an article from today :

"Charles 'wants Camilla to be crowned queen'

http://www.telegraph.co.u...amp;CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 06:56:55 PM »

Considering what it would take for Camilla not to be Queen if Charles becomes King, this isn't really news. But Channel 4 seems to be very anti-Charles and Camilla, so I wonder if this programme will be more of the same.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »

unless there is an election on whether camilla not be crowned queen, she would eventually be as it is in their constitution. however, it is very sad that britain would have a queen like her. kate middleton was dissed because of her middleclassness, and a not so classy mum. but if i were a brit, i would gladly have kate as queen (and i don't like how kate carried her life as a doormat to william when they were dating,--- and i don't like how she flashes her private parts now that they are separated), than camilla. she is the epitome of everything classless.
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

...kate...i don't like how she flashes her private parts now that they are separated.

Whoa!!  Wait a minute!  Hold the presses!!  How did I miss this?  When?  Where?  Kate MIDDLETON?  Details, please! 
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »

I think these are the photos they are talking about

http://img148.imageshack..../img148/3528/kate1fa2.jpg

http://img103.imageshack....eavingboujismay172xi4.jpg

http://img520.imageshack....070504set2031186brkq3.jpg
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: