Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Camilla becoming just a little too grand?  (Read 9364 times)
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:07 PM »

Oh...well, from the tone of wear's post, I was expecting something a la Britney Spears or Paris Hilton.  Those Kate photos seem rather tame to me.  I don't know if I'd say she was "flashing her private parts."  Maybe showing some thigh, but nothing worse than that.  I seem to remember photos of Fergie getting into/out of a car which revealed her underwear.  Not a pretty sight. 
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 11:04:18 PM »

There are two aspects of Prince Charles which I find less than endearing. One is his perpetual tone of "poor me, just my luck", where he characterises himself as ill fated, misunderstood and hard done by. The other is the over the top extravagance and domestic pampering, the valet putting the toothpaste on the brush etc. It is a shame that he has led Camilla into this way of life.
It detracts from the valuable hard work that he does. (not so sure about her).
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 01:01:24 AM »

Yes, those are his two Achilles' heels - one for each foot!  I think Cam's 'job" / role / mission is supporting him, keeping him in a good mood, saving him from being his own worst enemy. 

BTW i think she is still convalescing from her hysterectomy. 
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 06:08:09 PM »

Oh...well, from the tone of wear's post, I was expecting something a la Britney Spears or Paris Hilton.  Those Kate photos seem rather tame to me.  I don't know if I'd say she was "flashing her private parts."  Maybe showing some thigh, but nothing worse than that.  I seem to remember photos of Fergie getting into/out of a car which revealed her underwear.  Not a pretty sight. 

i don't know if paris hilton showed her underwear in pictures. i saw britney's picture without undies. but these two women are selling their image in this fashion. unless kate middleton is planning the same thing to become a celebrity, but for now, i still think that it is unbecoming of her, and any woman for that matter, to have her underwear seen in public.

people have different opinions, i respect you for not having a problem with kate's underwear seen in public. mine is just different.

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 06:35:26 PM »

I guess she wants to continue to be in the spotlight as that will probably help her changes of landing a wealthy man . . .
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »

Somebody did actually post photos of Kate doing a Britney over at RB....I didn't look so can't verify one way or the other!

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »

unless there is an election on whether camilla not be crowned queen, she would eventually be as it is in their constitution. however, it is very sad that britain would have a queen like her.

Oh, I dunno. She seems to be having a good effect on Charles and helping get him out of his annoying phase of being a self-pitying whingeing prat into connecting more with reality; in the sense that she's contributing toward a noticeable improvement in Charles, we could do worse for a consort.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

unless there is an election on whether camilla not be crowned queen, she would eventually be as it is in their constitution. however, it is very sad that britain would have a queen like her.

Oh, I dunno. She seems to be having a good effect on Charles and helping get him out of his annoying phase of being a self-pitying whingeing prat into connecting more with reality; in the sense that she's contributing toward a noticeable improvement in Charles, we could do worse for a consort.

i agree with you on how camilla's presence somehow changed charles. but their marriage still remains to be seen since it is very new. if "supportiveness" is the most important quality of a consort, then camilla could very well be good for britain.
Zaria

Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 07:53:58 PM »

I agree with Elspeth. Charles is so much more fun nowadays due to Camilla. I think she deserves some credit for that... Roll Eyes
Elspeth

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 08:29:44 PM »

i agree with you on how camilla's presence somehow changed charles. but their marriage still remains to be seen since it is very new. if "supportiveness" is the most important quality of a consort, then camilla could very well be good for britain.

Well, I don't know about being the most important quality, but I think in Charles's case it's an important one. He does seem to be a very needy person, and the tragedy of his relationship with Diana is that she was also needy and neither of them could meet the need in each other. Camilla seems to be a confident enough person to be able to do that for Charles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: