Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Philips and Autumn Kelly's wedding  (Read 25846 times)
Peggy G.

Micro Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »

Very WAG-ish, if you ask me.  It's something Coleen McLoughlin  and Wayne Rooney would do but Peter and Amber? 

Now I must ask - excuse me, I am ignorant..  Sad This WAG-thing, what does it stand for? I know it is something unpleasant - easy to draw that conclusion - but what does it mean, WAG?
Luna

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2008, 01:05:42 AM »

WAG is a British word used to describe the Wives And Girlfriends of footballers (soccer players).
Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »

Now I must ask - excuse me, I am ignorant..  Sad This WAG-thing, what does it stand for? I know it is something unpleasant - easy to draw that conclusion - but what does it mean, WAG?

WAG stands for Wife And Girlfriend.  The footballer's spouses/girlfriends are all dubbed WAG's.  Victoria Beckham, prior to her husband's move from Manchester United to Real Madrid and then the LA Galaxy, was known as the Queen WAG.  WAG's are typically defined by their huge sunnies, tanned bodies, and ginormous handbags.  Most also choose the route of breast augmentation, as well. 

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

We're not talking about the behaviour of the RF which is a separate issue. These photos are on a par with the sorts of spreads that B-list celebs would indulge in.

Very WAG-ish, if you ask me.  It's something Coleen McLoughlin  and Wayne Rooney would do but Peter and Amber? 
I believe they are doing it this summer!

Oh and a real indicator of people's interest in this royal wedding. Hello paid Autumn and Peter £500,000 for their photos. They are paying Wayne and Colleen £3million!!!!!!

Here's Wiki's definition of WAG-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAGs

It's only been in popular use since the 2006 World Cup. 

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2008, 12:50:23 AM »

I believe they are doing it this summer!

Oh and a real indicator of people's interest in this royal wedding. Hello paid Autumn and Peter 500,000 for their photos. They are paying Wayne and Colleen 3million!!!!!!

3 million???!!!!! Oh my gawd!!!  That's alot of money!

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »

That's the sum that's been publicised!

I believe it's the highest a mag in the UK has ever paid for a wedding.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2008, 11:00:27 AM »

Did we saw this pictures? I don't think so Smiley
http://members.boardhost....sight/msg/1212256196.html

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
MissPeebles

Micro Member

Soldier Boy - A Hard Day's Fight

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

Well, having been absent from the  board for far too long I find myself drawn back into it's web by the sudden spurt of royal stories - nuptial and otherwise.

The Phillips wedding is clearly old news, but please ! The bridesmaid's tan lines! We all know modern bikinis are cut in adventurous ways, but have they never heard of gravy browning and a paint brush? You can fill in the white stripes for a minimum of cost.

And why on earth did Autumn let Andrew Collinge style her hair? He performed the same disservice for Sophie Wessex  on her wedding day, and he clearly has no notion of the demands a tiara make on the coiffeure. A bleached fringe and a side-parting simply do not make the grade. 

My grandmother was apprenticed to a court hairdresser in the 1920's and became known for her ability to set a tiara into the hair. She said that the key was VOLUME, as this helped to support the jewel's framework, leaving the lady less aware of it's presence, and so able to move lightly and with grace. If a client's hair was naturally straight or thin, and she was not prepared to entertain a permanent wave, my grandmother would "finger wave" the hair to give it depth and body. A flat modern fringe, with the hair brushed down across the brow, is the enemy of correct placement. Under no circumstances should the velvet binding be in sight -  this is a major error.  I remember seeing this for the first time on Diana's wedding day, when the beige velvet band was on view to the universe. My grandmother was distraught - she said it was hairdressing equivalent of  someone go out with their knickers showing.

Sadly at the age  of 99 years (and 8 months) she was too frail to comment on Autumn's diadem abuse, but I have no doubt she would have taken an astringent view.
dreamlife

Small Member

Canada Canada

1917 Karelian Birch Egg

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »

They don't style their hair properly not just with tiaras but with hats also. They wear their hair hanging straight down and then slap on any old hat or hair ornament regardless.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »

MissP, it is too too divine to have you back!  Keep posting ... we missed your fabulous input!  (My hair is thin and limp and I ALWAYS had problems keeping a tiara from slipping off my head and ending up around my neck ...  ).  No seriously, I adore your posts!
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »

Did we saw this pictures? I don't think so Smiley
http://members.boardhost....sight/msg/1212256196.html
Thanks for posting Anirac, I haven't seen it before....
Btw I didn't see William in official picture with whole family  Thinking (the 13th picture on that site)

mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »

William didn't attend.  Kate went as his representative.  He was at a friend's wedding in Kenya.  Whistle

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

Thanks Mamaptak Champagne, his friend must be very important person for him then could make him left his cousin wedding back home.

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »

William didn't attend.  Kate went as his representative.  He was at a friend's wedding in Kenya.  Whistle

His ex-girlfriend's brother to be exact.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »

Miss Peebles you have been missed, I love your posts.
Dio, same here, hate it when the tiara slides forward as you bend down ( for ex when i scrub the kitchen floor)

Seriously I thought the hairdo was perfect for Victoria of Sweden. I am sure she'll is all too thrilled to have a royal precedence in sporting a ponytail at  royal wedding.

What is that with the "bride in front of a mirror" ? Gosh, don't those royal photographers have an inch of creativity left?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: