Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is.....  (Read 158543 times)
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: December 04, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »

RD can be a tough place if your favorite is being dished on.

Not just your favorites. If youíre relatively ambivalent toward a royal it can feel like any opinion you have can label you as either a ďsugarĒ or a ďhaterĒ if you donít follow the trend
I agree, it's not really fun when your post or what you were trying to convey becomes a punch line for a particular thread Cool I am not even visiting some of the regular threads I used to post often and see a lot of posters that were regular with somehow balanced POV not posting anymore.Now days I just come and go to look at clothes once in a while.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: December 04, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »

The thing that irritates me the most is when reincarnated people show up on this board again and again.  If someone has been banned, it's always obvious when they create a new account and come back again.  We always know.  Always. Writing styles and themes are like fingerprints-you can't change them.  Plus, I don't know why someone would want to come back to a place where they're not welcome. 

I think that the board works best when people own their own opinions, don't attack others who have a different opinion, don't feel the need to be applauded/seek attention all the time, and don't feel the need to evangelize/convert others to their point of view.  For example, Kate's kind of growing on me but I don't give a toss if anybody else agrees. People can't stand her and that's perfectly okay.  The royals themselves don't know/don't care that we exist.  Meghan isn't going to invite me for tea if I defend her to the death, for example.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: December 04, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.

Iíve lurked for years and finally joined in earlier this summer, but I canít honestly say Iíve found it that enjoyable.  I genuinely neither like nor loathe any royal in particular I find the whole concept fascinating and enjoy chatting about them, I can also have fun dishing on them too.  What I found frustrating was the labelling and also the constant repetition that no matter what you said just made conversation circular and pointless, that went for the positive and the negative. The whole tour was just painful by the end and it kind of killed any desire to continue posting as regularly as I was.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: December 04, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.

Iíve lurked for years and finally joined in earlier this summer, but I canít honestly say Iíve found it that enjoyable.  I genuinely neither like nor loathe any royal in particular I find the whole concept fascinating and enjoy chatting about them, I can also have fun dishing on them too.  What I found frustrating was the labelling and also the constant repetition that no matter what you said just made conversation circular and pointless, that went for the positive and the negative. The whole tour was just painful by the end and it kind of killed any desire to continue posting as regularly as I was.

The circularity comes not from malice or ill-intent, but from the fact that we get limited news on these people.  When there is a lot going on with a particular royal, the convos aren't as circular. People come here regularly looking for news and when there isn't any, things get rehashed. It happens on every single royal board out there. Same with boards devoted to football, celebrities, fashion, etc.

If people don't find the board enjoyable, then why do they keep coming back?  I'm not asking this out of snakiness, I'm genuinely puzzled as to why people hang out on a board they don't enjoy.
jnozak

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: December 04, 2018, 07:58:30 PM »

I've lurked regularly for a long time, and I personally find the board quite enjoyable. I don't have time to post much, but the wealth of pictures on here, and the commentary makes this a daily stop for me. To each his own. Sugar or hater, y'all are hilarious!! ❤
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: December 04, 2018, 08:01:54 PM »

I've lurked regularly for a long time, and I personally find the board quite enjoyable. I don't have time to post much, but the wealth of pictures on here, and the commentary makes this a daily stop for me. To each his own. Sugar or hater, y'all are hilarious!! ❤

Welcome!  Star
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: December 04, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »

The circularity comes not from malice or ill-intent, but from the fact that we get limited news on these people.  When there is a lot going on with a particular royal, the convos aren't as circular. People come here regularly looking for news and when there isn't any, things get rehashed. It happens on every single royal board out there. Same with boards devoted to football, celebrities, fashion, etc.

If people don't find the board enjoyable, then why do they keep coming back?  I'm not asking this out of snakiness, I'm genuinely puzzled as to why people hang out on a board they don't enjoy.

By circular I mean with the snarky comments, itís hard to describe it really,  it just kills conversation when the same thing gets repeated as nauseum as a witty remark.  I.e. the Meg and H being woke thing, I lost count of the amount of times I read that during the tour, itís almost as though sometimes people are just talked over until they give up.

I think people stay for the people they do enjoy interacting with, but why anyone would come back when theyíve been banned is beyond me, I think itís the need to make everyone agree with you and your perception of who you like or donít like.  I honestly havenít found anywhere that is just chat, for some reason these families seem to really inspire extremes of view and such passion.  I kind of get sugars, admiring someone and enjoying them is one thing, I will never understand the haters who spend their time and often money on websites and journals devoted on hating someone and wanting to bring them down.  The same as constantly going into threads for people or couples that someone clearly dislikes, itís their right to, I just donít understand why.

I hoped after so many years of lurking that Iíd got a handle of posters and the flow of the board, but maybe not if Iím finding it so frustrating.  
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: December 04, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »

Ain't that the truth!!! I have for an eternity tried to find someone (anyone!!) who shares my sentiments about certain Danes, but no.. I am all by my lonely selfÖ What can I do? I gulp down a cognac and steer clear of that section...Occasionally I voice a tiny concern and baam I am sentenced to clean the cat-haired and popcorned soiled trunk of the Lesbaru...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: December 04, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

Iíve lurked for years and finally joined in earlier this summer, but I canít honestly say Iíve found it that enjoyable.  I genuinely neither like nor loathe any royal in particular I find the whole concept fascinating and enjoy chatting about them, I can also have fun dishing on them too.  What I found frustrating was the labelling and also the constant repetition that no matter what you said just made conversation circular and pointless, that went for the positive and the negative. The whole tour was just painful by the end and it kind of killed any desire to continue posting as regularly as I was.

The circularity comes not from malice or ill-intent, but from the fact that we get limited news on these people.  When there is a lot going on with a particular royal, the convos aren't as circular. People come here regularly looking for news and when there isn't any, things get rehashed. It happens on every single royal board out there. Same with boards devoted to football, celebrities, fashion, etc.

If people don't find the board enjoyable, then why do they keep coming back?  I'm not asking this out of snakiness, I'm genuinely puzzled as to why people hang out on a board they don't enjoy.

By circular I mean with the snarky comments, itís hard to describe it really,  it just kills conversation when the same thing gets repeated as nauseum as a witty remark.  I.e. the Meg and H being woke thing, I lost count of the amount of times I read that during the tour, itís almost as though sometimes people are just talked over until they give up.

I think people stay for the people they do enjoy interacting with, but why anyone would come back when theyíve been banned is beyond me, I think itís the need to make everyone agree with you and your perception of who you like or donít like.  I honestly havenít found anywhere that is just chat, for some reason these families seem to really inspire extremes of view and such passion.  I kind of get sugars, admiring someone and enjoying them is one thing, I will never understand the haters who spend their time and often money on websites and journals devoted on hating someone and wanting to bring them down.  The same as constantly going into threads for people or couples that someone clearly dislikes, itís their right to, I just donít understand why.

I hoped after so many years of lurking that Iíd got a handle of posters and the flow of the board, but maybe not if Iím finding it so frustrating.  

Every group of people, whether they are on a board, in a comment section, on someone's FB page, etc, have their own "language" and their own unique culture (and I don't mean ethnic/national culture).  It's no different than the way a family verbally communicates with each other at dinner each night.  RD has, since its inception, had nicknames and its own dialogue style.  Calling someone "Mosh" or "Hoefia" or "Imelda" and saying things like "Madame is camara-whoring again",  "look at how woke__________ is" is part of the dialogue flow on this site. Even TRF, which is very sugary, has its own dialogue style that is part of the culture of that board. I sometimes watch British parliament when CSPAN shows it on American TV, and that is the most definitive example of people having their own language and organizational culture. RD and other boards are no different at all.

I'm sorry that you feel like you're being talked over.  I can assure you that is nobody's intent.  But do know that the nicknames, the conversational pattern, etc are all part of the board's culture.  You will see the exact same thing on any other royal board. It's the nature of human communication.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: December 04, 2018, 08:23:24 PM »

Ain't that the truth!!! I have for an eternity tried to find someone (anyone!!) who shares my sentiments about certain Danes, but no.. I am all by my lonely selfÖ What can I do? I gulp down a cognac and steer clear of that section...Occasionally I voice a tiny concern and baam I am sentenced to clean the cat-haired and popcorned soiled trunk of the Lesbaru...

omg fairy lollllll Laugh bounce Star
Just my two cents: RD can be a tough place <period> Even if you have similar outlooks on the same royal there can be a real edge of competitiveness and snarkiness sometimes. I just try to avoid those I feel like to antagonize or don't have friendly feelings and move on. I love RD and all the members, even the ones I don't agree with. I'm really grateful to have a place to go to spend a little time with people from all over the world, who mostly share my point of view on life. That's what it is for me, a sense of community I am missing in the 'real' world. I'm grateful every day that I have this place and the people in it. Hug Beer

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: December 04, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »

I can't recall myself ever being dished upon but I am a pretty boring person so no one would really waste their time. I do though, try to stay neutral.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: December 04, 2018, 08:59:16 PM »

I can't recall myself ever being dished upon but I am a pretty boring person so no one would really waste their time. I do though, try to stay neutral.

Youíre never boring to me Barrie. I always enjoy your posts, personally. I also donít know if the cyclical thing is malicious, certainly not all of the time. Sometimes I join a conversation in solidarity with what Iím reading? I donít intend to make the convo go round and round anyway.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: December 04, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »

Given that the Lesbaru is in regular use, someone has to do the clean up, fairy! And with all that cognac gulped down, you just can't drive, can you?

Pixie is right, there is a certain "board culture" or "flow", and conversation can be repetitive at times.
But once you "know" your "Pappenheimers", so to speak, it's - at least for me - a fun place to be, and this mostly because it's a place to meet people from literally all over the world. Yeah, royals/fashion/jewels are the common interest, but I am just as active in the Off Topic section as I am in the royal sections. And for a reason - I value insights from other countries. I've learned a lot here over the years, I got different perspectives, valuable advice, I've read books I wouldn't have picked up without recommendation from here, have seen movies or TV series I would have missed otherwise. And World news, the good, the bad and the ugly, are sometimes just easier to handle if they are discussed from different angles.
This is why I love RD.

And for the cat ladies, for sure. Did I mention already that I host 3 squirrels in my garden instead of a cat in my house?
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: December 05, 2018, 01:37:37 AM »

Given that the Lesbaru is in regular use, someone has to do the clean up, fairy! And with all that cognac gulped down, you just can't drive, can you?

Pixie is right, there is a certain "board culture" or "flow", and conversation can be repetitive at times.
But once you "know" your "Pappenheimers", so to speak, it's - at least for me - a fun place to be, and this mostly because it's a place to meet people from literally all over the world. Yeah, royals/fashion/jewels are the common interest, but I am just as active in the Off Topic section as I am in the royal sections. And for a reason - I value insights from other countries. I've learned a lot here over the years, I got different perspectives, valuable advice, I've read books I wouldn't have picked up without recommendation from here, have seen movies or TV series I would have missed otherwise. And World news, the good, the bad and the ugly, are sometimes just easier to handle if they are discussed from different angles.
This is why I love RD.

And for the cat ladies, for sure. Did I mention already that I host 3 squirrels in my garden instead of a cat in my house?

Late to this party, but Iíll just chime in I love  all the differing perspectives here. I have also found the overwhelming majority of posters to be reasonable and thoughtful people, and if theyíre not they are swiftly invited to explore other opportunities. 

Good for you, Kaiserin. Squirrels need love too.
jnozak

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: December 05, 2018, 03:50:00 AM »

Welcome!  Star

Thank you, and  Star back at you! I did figure  Star out!  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: