Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is.....  (Read 181537 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: November 30, 2018, 09:11:39 PM »

What Pixiecat said!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: November 30, 2018, 09:15:55 PM »

What Pixiecat said!

Hug Star
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »

Itís a mistake to join RD and expect an echo chamber.  The important thing is to state your opinions.  If someone agrees, great.  If not, great too.  RD was never intended to endorse this opinion or that one.  Have the courage of your convictions:  state your opinion and move on.  If you wait for the applause, you will always be disappointed.

that's exaclty right, Dio  Star

sometimes you have page-long lively discussions with multiple posters if a subject is interesting. And sometimes you may feel like you talk to yourself. Doesn't mean that people don't read the posts, they might just not feel they need to respond then and there. Just post your opinion, observation, etc. and move on.

This is what I love about RD. It flows naturally....well, most of the time.

Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: November 30, 2018, 09:53:25 PM »

I miss Little Star.   Sad  I wish she'd come back.

karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: November 30, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »

I miss Little Star.   Sad  I wish she'd come back.

I thought I saw Little Star pop up a day or two ago Thinking

edit: actually she was active today, but I saw her post in the Meghan's Donation Deficiency thread a week ago (thought it was more recent)

We are made of the love of thousands.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: November 30, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »

I miss Little Star.   Sad  I wish she'd come back.

I thought I saw Little Star pop up a day or two ago Thinking

edit: actually she was active today, but I saw her post in the Meghan's Donation Deficiency thread a week ago (thought it was more recent)

Thanks, KC.   Hug

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: November 30, 2018, 10:07:52 PM »

I miss Little Star.   Sad  I wish she'd come back.

I think she's still logging in daily.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: November 30, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »

RD can be a tough place if your favorite is being dished on.

Just ask Jonathan  Grin
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: November 30, 2018, 11:34:19 PM »

It’s a mistake to join RD and expect an echo chamber.  The important thing is to state your opinions.  If someone agrees, great.  If not, great too.  RD was never intended to endorse this opinion or that one.  Have the courage of your convictions:  state your opinion and move on.  If you wait for the applause, you will always be disappointed.

This.  Star

I'm ambivalent toward a few royals (Letizia, Kate, Mathilde, Mette-Marit) and I've never felt like I've been labeled a sugar or hater, so I'm surprised to see someone mentioning that. 

I've also always felt it best to just own your opinions.  If you like someone who isn't popular, own it.  If you dislike someone who is popular, own it.  It's all in how you post it.  It's when you attack others who feel differently or want applause that the problems start, IMO. 

I've also found it tragic that board friendships have seemed to end simply because someone felt differently about a royal.  That has happened here and elsewhere and it's completely stupid. These royals don't know we exist, and they don't care that we exist. None of them are worth defending to the death or fighting over

Star

Exactly. They are fun to dish on, and some of them are truly admirable, but I’m not crossing the Rubicon for any of them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:01:27 AM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: December 01, 2018, 12:29:13 AM »

I've also always felt it best to just own your opinions.  If you like someone who isn't popular, own it.  If you dislike someone who is popular, own it.  It's all in how you post it.  It's when you attack others who feel differently or want applause that the problems start, IMO.  

I've also found it tragic that board friendships have seemed to end simply because someone felt differently about a royal.  That has happened here and elsewhere and it's completely stupid. These royals don't know we exist, and they don't care that we exist. None of them are worth defending to the death or fighting over.  
Star
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #910 on: December 02, 2018, 04:49:57 PM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: December 02, 2018, 05:11:52 PM »

Just ask Jonathan  Grin

Jumping 

And me and Mary Hug

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: December 03, 2018, 03:14:24 AM »

Just ask Jonathan  Grin

Jumping 

And me and Mary Hug

Star  Star

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: December 04, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.

This is how I feel and I think it's just been slooowly happening and maybe the Meghan thing accelerated it. Sections of the board have become total hate places where even if you have a criticism that's not harsh, or too harsh, you get jumped on depending on the royal which doesn't make posting fun. I like to discuss and I've learned SO much and made great friends here. It would be a shame if we kept allowing it to happen. RD has in some ways become an echo chamber, if you ask me. If you like Mary or Meghan you should feel welcome to say that, not get jumped on for even offering a more moderate comment that isn't sugary (using those two as an example). I know I've been guilty of it so I've tried to be more even handed though there are some royals I genuinely cannot freaking stand (SOFIA)... We should all be friends here who respect one another, and I know even though I've had tussles with other RDers I still like everybody!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: December 04, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »

Lovely RD'ers: I am just a vicarious lurker for now, simply all talked out. When I want to comment, I have a deja-vu moment:  I have thought and posted the very thing before: Nerves

"Consistency be thy name, Alas, like a broken record thou soundeth"

Thank you for the belly-laughs and cheeky insights Champagne Star Star Star

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: