Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is.....  (Read 161629 times)
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: December 06, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »

I think that the board works best when people own their own opinions, don't attack others who have a different opinion, don't feel the need to be applauded/seek attention all the time, and don't feel the need to evangelize/convert others to their point of view.  For example, Kate's kind of growing on me but I don't give a toss if anybody else agrees. People can't stand her and that's perfectly okay.  The royals themselves don't know/don't care that we exist.  Meghan isn't going to invite me for tea if I defend her to the death, for example.

Star

I want to add that RD has a bit of a reputation whether or not we all agree with it, it is what it is.  However, if you're aware of the reputation and you don't agree with it, why come to post here?

I wish there was a way to have people understand that this is just supposed to be fun and even though we all have differing opinions on royals, at the end of the day, this is just an internet board; not life or death.  For example, I like Kate, I always have.  Yet, she is by far one of the most hated/disliked royals on this board.  I go to the Kate threads mainly to look at the pictures of her engagements and not even bother with the commentary because I know it will always be negative.  That's just how this particular section of the board is and I understand that.  I don't engage with all the negativity because again, this is just an internet board and in all honestly...it's not that serious.  I don't particularly feel like it's my responsibility to make anyone like Kate nor explain why I do.  However, I love the fact that there are people here that don't like her so that I am able to see the other side of things and that's helpful because it's shown me bad qualities like all of the similar clothes in similar colors.

That said, I know I've been discussed by certain people, in certain forums. I have DM'ed certain individuals to smooth things over and never heard back.  I've had people tell me not to respond to other posters because I rub them the wrong way.  You can't make everyone happy but after hearing that, I have tried to moderate my posts to make the posting experience more enjoyable because again, at the end of the day, it's not that serious.
Wardrobe mistress

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: December 16, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »

I am so grateful for this site.

I live the format and it is my go to place for news and entertainment.

After grueling days at work I come here to unwind and enjoy all the posters.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: December 17, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »

I still miss Kiki LeShrewd  Sad

Currently visualizing my highest self
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: December 17, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »

Me too. Do we know where she went ?
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: December 17, 2018, 07:55:48 PM »

I still miss Kiki LeShrewd  Sad
Me too. Do we know where she went ?

I believe she ended her account.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: December 18, 2018, 12:26:28 AM »

She did delete her account, itís been a couple of years already
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: December 18, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »

She did delete her account, itís been a couple of years already

I know but she did make me laugh my socks off. Because she deleted, all her great photos and comments disappeared too. When I'm lurking during a lunch hour I sometimes revisit favourite threads (Charles and Camilla in DK, William during his work shy high points, anything to do with Linus's fashion choices) and the red xs jump out.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: December 18, 2018, 12:55:00 PM »

I feel you, FC. Sheís a poster I miss as well.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: December 21, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.

star:

I don't post here anymore because of the BRF section. It is a hatefilled cesspit and it is quite clear that anyone who isn't 100% on board with the vitriol is not welcome and is mocked, usually passive aggressively. Add in the casual xenophobia and and as an ethnic minority Brit I think it is quite clear I'm not welcome.

The final straw for me were the comments posted by a number of people which were seemingly making excuses for the recent reports following the neo-nazi arrests. I reported them to Maria as i thought they reflected badly on the board and she responded and said nobody else had reported them. That speaks volumes.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: December 21, 2018, 09:09:43 PM »

Going by the number of reports itís gotten worse and I personally find RD a less pleasant and roomy place than it used to be. Not just because of Meghan entering the scene so to speak, itís been a long way coming. Itís entirely possible to be neutral or negative about a royal and not feel welcome in the hate party certain sections have turned into. Gaslighting posters who say this does not help either. So they leave and I canít say I blame them.

star:

I don't post here anymore because of the BRF section. It is a hatefilled cesspit and it is quite clear that anyone who isn't 100% on board with the vitriol is not welcome and is mocked, usually passive aggressively. Add in the casual xenophobia and and as an ethnic minority Brit I think it is quite clear I'm not welcome.

The final straw for me were the comments posted by a number of people which were seemingly making excuses for the recent reports following the neo-nazi arrests. I reported them to Maria as i thought they reflected badly on the board and she responded and said nobody else had reported them. That speaks volumes.

I'm really sad to hear that, I loved your posts!  If it's any consolation, if I had seen posts like that I would have reported them too, so you're not alone.  Hug
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: December 21, 2018, 09:42:22 PM »

star:

Personally, I didn't see these comments in question.  In fact, I didn't see them at all until I entered "Neo Nazi' into the search feature after reading this post. It's not fair to paint the entire board as complicit in racism when that is absolutely not the case.  One of the comments was written by a person of color whose first language is not English.  It's possible that something may have been lost in translation?
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: December 21, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »

Can somebody please tell me where these are? I'm assuming somewhere in the H&M threads, but I don't look at them every day.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: December 21, 2018, 10:35:04 PM »

Can somebody please tell me where these are? I'm assuming somewhere in the H&M threads, but I don't look at them every day.

https://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=16191.660

I had to do a search like Pixie did. I was heartened to read all the posts condemning the article’s subject.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: December 21, 2018, 10:44:35 PM »

Star^ Thanks, "Karen W" I'll take a look.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: December 21, 2018, 10:47:54 PM »

I as well as many people completely, uncategorically condemned that story. I will reiterate now that I am as disgusted by any threats like that today as I was when I learned of that.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: