Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Koh-i-noor Diamond  (Read 4232 times)
Vava

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:23:41 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ndia-final-day-visit.html

What are your opinions on this?
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:19 AM »

Well, I know nothing is forever and all things will eventually cease to exist but... IMO if we start giving everything "back" to where it is supposedly from (I'm thinking of museum items as well), even if the people who made it/owned it do not even exist as a group or a culture anymore, we can pretty much say goodbye to all those items and ever seeing them again. It's very nice to be politically correct and all but I just think at times it is silly.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:10:48 AM »

Who knows, maybe it's already been replaced with paste.
gildinwen

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:20:23 AM »

I'm British but both my parents are Indian. I think it should stay in the crown. Not only would it set a precedent  for returning everything to the countries of their origin but there's also the matter of whom it should go to. Some say it came from the northern kingdoms adjacent to Afghanistan, ( I'm counting Pakistan and India as for the sake of convenience) Some say it comes from Hyderabad...so where does it go?
Dangereuse

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »

The Beau Sancy was sold at auction in May, 2012 for 9.57 million USD.  On a per carat cost, the Koh-i-noor should cost about 30 million USD.  Richard Branson or Lakshmi Mittal can cut India a check in lieu of paying UK taxes.  Smiley 
just me
Banned
Big Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »

I don't really care for this diamond, it's in the past and should stay there. What I absolutely hated about this trip is ass hole David saying how good colonisation was and that stupid article on dm saying that how any country including America will not be where they are if it weren't f for England and how much good they did in. India and that good outweighs the bad. I guess I was taught a completely different history all my life. Fdm is racist along with it's readers and they should stop telling us that we should be grateful that they forcefully ruled over us.
gildinwen

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »

JUST ME when did he say that?Huh? O_O
just me
Banned
Big Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »

JUST ME when did he say that?Huh? O_O
He said we should not ignore and recognise all the great things colonisation achieved in India. Dm wrote a whole article crediting England for doing all the good things in India and every other country they ruled over and guess what the to p rated comments were saying how much England should be proud of colonisation.  This kind of attitude is the reason I moved back home, brits need to get off their high horse and stop thinking they are special because of their cruel past. Racial superiority is well and alive in England,dm is an evidence of this.
gildinwen

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »

On the one hand it's the daily mail on the other Blink
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »

I don't really care for this diamond, it's in the past and should stay there. What I absolutely hated about this trip is ass hole David saying how good colonisation was and that stupid article on dm saying that how any country including America will not be where they are if it weren't f for England and how much good they did in. India and that good outweighs the bad. I guess I was taught a completely different history all my life. Fdm is racist along with it's readers and they should stop telling us that we should be grateful that they forcefully ruled over us.

Oh dear... What about all of us up here in Nordic countries? Do we "owe" something to England (or any other country for that matter)? Old guys with opinions like that are just so... well, annoying.

It doesn't really matter to me where that big whopper of a diamond is. I would be just as happy if it was on a maharajas turban.

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 12:16:35 AM »

Is the Koh-i-noor Diamond a cursed diamond?     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOD6qGirtqM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: