Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palace was a bleak house, says Sarah  (Read 5750 times)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:38:18 PM »

I think this is an interesting news of the Duchesse

http://www.guardian.co.uk.../story/0,,2047633,00.html

"Life inside Buckingham Palace was bleak and undermining, with new royal family members left alone and unsupported, according to a revealing interview with Sarah Ferguson to be broadcast this week".

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »

I think all these young woman, who are inevitably acclaimed as a 'breath of fresh air', let flattery go to their heads and they think that they are going to change traditions and dynasties that are centuries old.

What they don't understand is that the heads of the dynasties will always out the dynasty first...if they had not mastered these survival tactics, they would not still be there today!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:43:27 AM »

Yup! its called bureacracy!!!
It always wins.
always gets its own way.
always survives...

Just ask CP of Japan... (now there is an ugly control by bureacracy Cry   )

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pippin

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:34 AM »

What they don't understand is that the heads of the dynasties will always out the dynasty first...if they had not mastered these survival tactics, they would not still be there today! - Quote

Hi Macaw

Does this imply we can expect to witness more "Spring Cleaning" of some prominent European Royal Houses in the near future ?

PIPPIN
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:26:30 AM by Pippin » Logged
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:08:47 AM »

Actually, this is a good question.

In my circle there have been lots of marriage break-ups yesterday.

Ten years from now, let alone 20, 30, who knows who'll still be married and be there? 

Surely there will be some divorces at least from the current crop.  Mathilde and her hubby IMO are the least likely to divorce.  He surely would never find anyone else and she is too dutiful. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »

Of course there will be more divorces.
And I wouldn't be so sure about Mathilde and Philippe, Mac, after all, you know what they say about still waters and Mathilde IMO is such a still water.
I can almost picture a passionate affair of hers  Blush just as much as I can imagine him having an affair with (in earlier times it would have been a scandalous ballet-dancer Wink)somebody "unsuitable", would Mathilde turn a blind eye at that?

Anyway, I think it certainly is the enthusiastic and overwhelming press the young ladies receive. It is likely bound to go to your head to read and hear that you are the best thing for this country since sliced bread.
And give me one princess who wasn't hailed as the new Miss "kissed by a fairy godmother".
They are all called: the breeze of fresh air, the modern face of a ancient monarchy. The press urges them (and cajoles)into saying foolish things such as: " I would like to bring in my experience as..." " I will certainly bring up my children...." and with that everybody forgets that ultimately what people want is a royal family that is indeed different from our everyday Mr. and Mrs. Jones and that the royal courst is usually the size of a huge company.
You don't join GM as a junior manager and suggest that instead of building cars, GM could make lipsticks......
(Well you can, but you will make yourself rather foolish Blink, and apparently some royal newcomers did the equivalent.... Whistle)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:09:31 PM »

I think all these young woman, who are inevitably acclaimed as a 'breath of fresh air', let flattery go to their heads and they think that they are going to change traditions and dynasties that are centuries old.

Sound like anyone we know? Whistle

One of the worst things to happen to the DRF in recent times was putting Mosh on a pedestal. Her head is so swelled it's not wonder her nose is always in the air!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »

[One of the worst things to happen to the DRF in recent times was putting Mosh on a pedestal. Her head is so swelled it's not wonder her nose is always in the air!
Now that swelling is most visible in her lower lip, though all of you accuse her of using injections Whistle Laugh bounce

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: