Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schackenborg -  (Read 18408 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »

Joachim seems to be very articulate in Danish, French,English.  I read (who knows where) he also speaks German, and some Swedish & Norwegian, but had trouble with Spanish.
Can't he also speak Chinese Huh??  Learning Chinese when he lived on Hong Kong & of course he and Alex spoke it together a little.
tcty

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »

But Alex herself doesn't speak Chinese.  She had all western education in HK no Chinese education at all.  I think Henri might speak better Chinese.
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »

Probabaly from the closest Chinese restaurant menu 

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 03:04:52 AM »

Joachim seems to be very articulate in Danish, French,English.  I read (who knows where) he also speaks German, and some Swedish & Norwegian, but had trouble with Spanish.
Can't he also speak Chinese Huh??  Learning Chinese when he lived on Hong Kong & of course he and Alex spoke it together a little.

Joachim is ARTICULATE...its unfortunate that he was born #2!

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »

Joachim is ARTICULATE...its unfortunate that he was born #2!

G

He also seams to be more of a connoisseur of Denmarks rich history, and a better work ethic (although just about everyone has a better work ethic than Fred....but Joachim seems to enjoy his patronages
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 07:10:30 PM »

Does anyone have any pictures (or better yet video) of any Christmas decorations at Schackenborg
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:07 AM »

I think Christmas time in Denmark must be woooonderful
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »

I know Schackenbord has some 25,000 acres, he has beef cattle, and grows potatos..................what other crops are grown ??
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »

Berlinske has a photo gallerie of Schackenborg's past 20 years

Originally called Møgeltønderhus (Møgeltønder House) the former stronghold on the site was the property of the Roman Catholic
bishops of Ribe.

It served as protection against the Frisians in the south, and guarded the waterway that joined Vidå to Tønder.

During the Reformation in Denmark the mansion was confiscated from the Church by the Danish crown.

Count Hans von Schack, a Schleswig nobleman and soldier was given Møgeltønderhus as a token of King Frederick III of
Denmark's gratitude for his military achievements in the Northern Wars. Von Schack demolished most of the mansion in 1661
due to its bad condition, building the more impressive, baroque style "Schackenborg Castle".

In 1680 a street was laid out from the manor house, leading toward the local church. For eleven generations the Castle
belonged to the von Schack dynasty before reverting to the Danish Royal Family again in 1978.

Schackenborg and the extensive estate was transferred to Prince Joachim, the younger son of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.
In 1995 it was announced that Prince Joachim and then-Princess Alexandra would finally be moving into the residence. For
their wedding a national collection was made, known as the "Nation's Gift". Several million Danish kroner were raised. Prince
Joachim announced that the money would be spent on a restoration programme for the castle.

The castle and the surrounding park are not open to the general public, however guided tours of the gardens are sometimes
available during the summer.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »

Great article  Star , lovely house and grounds.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »

The Schack is so beautiful.   I would hands down rather live there than the strange Led Zeppelin palace that Fred and Mary have destroyed. Even in pictures Schackenborg gives off a cozy, homey feel. Its large but not overwhelming and cold.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »

Thank you, PeDe.  Thumb up

It would be interesting to see the floor plan of the original Mogeltonder House when it was owned by the Roman Catholic Bishops of Ribe.
I wonder which part of the, now, Schackenborg Castle were also part of the older establishment?

Do you think that the fact that Joachim knew that he would receive Schackenborg when he was older influence his interest in agriculture?

It is an attractive property.  I love the grounds - not too big but lush enough to offer solitude.
I also love the ceilings of the church.  
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »

Thanks for the photos, Peeds Thumb up Star  I think "The Schack" might be my favorite royal residence
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »

Thanks for the photos, Peeds Thumb up Star  I think "The Schack" might be my favorite royal residence

Mine too!  Thanks Peeds. Star 

I love the pic of Alexandra with her head on the couch.  I miss the old Alexandra. 
jusaca

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »

Well ...  here's a fascinating piece of rubbish     Jokke uses the same dbrand of dog lead as I do.  Get excited, everyone !!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: