Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie vs. Mary  (Read 333533 times)
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: January 17, 2018, 11:41:57 PM »

Who is this girl?

Isn't she Katja Storkholm? Allegedly she was THE ONE, but because she was Danish and a model, when Frederik wanted to marry her, Marge didn't let him. To be honest, I never quite got the thinking behind that idea that ALL Danish royals should marry foreigners.

She was and still is stunning!
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:14 PM »

ITA Katja is stunning and a natural beauty. She seems like a lovely person. Iím sure she was hurt at the time but I think she probably ended up with a much happier life not being married to weak-willed Fred. He and Mary deserve each other.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: January 17, 2018, 11:51:16 PM »

He should have pushed the way Felipe pushed for Letizia.  I think Marge would have appreciated his strong will and probably relented.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: January 18, 2018, 12:00:54 AM »

I can not fathom this: why did Fred have to marry Mary if having known happiness and love he would have to settle for so much less? Fred does not seem to be the  stuff martyrs are made - he is too self-indulgent for that Confused

IMHO he really was in love with Mosh - or rather the role she was playing for him....She showed her true colours afterwards...

Star

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: January 18, 2018, 03:27:14 AM »

He should have pushed the way Felipe pushed for Letizia.  I think Marge would have appreciated his strong will and probably relented.

EA  Star

G Thumb up

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: January 19, 2018, 08:49:51 PM »

Look how happy Fred was with Katja! Wow. A different man. Sad he didn't push to marry her but I assume he is too weak and afraid of his mother. What an idiotic so-called rule, though.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:14 PM »

I founded this about Katja, Fred and Mary, itís a little old but interesting
http://danishroyalmediawa...ja-storkholm-you.html?m=1

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: January 20, 2018, 12:04:06 AM »

Can someone explain the logic behind not being allowed to marry a Danish person in the Danish Royal Family? I've read that is the rule, but it still makes no sense. Maybe when Daisy dies, Fred will divorce Mary and marry Katja? He would be free to do it at that point, right? It sounds like the Danish population liked her and Fred grew and was his best self with her.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: January 20, 2018, 03:58:22 AM »

Can someone explain the logic behind not being allowed to marry a Danish person in the Danish Royal Family? I've read that is the rule, but it still makes no sense. Maybe when Daisy dies, Fred will divorce Mary and marry Katja? He would be free to do it at that point, right? It sounds like the Danish population liked her and Fred grew and was his best self with her.
Normally a healthy injection of foreign genes would avoid weakening the lineage. But Daisy didnít know about the Boganson genes!
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: January 20, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »

Itís not a rule as much as itís something thatís preferred. In any case, itís something that only made sense before the internet.

The point was to avoid magazines filled with in-laws, exes, silly mistakes made when younger and all that jazz. A Donaldson situation in Denmark or like MMís dad in Norway.

I think itís one of those ideas where the intention was ok but the execution of it was bad.

None of Frederikís exes were trashy like Mosh.

EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: January 21, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »

I can not fathom this: why did Fred have to marry Mary if having known happiness and love he would have to settle for so much less? Fred does not seem to be the  stuff martyrs are made - he is too self-indulgent for that Confused
IMHO he really was in love with Mosh - or rather the role she was playing for him....She showed her true colours afterwards...

I agree with this.

She presented herself as a sporty, down-to-earth and and fun-loving woman and Frodo loved that.

Then once the wedding ring was on her finger, she didn't have to keep the act up anymore. You saw it in her attitude on her wedding day when she was talking down to her bridesmaids outside the church.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: January 21, 2018, 12:12:28 PM »

Mary was also in the right place at the right time in 2003.
Because Joachim and Alexandra had decided to divorce and Frederik the heir was still not married. The family 'needed' a happy event at that time. Mary was then Fred's girlfriend and she was not from Denmark with no skeletons in her closet : she fulfilled the criteria for being Fred's bride.
So: engagement announced, wedding and four months later J & A divorced. But now there was a new princess to take over Alexandra's part.

Mary was lucky for sure. But is she the love of Fred's life ? No way.
Or if she is, he has a weird manner to show her.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: January 21, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »

In addition to that, you have Marge who prided herself on not being internet-savvy.  I could easily see her telling her courtiers that Mosh is probably just fine and that there's no need to do any background investigation since she was from the other side of the world. I would imagine that they probably looked to see if she had a criminal record or a career that involved taking nude/lingerie photos and when they found nothing, Marge probably thought that was sufficient.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: January 21, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »

It a ridiculous rule anyway. I would argue that it made sense in the very past when royal families were powerful and wanted to create alliances but it definitely doesn't make sense now in the age of the internet.

After the 30s and with the way communication was spreading, there would always be a possibility that embarrassing stories about royal spouses would be printed. The press, then, would be more discreet but then if we go back two generations, the Danish royals always chose their spouses carefully!
Ingrid was Swedish BUT she was a princess so of course there would be no embarrassing stories about her, Henrik was French and from a good family albeit social climbers, late Richard was German and from a noble family, yet that didn't stop the press writing all about his family's Nazi connections and Constantine is Greek and he is/was a royal. The only mavericks from that generation are, Harald, who insisted on marrying Sonja who came from a working-class family, and Beatrix, who married Claus, despite all the overwhelming evidence of Nazi connections and participation in the Nazi regime, even though he didn't believe in it and had to be member of the youth organisations since he was a young German man. All the other royal spouses of that generation who became queens were either royal themselves (Sofia), from nobility (Fabiola and Paola) or were commoners, but came from money (Silvia and Marie-Therese).

It has only been for Frederik and Joachim's generation that they should worry about salacious stories of past boyfriends, gossip etc, and that's inevitable because of the internet and the countless of tabloids around the world. Of course, Joachim, both times made wise choices in whom to marry, and there weren't any stories about embarrassing relatives friends and boyfriends of Alexandra or Marie (I think), but we all got to enjoy the leeches that are John Donaldson and Amber Petty. Mary's siblings have at least been a bit more dignified.

If it were Katja's lingerie modelling pictures that were an additional problem, all I have to say is that in the recent years we have seen more of Mary than we ever hoped to see! At least, if Fred had stood his ground, he would have been much happier and the Danes would have a lovely Crown Princess who spoke fluent Danish and was interest in conservation and art and not just in fashion and botox!
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: January 21, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

Curious ... Lingerie vs. Bikini   Thinking

Katja

Mary (during Patricia's wedding)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: