Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal height  (Read 33386 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »

Lucy it looks as though Leti is indeed 5'4 - she is wearing heels at least 2" higher, and I'm afraid her companion will have shrunk an inch with age by now!

Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

I would put Charlene at around 5'11".

anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »

Not sure, just a guess:

Beatrix: 1,62m (5''3) (She is so small, but the tallest of the four sisters )
Claus: 1,82m  (5''9)
Willem-Alexander: 1,94m (6''3)
Maxima: 1,78m (5''8 )
Johan Friso: 1,80m (5''9)
Mabel: 1,69m (5''5)
Constantijn: 1,81m (5''9)
Laurentien: 1,71m (5''6)

Almost all heights are just a guess. The only hieights I really know are the ones of Beatrix, Alexander and Maxima. The others are guessd based of pics.
And I also hope that a transformed the meters in inch right  Smiley

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »

Was the late Prince Claus relatively short for a man? He didn't look much taller than his wife. I wonder where Prince W-A gets his height from? Was Prince Bernhard tall?
anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:55 AM »

Although she is standing in front of him, but here you can see that there is a "huge" diffrence. And I guess she wears some sorts of pumps at the pic too. I think you get the impression that he was not that tall, because in the last years he didn't walked with a straight back. And she alwyas tries to conceal that she is not very high. Since she had the knee surgery she is wearing higher pumps again. Not every time, but more then before when she had trouble with her knee. And not bad for a lady in her age and with her (to say it with fairy's words Wink ) waistline. My granny is younger then her and cannot wear them every day like Beatrix does.

But as I said the height of Claus is just my guess, but I think he was taller then at least Friso if you look at family photos.
And at the group picture of their wedding it don't looks like that Bernhard was much taller then Claus.
http://i180.photobucket.c...trix%20and%20Claus/CB.jpg
So I don't know why Alex is so much taller then the rest of all, because if you compare him to the other CPs he is the second tallest after the giant  Grin Felipe

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 05:20:15 AM »

Thank you anirac.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 09:11:28 AM »

I think Bernhard was also a rather tall man. You certainly have to put that is in his generational context. The average height has increased quite a bit in the last few generations, so a man born in the mid twenties like Claus would have been among the taller of his peers (mind of course not a giant)
For ex the very tall Dutchmen stood about 5'7" tall at around WWII (Americans were taller by some inches) today while the American have stood their ground and not grown taller (just fatter) the Dutch people have grown to an average of 6'1".
So you see that Claus height is compared to his generation on the taller side as is his sons height, both however are(were) not towering above their contemporaries.
Beatrix however is very small for her generation and it is interesting that her sons are of average or even above average height, considering that
a) the height of the children is said to be linked to the mother, rather than the fathers size
b) most often the first born of same sex children is not the tallest but indeed the shortest.
Which actually makes me wonder if weighing in these facts, Trix and Claus didn't order some Vitaboost to be put into little WAs morning cocoa..... Wink

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 12:30:16 PM »

I would put Charlene at around 5'11".
Thanks Michelle

Quote from:
Although she is standing in front of him, but here you can see that there is a "huge" diffrence. And I guess she wears some sorts of pumps at the pic too.
and she is also wearing her helmet hairdo Wink.

Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »

From Bunte 5/2009

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 08:22:03 PM »

For sure Letizia is not 159cm, neither is Sofia 176cm. Letizia is about the same height as Victoria.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »

I think that Maxima is taller than the 178cm (5'8") they said. After all in todays world that is not that tall and Maxima indeed towers over most people: men and women, dutch and others. So even considering that she likes heels that easily add 6-7 cm (2-3"), I would think that she stands at least 180 (5'9") barefoot, if not a couple of cm more...
As to QEII: quite likely, but I would imagine that she has shrunk just a bit. Many people tend to loose a couple of inches when they are getting older, and QEII has reached her eighties.
As to Sofia, seriously no, I would not imagine she is that much taller than Letizia, however she doesn't wear such high heels and Letizias Minnie Mousers probably add a foot and a half... Wink
They didn't give any estimates for WA  Thinking but I would imagine he is in Filippes range. And Albert is IMo much taller than 183cm (6')  if only to make swimmer Charlene taller than only 178cm (5'8")....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

As to Sofia, seriously no, I would not imagine she is that much taller than Letizia, however she doesn't wear such high heels and Letizias Minnie Mousers probably add a foot and a half... Wink

Sofia usually wears high heels too, at least 3 inches mostly. My mom saw Sofia a couple of times, She was around 5-7, about 1-2 inches taller than Rania, Victoria or Letizia.
Iloveappels

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

I don't think Letizia is really that short. The only reason IMO she appears to be is because Felipe is so incredibly tall. Most people that would stand right next to him would appear short even if they would wear Letizia-Shoes.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

BUt the Minnie Mousers are real stilts.... Thinking

Mary's life motto:
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »

BUt the Minnie Mousers are real stilts.... Thinking

They are about the same as louboutin. The double platforms she wore at night a few times were the outrangeous ones, that made her almost as tall as Elena who had her normal 4-inch heels  Wink.

Mom-in-law has more fashionable shoes  Champagne.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:24:22 PM by dKaren » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: