Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal height  (Read 26795 times)
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »

Ah, Letizia's height . . . I love discussing useless stuff like this.

Theories are all very well, ladies, but what we need is evidence. I propose that Dishers take a field trip to Madrid en masse; locate Letizia at some public event; mob her, get the girl's shoes off, and mark her height against the nearest wall with a pencil. Downside to this approach: spending the next 10 years in a Spanish dungeon.

Or we could take the more civilized route and write and ask her. Not as much fun, though. Even assuming she tells us. But at least no dungeon.

Are we up for it!!?? Inquiring minds need to know these things!  
Indeed. PPL need to know these things. Let's hop on the plane.

On another note. Funny that Nell Gwynne made it into the British royals chart.  
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

according to this site, charlene is 177 cm (5'10")
http://www.sports-referen...charlene-wittstock-1.html
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »

according to this site, charlene is 177 cm (5'10")
http://www.sports-referen...charlene-wittstock-1.html

That sounds right to me.

I reread the whole thread today, and my final thought on the height of the Spanish royal ladies is Sofia 5'8" (173 cm), Letizia 5'6" (168 cm).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »

I am with you DowntownTO, writing would of course safe us from the dungeon, but she will never confess her true weight. We need that as well!!!!! So I see no other alternative than to corner her and measure and weigh her. Does anybody own a portable letter scale we could borough?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Columbo

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »

The recent wedding has sparked my interest in the heights of the Lux royals.

I googled Grand Duke Henri and he is said to be the same height as Prince Charles, 5'10". The rest are my estimates:

Henri: 5'10" (178 cm)
MT: 5'2" (158 cm)
Guillaume: 5'7" (170 cm)
Stephanie: 5'4"-5'5" (163-165 cm)
Felix: 5'10"  (178 cm)
Louis: 5'8" (173 cm)
Tessy 5'6" (168 cm)
Alexandra 5'4" (162 cm)
Sebastien 5'9" (175 cm)

They may be shorter, who knows. Height is generally overreported/overestimated in royals and celebrities, especially those that are on the small side. (I am petite myself and have been known to add an inch to my height when I can get away with it  )
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »

I agree that height is generally overestimated in the case of famous people. I for one have never believed that Queen Elizabeth II was 5'4" as a young woman. I think 5'2" far more likely.
BellaBallerina

Mini Member

Dare to dream

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:20 AM »

There is no way Kate is 5'10". If William is 6'2" she has to be around 5'8". Look how much shorter she is than him in this pic and her boots have heels.

I agree, my boyfriend is 6'2 and I'm 5'8 and our height is similar to the difference of Wills and Kate's when I wear heels (depending on the height of the shoe).

However, someone else pointed out on tumblr during the Olympics that she may even be shorter than that after being pictured along with athletes while wearing her sneakers.

Bella

"Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be." - Clementine Paddleford
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:48 AM »

I agree that height is generally overestimated in the case of famous people. I for one have never believed that Queen Elizabeth II was 5'4" as a young woman. I think 5'2" far more likely.

ITA, TO.  Star I've seen QEII's height recorded as anywhere from 5'2" to 5'5" (yeah, right). IMO, the lowest number in a height range is probably closest to the truth. Sort of like when you see people on TV, they look grand and larger-than-life. Then you meet them in real life and, well, they're just as ordinary as anyone.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 04:57:23 AM »

ITA, TO.  Star I've seen QEII's height recorded as anywhere from 5'2" to 5'5" (yeah, right). IMO, the lowest number in a height range is probably closest to the truth. Sort of like when you see people on TV, they look grand and larger-than-life. Then you meet them in real life and, well, they're just as ordinary as anyone.

Thanks, Columbo, and one for you  Star . I think I should have said "high-status" people rather than "famous" people: it seems to be status that skews the perceptions. I think some research has been done on this.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »

People also do shrink when they age...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »

People also do shrink when they age...

Indeed. My guess is that QEII is about 5'0" these days - she's also a bit bent over.
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex is 6 ft.   
Sophie, Countess of Wessex is 5 ft 5 in
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »

I believe the the current tallest royal is King Felipe of Spain, who is 6'6".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: