Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donations  (Read 18281 times)
Chris

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »

Ye gads!  I'm already having withdrawal pains.
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 10:25:02 AM »

The donation box is in $'s.......what is the procedure if a credit card is in another currency?

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »

The donation box is in $'s.......what is the procedure if a credit card is in another currency?
lupina

It is the same. It will just be converted from your currency when drawn from you account. you just specify how many dollars you wants to donate, and the corresponding kr, dinar, pounds etc will be withdrawn from your account.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

Thomas,
Would it be possible for me to send my donation to you via a US Postal Money Order?Huh?Huh?Huh???
If so could you e-mail me an address to send it to.   
And do I make out the Money Order to Royal Dish or to you?
thanks, lynda
How much money do you need to raise??
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »

Thomas,
Would it be possible for me to send my donation to you via a US Postal Money Order?Huh?Huh?Huh???
If so could you e-mail me an address to send it to.  
And do I make out the Money Order to Royal Dish or to you?
thanks, lynda
How much money do you need to raise??

We don't need to raise any given amount of money. If you choose to donate do so because you like RD. Maria and I put a lot of time and effort into the site. And its nice that there are members who like to show their appreciation in this way. As I said in earlier posts we have cut the cost of running this site to a minimum. But if we need to spend more money on it, buy software, hosting, etc., we don't have to use our own money to do it. Right now we are going to move RD to a new server. While its not a dedicated server we hope that RD will be faster and less prone to crashes. But if RD continues to grow it would be nice if we had the means to get a dedicated server. Its not an issue right now. But many small donations a long the way will give us the opportunity to do so in the future.

So take it easy. Donate if you feel like it. And don't think RD wil suddenly vanish if you don't, we are here for the long run  Smiley

And if trolls, fighting on the boards, angry members, our real lives, etc. wear us down, we won't mind letting others continue RD.

As for accepting cash. We have set up a PayPal account for RD. And that is where we keep the money that are donated to RD. It is easy for us to accept it that way. We do not need to convert foreign currency. So if you do not want to use a credit card, save your money, buy a digital camera and shot a pic with a "Hello RD" peice of paper from your part of the world  Smiley
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »

lupina

It is the same. It will just be converted from your currency when drawn from you account. you just specify how many dollars you wants to donate, and the corresponding kr, dinar, pounds etc will be withdrawn from your account.

Thanks for the info Thomas......I did it...... Smiley

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »

Thanks for the info Thomas......I did it...... Smiley
lupina

Thank you!  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »

Just donated my and found it quite strange that after that I wasn't logged on any more?
Well anyway.
I am glad that Maria and you Thomas take the pain and hassle to run this life line for us. So even if you don't need the money for the board if you'll get yourselves a babysitter and paint the town one deserved night, thats ok with me....   Champagne

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 12:39:05 AM »

Thanks a lot. We aim to please Smiley
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »

I am glad that Maria and you Thomas take the pain and hassle to run this life line for us. So even if you don't need the money for the board if you'll get yourselves a babysitter and paint the town one deserved night, thats ok with me....   Champagne

Hear, hear. Maybe you can go to Umami and get seated next to the golden couple themselves!  Beer

Dog = God. It's no mistake! Wink Doggy
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »

Thank you CD  Smiley
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »

Hear, hear. Maybe you can go to Umami and get seated next to the golden couple themselves!  Beer

Dog = God. It's no mistake! Wink Doggy

I've always (not really) wondered whether dog=God is profound. I dunno. Make no mistake; I love my wuffy but God is on a different level, though He couldn't possibly love me more than my doggy. SO I shall continue pondering... thank you for the incentive!
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

Thank you Hester, Diogenes and Noor76.

Your donations are greatly appreciated  Smiley
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »

HC, i just wanted to say thank you for your kind donation. I think I forgot it at the time. Thanks  Smiley
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 02:35:54 AM »

Thanks to the people who donated  Champagne

Greatly appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: