Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huggies ADVERT & Mary!!!!!  (Read 17249 times)
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »

Now we know why Mary went to the chemist and bought Huggies. On Page 14 of this weeks New Idea, Mary is seen carrying the Huggies from the Chemist with the caption ' FIT FOR A FUTURE KING. AND QUEEN"

NOW SHE IS DOING ADVERTS?Huh?Huh?

Can anyone scan this.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:52:07 AM by CD. » Logged

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:07:18 AM »

Cece, Hester or HC, can you get or scan this AD. It's a classic.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
dreamlife

Small Member

Canada Canada

1917 Karelian Birch Egg

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »

What on earth is Mary thinking? (okay, that's probably a dumb question). Don't tell me that Huggies is paying for her trip in return for her appearing in an ad. No wonder the first thing she did upon arriving was to make a spectacle of herself buying diapers and it was obviously no accident that the cameras were there. That could also explain why she was so rude to the Danish media later; the photos wouldn't financially benefit her so why bother being nice.
Of course we can all see the rather fatal logic in her thinking. If Mary, for one moment, thinks that she is a bigger star than the Danish royal family and can do without them then Mary obviously has a negative I.Q. Nobody on the planet would pay her a dime to walk around carrying diapers, fur vests, deodorant, sun screen, designer bags, toothpaste or anything else if it wasn't for the fact of her marriage.
Is her allowance from the Danes so small that she needs to do ads to increase her income? Or does she think doing ads for Huggies is a bigger deal than serving a country as one of it's royals? Is this what she aspires to?
HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »

CD, i don't have the mag so can't scan the picture.  are you saying this is a "real" advertisment paid for by Huggies..or a photo of mary nappy shopping with the headline provided by the mag and providing the publicity for Huggies?  having not seen the mag, i am asking this question open to the possibility it is an actual ad or maybe a "product placement" job by Nina where Mary is getting something in return for promoting the brand?  maybe this is why she had her nails manicured and painted red just prior to this "spontaneous" shopping trip because she knew her purchase of the nappies would be photographed and that the photographs used to promote the brand and therefore her hands would be viewed more closely than normal?
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »

When I go to the store they put my purchases in a bag..........................NO BAG for  ICON MARY!
HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »

When I go to the store they put my purchases in a bag..........................NO BAG for  ICON MARY!

asking for a bag wouldn't be environmentally correct....hang on, Huggies aren't environmentally correct...and mink farming isn't environmentally or ethically correct...the excess carbon generated flying CPN-PEK-CPN-SYD within a few days isn't environemntally correct...me thinks mary needs to add a "political correctness" consultant to her entourage (and find a new aussie media consultant).  Cool

CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »

Hopefully I will be able to get a scanned copy today and send it to Cece for posting

J Goebbels
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »

CD, i don't have the mag so can't scan the picture.  are you saying this is a "real" advertisment paid for by Huggies..or a photo of mary nappy shopping with the headline provided by the mag and providing the publicity for Huggies?  having not seen the mag, i am asking this question open to the possibility it is an actual ad or maybe a "product placement" job by Nina where Mary is getting something in return for promoting the brand?  maybe this is why she had her nails manicured and painted red just prior to this "spontaneous" shopping trip because she knew her purchase of the nappies would be photographed and that the photographs used to promote the brand and therefore her hands would be viewed more closely than normal?

In the absence of a vehement statement from the palace objecting to the unauthorized use of a likeness of a royal for the purpose of advertisement (real or suggested), then I'm inclined to think that Mary got paid for her photo op to the chemist.

I'm sorry for the Danes, whose crown princess is so without any sense of dignity or propriety.
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:28 PM »

Its not a likeness...its actually Mary walking down the street with a packet of blue AND Pink huggies. Smiling away as usual.

J Goebbels
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »

Hopefully I will be able to get a scanned copy today and send it to Cece for posting

Do it! Let's post it! 

So, what are the rules, then, if a royal actually enters into a contract with an advertiser? Brabs, you and Trine have LOTS of angles if you'd like to investigate the Taroona Baboona. Go for it!!!

It would not surprise me if she did this. Her wig was extra fluffed and curled, the nails were bright red, the casual cashmere yummy mummy outfit was planned just so and she was smiling from ear to ear knowing that the plan was working.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:27 PM »

I quickly looked through the mag yesterday and couldn't see it ... or I would have bought it. Is it definitely in New Idea?
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »

Yes, page14 left hand side. I'll scan it today.

J Goebbels
Plum Royale

Medium Member

Misha Prokhorov is a hysterical drama czar!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »

WTF, Mosh really is dumb Snare all I can say is the theme song for this Looker Me Tour 2008 HAS to the Pussycat Dolls song " I wanna Grow Up...)  at least  the advert didn't  call Xian  "Kingaroo"  of Tasmania!  Clown
Plum

" .. By the way, the beauty of our Russian women, their ability to elegantly pointed, sexy and trendy dress does not give anyone the right to call them prostitutes!
 I love heifers when they audition for me!
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »

Its also on their web site  Laughing Laughing

http://huggies.com.au/Bei...ess-Mary-Buys-Huggies.asp

Thanks  CD. Star Champagne I wouldn't have thought to look if you hadn't posted about the N. I. Beer add first.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:04:16 AM by Henny » Logged
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 01:10:20 AM »

Great find, Hens!  Star

Did sister have Nina hire a wind machine, too?  Crazy

Trine & Brabs, surely there is something you could go after here, n'est-ce pas?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: