Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos  (Read 429043 times)
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: March 31, 2016, 05:01:53 AM »

Thanks for the wishes Elissa Star  Banana
Thanks everyone for the input and pictures, Harley, PeDe, pixie, Laprincess, Esther, and kittycat Star Star Star Star

Now I have more stuff to talk about with my sister about this particular wedding dress.
I agree that if it is bigger half a size or a size, the hooks won't pull too much.
Also, if te dress is bigger a bit, the armpit area won't bunch and wrinkle up sooo badly.
But I still wonder why they go for a watteau, if they're going to pin the whole thing down to the waist anyway.
I get that they want this whole seamless look at the back of the dress, that goes from the neck to the end of the train several meters away, but there's problems with the sides of the dress and how piled on everything looked.
Wouldn't it be nicer to make a faux plaque for the back if they want to put a backboard there, and then a detachable train from the waist?
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: March 31, 2016, 06:49:21 AM »

I saw the gown on display in Amalienborg in August right after the wedding.  It looked beautiful in the display.  On the manniquin, although the train was attached, it did not have the washboard look.  You had to  carefully look to see how the train was attached to the back.  It was like the gown was too small for Mary in the torso area and that was why everything was getting pulled and the material puckered and the snaps and hooks showed so much.
The manniquin' s head and hairdo were not as big as Mary's and the veil draped beautifully.  They had a sample of the gown fabric to touch and it  was light and silky soft.

I think as somebody said, it all was fine in theory until the bride was stuffed into it sausage style.

Agree  Thumb up Star  I like the drawing, however, Mares is stuffed into the dress.  The dress would have probably looked better if it wasn't so stretched.

So the skirt underneath was supposed to be lace instead of duchess satin. That makes the design even busier. The whole drapery and lace curtain design just doesn't work. Not in this century at least.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: March 31, 2016, 07:49:17 AM »

The design/concept looks nice enough, though. Classic, clean lines and kinda statuesque but still quite romantic. I like the idea of it. But it didn't work well IRL. I don't know if it's Mary's fault or if it's just the dressmaker who is to blame. But the final look isn't good. I don't think it looks well made - even if it may have been - and I am not sure if it fits her body type or not. I do find it interesting what EA says, that it looked better on the mannequin. That suggests to me that this custom made, no doubt expensive dress was yet another example of Mosh deciding to wear something which fit her idea of what she looked like, instead of what she ACTUALLY looked like. I can only blame her partially for this, though, because the designer should have been able to talk her out of her bad ideas. But considering it was based partly on her input (=bogan ideas), if I remember correctly, I guess compromises may have been made.

Off topic, but I just noticed that the Mary in the bottom drawing has a much bigger tiara than the skulls'n'bones one.

EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:14 PM »

This is the first time I've seen that drawing and it looks like a really nice idea there, but it just didn't translate at all into a nice finished product.

I think the main problem was that the fabric they used was just way too heavy for a dress that was meant to be a twist on the 'clean classic lines' look. It also looked bad because of the really obvious way the train was clipped on the the dress and overall poor choices with accessories. The hair was wrong, the veil/tiara placement was wrong, the flowers were (IMO) too big and messy looking.

Throw all that together and you have a recipe for a hot mess of a wedding look.

I think Mette Marit pulled the intended look much better.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: June 01, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »

Frodo trying to escape??

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: June 01, 2016, 05:32:18 PM »

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: June 13, 2016, 03:33:09 AM »

this is the upper part from the website and was published when she took over the patronage of the EMS2016 conference.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: June 27, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »

Flashback Monday!

On June 24th in 1968, Prince Frederik of Denmark, the month-old son of Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik and the country?s future King, was christened at the Holmens Kirke in Copenhagen.

His godparents were Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Grand Duchess Jos?phine-Charlotte of Luxembourg, Prince Georg of Denmark, Count Etienne de Laborde de Monpezat, Baron Maximillian de Watteville-Berckheim and Birgitta Juel Hillings?. 

VIDEO HERE      and     VIDEO HERE

Interesting in the video's how Henrik is standing behind his wife and his son at the christening instead of standing next to her as the father of the future regent.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: June 29, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »

Call me crazy, but I think Marge was quite stunning when she was young and she looked fantastic fashion wise at Freddle's christening... To bad her smoking got in the way of her looks Crazy Crazy

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: June 29, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »

I agree. She was very pretty! Both she and Henrik were an exceptionally good looking couple when they were younger. But I think all three girls of King Frederik and Queen Ingrid were super pretty.

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: June 30, 2016, 04:49:13 AM »

I saw the gown on display in Amalienborg in August right after the wedding.  It looked beautiful in the display.  On the manniquin, although the train was attached, it did not have the washboard look.  You had to  carefully look to see how the train was attached to the back.  It was like the gown was too small for Mary in the torso area and that was why everything was getting pulled and the material puckered and the snaps and hooks showed so much.
The manniquin' s head and hairdo were not as big as Mary's and the veil draped beautifully.  They had a sample of the gown fabric to touch and it  was light and silky soft.

I think as somebody said, it all was fine in theory until the bride was stuffed into it sausage style.

Agree  Thumb up Star  I like the drawing, however, Mares is stuffed into the dress.  The dress would have probably looked better if it wasn't so stretched.

The dress on design looked good. On Mary, it all looked wrinkled, especially the skirt (of course, the layers.)

Not one of her best looks.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: June 30, 2016, 12:36:37 PM »

Would have looked great without those stupid lace inserts on the skirt, just like Mary always adding something that is unnecessary.
periwinkle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: June 30, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »

Marge was a very pretty woman and for glitzy occasions she can still do it up. I agree Mary's dress must have been made too small or she promised she would lose more weight which is just awful because she was an emaciated stick. She must have the most masculine body ever to be so skinny and still bust seams on a custom made dress. That must be why she doesn't eat more than a piece of toast all day even now. What a life.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: June 30, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »

The dress on design looked good. On Mary, it all looked wrinkled, especially the skirt (of course, the layers.)

Not one of her best looks.

It would have been a gorgeous dress but it did not fit her and I believe they choose the wrong fabric. If it fitted better and the layers were cut better than it would have been gorgeous.
Papillon

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: June 30, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »

I don't think she is skinny now. She was very skinny post wedding and after the first two child births but not now. Still, she has lost a lot of weight in general and very different from the way she looked in her twenties. She has worked her body to be as perfect as it could be. However, the body type remains the same.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: