Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania's trip to New York: September 2008  (Read 44168 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »

what i mean here that kind of pictures are not accessible by official agencies neither unofficial one,when in Spain or Danish state newspapper can easily get those photos ,not the case of jordan as i didn't saw any of Queen pictures during her last holiday in frensh in jordanians newspappers it's forbidden to publish
they may not have been published in magazines butteyweraccessible in Jordan. I know a couple of people who were in Amman at the time and saw the pictures there.

I'll wait for an official link for the professor story.
if you speak and read arabic i can give you the links
[/quote]
You can PM the links to me if you want.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Sibella

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2008, 03:46:10 PM »

they may not have been published in magazines butteyweraccessible in Jordan. I know a couple of people who were in Amman at the time and saw the pictures there
accessible yes for only to those they have internet,and not all jordanians do,me i think they have the right to see those photos in their local Magazines and newspappers to see what their leaders are doing by their taxes

You can PM the links to me if you want.
there is no reason as i found a link in english i repost it http://www.jpost.com/serv...st%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

they may not have been published in magazines butteyweraccessible in Jordan. I know a couple of people who were in Amman at the time and saw the pictures there
accessible yes for only to those they have internet,and not all jordanians do,me i think they have the right to see those photos in their local Magazines and newspappers to see what their leaders are doing by their taxes
Firstly it's not as though Rania paid for her accommodation seeing as though she stayed at a acquaintance's villa. Secondly we have no idea who pays for their holidays.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

While it seems more than likely that the photoshopping was indeed done because of religious reason, we can not be entirely sure of that.
There have been photoshopping for lots of reason. One being that the editor considered the dress or outfit prettier in a different colour (I remember a purple silk blouse that Mary once wore, that was portrayed in teal, because it fit better to the logo of the magazine cover, or was it vice versa?) Long sleeved dresses were made short to appear more sexy and apparently vice versa...
So there is nothing really new.
It would however be interesting would the photoshopping really hint to some underlaying (or not quite so underlaying) criticism of Ranias lack of religious or traditional decorum.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2008, 04:31:17 PM »

I wasn't aware of the Mary incident, do you have any more details?

The Rania thing has me stumped because in the grand scheme of things there have been other outfits of hers which could be perceived as being more "controversial" but they weren't photoshopped. Morover it's not as though she's one of those typical Arab princesses who say one thing but do another behind closed doors. What you see is what you get. If there were underlying tension about her clothing choices then firstly I think she would make a conscious effort in choosing different outfits but secondly I think the photoshopping would be a regular occurrence; as opposed to a one-off.

dreamlife

Small Member

Canada Canada

1917 Karelian Birch Egg

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:52 PM »

It is rather strange isn't it? Her wedding dress was sleeveless once she took her jacket off and I assume there was no huge outcry about that, why start now? I think this is an aberration and not the start of a trend. At least I hope it isn't; I wonder if Rania is even aware of the altered photo?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:25:57 PM by dreamlife » Logged
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2008, 06:44:34 PM »

plus she were a strapless gown to the dinner before F&L wedding

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »

LS, it was either a teal or a purple silk blouse turning the other colour on a german mag. I remember that there was some discussion on TRF if it wasthe same blouse just photoshopped or if Mary had had difficulties on deciding upon one colour and tried the buy one get one free.
However I remember also that I thought that the colour on the mag was nicer on her....
So if it was on TRF it was between RB and RD

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2008, 05:00:15 PM »

Hmm, thanks for the story, fairy.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: