Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Ignores Marie  (Read 7365 times)
sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2008, 06:35:26 AM »

http://msndk.starlounge.c.../index.cfm?objectID=36685

There is cold air between Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie.

Det skriver ugebladet Her & Nu. It writes the weekly Here & Now.

Ved Folketingets åbning sidste tirsdag ignorerede Mary hende fuldstændigt.
By Folketing opening last Tuesday Mary ignored her completely.

Mary overså både Marie og Prins Joachim , der var ankommet til Folketinget umiddelbart inden hun og Frederik nåede frem.
Mary missed both Marie and Prince Joachim, who had arrived in the Danish Parliament just before she and Frederik arrived.

Mens Mary hilste hjerteligt på Prinsesse Benedikte , der som den første var ankommet til Folketinget, stod en nervøs Marie i baggrunden og så helt fortabt ud.
While Mary greeted warmly at Princess Benedikte, who first had arrived in the Danish Parliament, was a nervous Marie in the background and then completely lost out.

Det bemærkede Mary ud af øjenkrogene og afbrød for et kort øjeblik samtalen med Benedikte og vendte sig mod Marie.
It noted Mary out of the eye hooks and cut off for a moment the conversation with Benedikte and turned to Marie.

[/i] Men de lignede ikke to veninder, der var glade for at se hinanden, for de var hverken på knus eller kindkys, og de vekslede kun få ord om buketterne, skriver hofreporteren Kirsten Balslev i Her & Nu. But they do not like two friends who were happy to see each other because they were either at or kindkys hug, and they exchanged few words about bouquet States, writes hofreporteren Kirsten Balslev in Here & Now.

Ifølge ugebladet ses de to prinsesser nærmest aldrig privat.
According to the weekly seen the two princesses almost never private.

Dybest set er de kun sammen ved officielle begivenheder.
Basically, they are only together at official events.

- Da Mary næppe har indlemmet Marie i sin danske venindekreds, tyder alt på, at de to svigerinder kun har set hinanden nogle få gange, siden Marie blev prinsesse. -
 When Mary hardly have included Marie's Danish friend circle, everything indicates that the two sister-in-law have only seen each other a few times since Marie was a princess.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »

INteresting - so Mary is not only jealous and insecure among royals, she is also scared of the French middle-class!
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

Nothing like your own middle-class past coming to haunt you when you fancy yourself an aristocrat with noble finesse.
HRN

Big Member

Chinese Face Reading for Mary

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »

- Da Mary næppe har indlemmet Marie i sin danske venindekreds, tyder alt på, at de to svigerinder kun har set hinanden nogle få gange, siden Marie blev prinsesse. -
 When Mary hardly have included Marie's Danish friend circle, everything indicates that the two sister-in-law have only seen each other a few times since Marie was a princess.

Sorry... but I am a "Besserwisser" (smartarse). Who translated this into english? I understand the danish sentence in this way:
"Because of the fact, that Mary hasn't hardly try to include Marie in her (Mary's) danish circle of friends, everything ..." (correct me if I'm wrong and bash me if I understand it wrong)  Smiley

So, it is Mary who doesn't approach Marie. (Okay, did we expect something different?) (IMO)

- in my opinion -
=============================================
HRN = Her Royal Nastiness

"Don't step down, Miss Julie, take my advice. No one will believe you did so freely; people will always say you fell."
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »

Mary wears her background like a banner, and it shows! She’s appears to be quite unbalanced with so many situations.  Wink

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

I think it reflects badly on Mary that the press are already writing about this. It's been 6 months since Marie got married and Mary, or her advisers, should have realised that the media would be desperate to publish negative stories. After all they are what sells. She should have gone out of her way to be friendly to counteract these stories.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:30 PM »

I think it reflects badly on Mary that the press are already writing about this. It's been 6 months since Marie got married and Mary, or her advisers, should have realised that the media would be desperate to publish negative stories. After all they are what sells. She should have gone out of her way to be friendly to counteract these stories.

I think that's just the Aussie coming out in Mary.  From my experience, Aussie's generally just call a spade a spade.  They either like you, or they don't.  If they do, well, pass us a stubbie, mate!  If they don't like you, then you're lucky if they acknowledge you long enough to give you the cold shoulder.  Sounds to me like Mary can't stand Marie and can't be bothered trying to play mind games with the press/peers over it.   

Fair enough, but that's not exactly leading by good example.   

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »

Sorry... but I am a "Besserwisser" (smartarse). Who translated this into english? I understand the danish sentence in this way:
"Because of the fact, that Mary hasn't hardly try to include Marie in her (Mary's) danish circle of friends, everything ..." (correct me if I'm wrong and bash me if I understand it wrong)  Smiley

So, it is Mary who doesn't approach Marie. (Okay, did we expect something different?) (IMO)
HRN, your translation is correct.

HRN

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:21:11 PM »

HRN, your translation is correct.

Thanks! And sorry, because I'm such a "Besserwisser".  Angel

- in my opinion -

"Don't step down, Miss Julie, take my advice. No one will believe you did so freely; people will always say you fell."
sj007

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »

Google (& me at 1am my time) translated this...sorry.  I was so focused on separating the sentences & colorizing to try to make it easier to read.  "Lost in Translation" applies here. Blush
Santacruz
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

I can imagine the whole DRF family to speak french when they meet.  I think Henrik and Margrethe enjoy speaking french with Marie. Mary is the only one in this family who does not speak the language so maybe she sometimes feels a bit left out? Blink
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

sj007, thanks for posting the article and providing the translation! It was good to read it.

I'm sure ME feels left out when others speak French, but can't say I feel for her.
HRN

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:21 PM »

Google (& me at 1am my time) translated this...sorry.  I was so focused on separating the sentences & colorizing to try to make it easier to read.  "Lost in Translation" applies here. Blush
You did a great job. Thanks for posting the article...  Star for you and your work (colorizing it...)

- in my opinion -

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »

Imo it doesn't matter what language the DRF speak in private, it doesn't justify public snubs as Mary has done.

I think that's just the Aussie coming out in Mary.  From my experience, Aussie's generally just call a spade a spade.  They either like you, or they don't.  If they do, well, pass us a stubbie, mate!  If they don't like you, then you're lucky if they acknowledge you long enough to give you the cold shoulder.  Sounds to me like Mary can't stand Marie and can't be bothered trying to play mind games with the press/peers over it.   

Fair enough, but that's not exactly leading by good example.   
I know exactly what you mean, boof, and I have come across this attitude myself. I've always thought thhough that if you don't like somebody you can still treat them with basic courtesy and good manners. By not doing so Mary demonstrates a complete lack of breeding (for want of a better word). IMO.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 12:25:05 AM »

sj007, thanks for posting the article and providing the translation! It was good to read it.

I'm sure ME feels left out when others speak French, but can't say I feel for her.

I doubt whether Crown Princess Mary of Denmark has much conversation in her ... they probably don't bother with her much.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: