Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Ignores Marie  (Read 7220 times)
boof

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 06:24:37 AM »

Imo it doesn't matter what language the DRF speak in private, it doesn't justify public snubs as Mary has done.

I think that's just the Aussie coming out in Mary.  From my experience, Aussie's generally just call a spade a spade.  They either like you, or they don't.  If they do, well, pass us a stubbie, mate!  If they don't like you, then you're lucky if they acknowledge you long enough to give you the cold shoulder.  Sounds to me like Mary can't stand Marie and can't be bothered trying to play mind games with the press/peers over it.   

Fair enough, but that's not exactly leading by good example.   
I know exactly what you mean, boof, and I have come across this attitude myself. I've always thought thhough that if you don't like somebody you can still treat them with basic courtesy and good manners. By not doing so Mary demonstrates a complete lack of breeding (for want of a better word). IMO.

Oh I'm sure Mary has plenty of breeding--although it's probably more along the lines of INbreeding (j/j)!  With everyday people such as myself, I honestly have to say I've grown accustomed to the whole "spade's a spade" attitude, and it's actually quite helpful because at least you know where you stand.  But Mary is no longer in an ordinary situation (even though she is incredibly ordinary herself), and so I think there are some reactions to situations that are simply unacceptable, and this would be one of them.  Personally I don't care, but I think it's a terrible example to set for young people who look up royals and celebrities as hero's and whatnot.   Snare

Still, if Mary didn't go around snubbing her SIL in public and ignoring her fellow Danes at the Olympics, not to mention promoting Brand Mary all over the world, I would have so much less to laugh about, so I really hope she and Fred stay together, the Monarchy doesn't fold, and that she continues to make a spectacle of herself at every opportunity!   Jumping

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

I agree.  If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to press the ignore button.
hennabane

Medium Member

United States United States

Victory, baby, cuz that throne belongs to Izzy!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 06:54:42 AM »

If Mary feels left out because she doesn't speak French, it's her own fault.  She has many resources.  She can take time out and learn the damn language.  She should, anyway.  Shows intelligence, class and interest in her extended family.

Of course she should obviously master Danish first, since she is the FREAKIN' CROWN PRINCESS... why does that whole notion of being Danish and immersing herself completely in the culture of her new citizenship and country elude her?   Dead

As to her snubbing Marie, well, I see only a jealous, catty bitch in Mary.  I don't think she likes the idea of having any kind of competition.  I'm not surprised in the least.

'The road to hell is paved with a black Amex!'
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »

"Because of the fact, that Mary hasn't hardly try to include Marie in her (Mary's) danish circle of friends,..."

Does she even have one? Snare
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 12:29:27 PM »

"Because of the fact, that Mary hasn't hardly try to include Marie in her (Mary's) danish circle of friends,..."

Does she even have one? Snare

Yes, jewel.....Ziggy! Whistle

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »

Mary has no friends to share, how dreadful if she introduces someone who might be more popular...

ANyway, while I find this australian attitude a bit harsh, honest but harsh, I must say that it should only work in certain instances:
If you don't like your neighbours, than the american attitude of sweetly admiring their flowers and adding, that oh, of course we really need to get together for a BBQ is just ridiculous. I personally prefer "live and let live".
However with family it is different: IMo you should exercise a certain amount of politeness and manners. You didn't choose the spouse of your cousin, neither did she chose you. But if you do not have to shag up together in a two bedroom home for the rest of your life, get over it and smile. The day will pass.
The same diplomacy should be expected from royals as from everyone.
If Mary without a serious fall-out (Marie accidently or purposefully forking Marys guinea pig, or ruining Marys best fur by, oops, letting a paintball, that she happens to carry around fall on it) then I would expect a grown-up non-bitchy composure.

Alas it is Mary we are talking about and Mary if all is the Icon of entertainment

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »

Mary has no friends to share, how dreadful if she introduces someone who might be more popular...

ANyway, while I find this australian attitude a bit harsh, honest but harsh, I must say that it should only work in certain instances:
If you don't like your neighbours, than the american attitude of sweetly admiring their flowers and adding, that oh, of course we really need to get together for a BBQ is just ridiculous. I personally prefer "live and let live".
However with family it is different: IMo you should exercise a certain amount of politeness and manners. You didn't choose the spouse of your cousin, neither did she chose you. But if you do not have to shag up together in a two bedroom home for the rest of your life, get over it and smile. The day will pass.
The same diplomacy should be expected from royals as from everyone.
If Mary without a serious fall-out (Marie accidently or purposefully forking Marys guinea pig, or ruining Marys best fur by, oops, letting a paintball, that she happens to carry around fall on it) then I would expect a grown-up non-bitchy composure.

Alas it is Mary we are talking about and Mary if all is the Icon of entertainment

...but Fairy where would all the fun, be then, huh?? Spiteful

G Wink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Team Cerise
Banned
Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »

http://msndk.starlounge.c.../index.cfm?objectID=36685
- Da Mary næppe har indlemmet Marie i sin danske venindekreds, tyder alt på, at de to svigerinder kun har set hinanden nogle få gange, siden Marie blev prinsesse. -
 When Mary hardly have included Marie's Danish friend circle, everything indicates that the two sister-in-law have only seen each other a few times since Marie was a princess.

Sorry... but I am a "Besserwisser" (smartarse). Who translated this into english? I understand the danish sentence in this way:
"Because of the fact, that Mary hasn't hardly try to include Marie in her (Mary's) danish circle of friends, everything ..." (correct me if I'm wrong and bash me if I understand it wrong)  Smiley

So, it is Mary who doesn't approach Marie. (Okay, did we expect something different?) (IMO)
HRN, your translation is correct.

Is this Mary in your profile picture?  Shocked wow, she sure looked different.....  Thinking

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »

Yes. That’s her original face.

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »

If Mary feels left out because she doesn't speak French, it's her own fault.  She has many resources.  She can take time out and learn the damn language.  She should, anyway.  Shows intelligence, class and interest in her extended family.

Of course she should obviously master Danish first, since she is the FREAKIN' CROWN PRINCESS... why does that whole notion of being Danish and immersing herself completely in the culture of her new citizenship and country elude her?   Dead

As to her snubbing Marie, well, I see only a jealous, catty bitch in Mary.  I don't think she likes the idea of having any kind of competition.  I'm not surprised in the least.
\\
a

BUT, you forget Mary taught in a French school....for how long??  6-months??9months??    so obviously while teaching in a French school----she lived,shopped,and socialized in France.    also her Daddy John and step-mummy actually live in France.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:41 PM »

\\
a

BUT, you forget Mary taught in a French school....for how long??  6-months??9months??    so obviously while teaching in a French school----she lived,shopped,and socialized in France.    also her Daddy John and step-mummy actually live in France.

Teaching English......but still when living there you would expect she picked up some French. Off course not as fluent as native Marie and half French Joachim and Fred (I assume they learned French among others via their father Henri).
MissF

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »

The Donaldsons no longer live in France. They live in England.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: