Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victorias engagement!  (Read 8678 times)
dreamlife

Small Member

Canada Canada

1917 Karelian Birch Egg

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 06:13:57 AM »

I know nothing about this guy, but you guys just do.not.like him. Why is he a bad choice for Vickan? I must say, she is looking very beautiful and mature these days and love will do that to you, of course, great sex will, too, but then again, maybe it's not him at all and it's just how she's aging (ha, ha, Mary!).

So I'm asking you, please lay out the argument against this dude. Takk!
I had heard that he wasn't good consort material i.e. not very intelligent or knowledgeable about Sweden's history or culture, but I thought if he makes Victoria happy then that must count for something so I was willing to give him a chance. But then I saw that video of him at Fred birthday party when he just walked away from Victoria because he didn't want his picture taken and left her standing there and I couldn't believe how rude he was. That's what did it for me. This is a link for a video of it.
http://herognu.com/index....&parent=73&id=131

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 06:29:17 AM »

I had heard that he wasn't good consort material i.e. not very intelligent or knowledgeable about Sweden's history or culture, but I thought if he makes Victoria happy then that must count for something so I was willing to give him a chance. But then I saw that video of him at Fred birthday party when he just walked away from Victoria because he didn't want his picture taken and left her standing there and I couldn't believe how rude he was. That's what did it for me. This is a link for a video of it.
http://herognu.com/index....&parent=73&id=131
[/quote]

thx for the link, Dreamlife...

I'd forgotten that Frex brought along his MEdiana-the-blow-up doll with him, who just stood there, smiled and walked ...her batteries must have been re-chared! Dead

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Summer

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »

I think she should try for Nikolaos of Greece, while he's still single or perhaps one of the German princes (Saxe-Coburgs?), because they already know the drill.  I think a regular guy would find it very difficult to adapt and I just can't see him going to 'prince' school. 
Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »

@Cece

That video posted by getafix shows things quite well. He canīt show support to his girlfriend.

Today Aftonbladet has an article telling, that millionaires are pouring capital into his badly running gyms, so that he can keep them. Of course they are not doing this, because Daniel would be such a cutie and his gyms goldmines...they obviously wanna have/keep a warm cosy place next to the first family of the country.

Also for the Brazil hotel project, Daniel will be part of, Daniel actually doesnīt have the financial resources. I guess they just got him into the boat, because they would get attention through him, so that Swedes would holiday there.
Daniel must be a pro in "pushing unpleasant truths aside"...or he simply is milking the Royal cow for all itīs worth.

Some days ago Iīve posted an blog entry for Hvenhild. It was from a girl, who grew up in Danielīs hometown Ockelbo and she had told, that Daniel had bullied her...for years.

I am still not done with my "judgement" on him. Might be, that the situation of "hanging in between" is unpleasant for him and causing this obvious discomfort. Might be, that his personality had matured and grown over the years. So might be, that he would present us some very charming guy on the green engagement couch...but I am doubtful...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:12:46 PM by Lena » Logged
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 01:35:35 PM »

IMO this guys an idiot. She should ditch him, but alas she won't. She,like someone else we know, has a habit of holding on to partners who treat them like s**t. It must be that they get all this attention from everyone and then along comes someone who doesn't give two hoots and they try and do everything to please them. Sad. No

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
MBA Princess

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 10:32:03 PM »

A couple of thoughts on Victoria and Daniel:

1. She's not getting any younger. One of her first obligations after marriage will be to produce heirs. I have posted before that the Victoria/Daniel offspring might have challenges with learning disabilities.

2. She should get married before she takes the throne. This will provide the opportunity to raise her family without the total glare of the media spotlight, especially while the children are young. It will also provide the King and Queen the opportunity to play the roles of doting Grandma and Grandpa.

3. He has already moved in with her, so why delay the marriage? There are two plausible reasons. The first is that the King and Queen are really against the relationship. If the RoyalDish posters are so against Daniel, it is hard to determine how the Royal Family reacts to him. If they were fully in favour of this relationship, I believe Victoria would already be married. The second is that Victoria herself is not sure and is waiting for something/someone better to come along.

4. Daniel does not appear to bring much to this relationship.

5. Victoria's choice of Daniel lowers my opinion of her ability to lead the country.

Lena
Banned
Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 12:42:10 AM »

For me itīs much more, that Daniel self doesnīt wanna get married to the crown princess. I think he made some concession and had moved (also officially!) to Drottningholm and had visited the party of this sportiv guy and his Vampirella...but THE big step, he doesnīt wanna do.
Well, might be, Victoria isnīt sending the right signals, as she would maybe feel insecure (rightly, I guess) about the whole situation...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: