Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oman Royals: News and Pictures  (Read 3774 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 01:18:15 AM »

Wait a minute...aren't they first cousins?  I know that's more prevalent in various parts of the world but it's still weird in my book.

They are double first cousins:

http://arabianroyalagency...n-bin-haitham-is-engaged/
That's a little scary. My grandfather and his brother married my grandmother and her sister in 1922 Ireland, producing quite a few double first cousins. I cannot imagine children of those two marriages intermarrying.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 03:32:15 PM »

Well, just look at the Scandinavian royals.  Haakon and Maud.  Ingeborg and Carl.  Their children Olav and Martha were related in so.many.ways.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 07:46:52 PM »

It does seem to be traditional there from what I can tell and it's not like anyone gets the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex outside of family. But double cousins? That would be a little concerning for me. I hope they consulted a good geneticist at least.

I imagine that there are a lot of other cousin marriages involved in their family tree so they might end up sharing more than the usual max DNA for double cousins as well.

I understand it's cultural as well as practical in keeping all the power and wealth to as tight a circle as possible but it just doesn't seem wise. 
if i am not mistaken these kind of medical tests are required in some Gulf states like UEA ,but not sure of Oman

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:30:21 PM »

It does seem to be traditional there from what I can tell and it's not like anyone gets the opportunity to mix with the opposite sex outside of family. But double cousins? That would be a little concerning for me. I hope they consulted a good geneticist at least.

I imagine that there are a lot of other cousin marriages involved in their family tree so they might end up sharing more than the usual max DNA for double cousins as well.

I understand it's cultural as well as practical in keeping all the power and wealth to as tight a circle as possible but it just doesn't seem wise.  
if i am not mistaken these kind of medical tests are required in some Gulf states like UEA ,but not sure of Oman

Do you know, if they still practice the thing of the bride a) having to prove she's still a virgin and b) having to prove that she can have children? (not specifically in Oman, but generally in the Arabic royal world. I would imagine there're differences in the various Arabic vountries)

I know this was common in European countries as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: