Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordanian Royal News  (Read 962211 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4470 on: April 15, 2021, 11:02:50 PM »

i am not huge fan of Noor but..OUCH
https://twitter.com/Queen.../1382645828255416323?s=19

I clicked but could not read the writing. What do most of the responses tweets say?

A fight between Hamza supporters and KA supporters

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #4471 on: April 15, 2021, 11:27:53 PM »

This will not help matters for her son.

More like it'll put the screws into him.

Would it be too much to ask for Noor to stay out of it? I can understand defending Hamzah when he was placed under house arrest. Does she really have to fan the flames now?

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4472 on: April 16, 2021, 12:40:13 AM »

Would it be too much to ask for Noor to stay out of it? I can understand defending Hamzah when he was placed under house arrest. Does she really have to fan the flames now?

If she needs to put a disclaimer on it, then maybe she shouldn't have posted it!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Jannah

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4473 on: April 16, 2021, 01:22:31 AM »

Noor better not return to Jordan anytime soon, or ever.
Jannah

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4474 on: April 16, 2021, 02:55:48 AM »

"While some allege a real conspiracy tied to Saudi meddling, most analysts believe that the entire affair was a manufactured crisis designed to distract a public enraged about the ruling monarchy’s worsening mismanagement over the past decade."

https://outline.com/rxj9rT
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4475 on: April 16, 2021, 03:00:20 AM »

Another prove Jordan is ruled by fools   Crap

Jordan: Woman given prison sentence for saying 'my father is better than the king'

In a continuation of turbulent times for Jordan, a one-year prison sentence issued to a woman for “prolonging the tongue” against King Abdullah II has sparked a widespread backlash on social media.

According to the Facebook page Amman City, which publishes updates on the Jordanian capital, Athar al-Dabbas, 34, who works for an electricity company, said “my father is better than the king” during an argument over car parking.
During the dispute, the complainant, Amal Hussein, a journalist, said: “His majesty is above everything and no one is above him. Your father is below him.”
Dabbas, whose father is deceased, was angered by the comment, prompting her reply: “Who spoke about the king? For me, my father is better than the king and the whole world.”
Such comments were considered by the North Amman Magistrates' Penal Court as “prolonging the tongue” on the country’s king - an Arabic term that means using improper language.
The complainant pressed charges against Dabbas.
The phrase "my father is better than the king" has been turned into an Arabic hashtag, which was the top trending hashtag in Jordan on Tuesday, with scores of social media users angered at the decision by Jordan’s judiciary.
Some social media users focused on the issue of free speech in the country.
you’re not allowed to express even love unless it’s for the regime.”
While others saw no fault in Dabbas’ comments, noting that anyone would regard their own father as above the king.
Another user tweeted: “Is it possible that we have reached a point where a case is made against a citizen because she said my father is better than the king? Who among us does not see that his father is the best person in the world?”
Dabbas’ sentence resulted from Jordan's penal code article 195, which criminalises the act of insulting the king, an offence punishable with prison sentences from one to three years.
The matter comes after a turbulent few weeks for Jordan.
Economic difficulties, paired with the Covid-19 pandemic, have caused widespread unrest in Jordan. Internal rifts within the country's royal family have propelled issues further.
An alleged coup plot by Prince Hamzah bin Hussein, a son of the late King Hussein, rocked the country earlier this month.
In a video sent by the prince to the BBC, he echoed widespread discontent with a clampdown on free speech, saying: "No one is able to speak or express an opinion on anything without being bullied, arrested, harassed and threatened.”

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4476 on: April 16, 2021, 03:47:32 AM »

Wow Rita. This is sounding more and more like Thailand.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4477 on: April 16, 2021, 04:35:40 AM »

Wow Rita. This is sounding more and more like Thailand.
Or north Korea  Smiley

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4478 on: April 16, 2021, 08:51:21 AM »

At least the Thai and North Korean toddlers have always been upfront about their batshit autocracy.

Abdallah on the other hand was cosplaying as an enlightened philosopher king.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4479 on: April 16, 2021, 09:25:12 AM »

At least the Thai and North Korean toddlers have always been upfront about their batshit autocracy.

Abdallah on the other hand was cosplaying as an enlightened philosopher king.

That's so true and there're many more to add.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4480 on: April 16, 2021, 09:29:16 AM »

Another prove Jordan is ruled by fools   Crap

Jordan: Woman given prison sentence for saying 'my father is better than the king'

In a continuation of turbulent times for Jordan, a one-year prison sentence issued to a woman for “prolonging the tongue” against King Abdullah II has sparked a widespread backlash on social media.

According to the Facebook page Amman City, which publishes updates on the Jordanian capital, Athar al-Dabbas, 34, who works for an electricity company, said “my father is better than the king” during an argument over car parking.
During the dispute, the complainant, Amal Hussein, a journalist, said: “His majesty is above everything and no one is above him. Your father is below him.”
Dabbas, whose father is deceased, was angered by the comment, prompting her reply: “Who spoke about the king? For me, my father is better than the king and the whole world.”
Such comments were considered by the North Amman Magistrates' Penal Court as “prolonging the tongue” on the country’s king - an Arabic term that means using improper language.
The phrase "my father is better than the king" has been turned into an Arabic hashtag, which was the top trending hashtag in Jordan on Tuesday, with scores of social media users angered at the decision by Jordan’s judiciary.
While others saw no fault in Dabbas’ comments, noting that anyone would regard their own father as above the king.
Another user tweeted: “Is it possible that we have reached a point where a case is made against a citizen because she said my father is better than the king? Who among us does not see that his father is the best person in the world?”
Dabbas’ sentence resulted from Jordan's penal code article 195, which criminalises the act of insulting the king, an offence punishable with prison sentences from one to three years.
Economic difficulties, paired with the Covid-19 pandemic, have caused widespread unrest in Jordan. Internal rifts within the country's royal family have propelled issues further.
An alleged coup plot by Prince Hamzah bin Hussein, a son of the late King Hussein, rocked the country earlier this month.
In a video sent by the prince to the BBC, he echoed widespread discontent with a clampdown on free speech, saying: "No one is able to speak or express an opinion on anything without being bullied, arrested, harassed and threatened.”

What a farce. (Almost) every woman would her father better than any King. It has even nothing to do with disrespecting the King, it's simple normal and nature.

I hope she's been freed soon.

If Abdullah wanted for people to love/respect him more this is certainly NOT the right way.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #4481 on: April 16, 2021, 09:43:49 AM »

Another prove Jordan is ruled by fools   Crap

One of the justifications presented for Rania's throughly Western designer wardrobe was that it helped create the impression with the JRFs / States Benefactors that the JRF was a thoroughly modern monarchy trying to modenise an archaic part of the world. Really, she didn't have to go to all that trouble when the Courts under the King are undoing all her dazzling work as a clothes horse.

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4482 on: April 16, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »

Another prove Jordan is ruled by fools   Crap

One of the justifications presented for Rania's throughly Western designer wardrobe was that it helped create the impression with the JRFs / States Benefactors that the JRF was a thoroughly modern monarchy trying to modenise an archaic part of the world. Really, she didn't have to go to all that trouble when the Courts under the King are undoing all her dazzling work as a clothes horse.

IMO loads of surgical cosmetic work and an expensive designer wardrobe does not make anything modern at all - just look at the wives of "important people" including Mrs 45 .... But it seems any semblance of agitation brings out the "big guns" literally . . . .

I'd doubt there was a coup in the offing ... more like a "grow up and see the daisies" type thing was given to KA and he and his wife did not like to hear it
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4483 on: April 16, 2021, 12:51:37 PM »

Some damage control at last, according to BBC the charges is dropped, Happy for the young lady is out of jail

King Abdullah II calls Jordanian woman accused of indecent speech against His Majesty

His Majesty King Abdullah II Wednesday called a woman, identified as Athar Al-Dabbas, who was sentenced to prison for indecent speech against the King.
The woman's case previously sparked controversy on social media after she was sentenced to one year in prison for indecently speaking of His Majesty.
She said "my father is better than the King and the whole world."
According to the Human Rights Watch's World Report 2019 regarding Freedom of Expression, "Jordanian law criminalizes speech deemed critical of the King, foreign countries, government officials and institutions, and Islam, as well as speech considered to defame others."
On Facebook, Dabbas said she felt proud to receive a call from His Majesty Wednesday.
She continued, noting that His Majesty told her to remain in high spirits, adding that she is "proud of His Majesty the King as the father of every Jordanian man and woman."

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4484 on: April 16, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »

Well all she create is a delusion..
For so long she was seen as super modern Queen changing the face of the world not only Jordan, she was clever enough to know the impact of pretty face( and honors killing,  bad situation of jordanian women who have no right to speak their minds and for example are no longer important ) .but in the end you can't change the things with been pretty and with nice elegant clothes and as the article in Noor's tweet said about KA "Driving a Harley does not make him a modern king",same can be said about Rania wearing  Chanel and Valentino does not make her modern Queen she can do that in thoubes and Abayas, its about the actions and real reforms not the look.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:31:38 PM by Rita » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: