Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 301   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordanian Royal News  (Read 983897 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4425 on: April 07, 2021, 12:28:16 PM »

You made some very good points Chandrasekhi   Thumb up

On the lastest news Hamza is deported to another country,it's said that part of his agreement with Prince Hassan is to leave Jordan..Abdullah wants him out

Beer

Well, well ... nothing screams fear and weakness quite like silencing and banishing your opponents with trumped up charges. After the release of the audio of Hamzah and the Army Chief's exchange, Hamzah seems to be more popular than ever. KA couldn't imprison him, nobody would have believed Hamzah losing his way in the desert  never to be seen again. This seems the best solution for all concerned. Why didn't he just speak to his brother instead of putting him under house arrest? It appears that KA has used the armed forces to distance himself from both purges. He was not successful this time.

Must say i am disapoiinted in KA, i never thought he was suitable fo Kingship but at least i tjought he is openee mind and know how to listen and accepte critics.. think not  Crap

Now the hashtag "where is prince hamzah "( #اين_الأمير_حمزة) is trending in Jordan..this is getting worst for Abdullah

If this whole coup was maybe really orchestrated by KA himself, it failed badly.

I hope Hamzah is ok and that his family is save.

Yes if he has been pushed out then his family should have been allowed to leave... I doubt we will know
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4426 on: April 07, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »

You made some very good points Chandrasekhi   Thumb up

On the lastest news Hamza is deported to another country,it's said that part of his agreement with Prince Hassan is to leave Jordan..Abdullah wants him out

Beer

Well, well ... nothing screams fear and weakness quite like silencing and banishing your opponents with trumped up charges. After the release of the audio of Hamzah and the Army Chief's exchange, Hamzah seems to be more popular than ever. KA couldn't imprison him, nobody would have believed Hamzah losing his way in the desert  never to be seen again. This seems the best solution for all concerned. Why didn't he just speak to his brother instead of putting him under house arrest? It appears that KA has used the armed forces to distance himself from both purges. He was not successful this time.

Must say i am disapoiinted in KA, i never thought he was suitable fo Kingship but at least i tjought he is openee mind and know how to listen and accepte critics.. think not  Crap

Now the hashtag "where is prince hamzah "( #اين_الأمير_حمزة) is trending in Jordan..this is getting worst for Abdullah

If this whole coup was maybe really orchestrated by KA himself, it failed badly.

I hope Hamzah is ok and that his family is save.

Yes if he has been pushed out then his family should have been allowed to leave... I doubt we will know
The rumours said he is deported with his family (wife and daugthers)
If he made to leave Jordan i doubt he will leave without his family or he will make another scandal.

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #4427 on: April 07, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »

A brilliant podcast! It is the most incisive analysis (except that by Dishers  Champagne ) of the alleged coup, I have come across in the media. Posted 4 hrs ago. It does not discuss Hamzah's current location, but talks about recent developments in the context of Jordan, the region and why the coup allegation seems to have backfired spectacularly. It features the academic on the pbs clip periwinkle posted upthread, and another political analyst.
Listen from 01:00
https://player.fm/series/...-in-the-kingdom-of-jordan
This past weekend, an exceptional series of events rocked the normally quiet nation of Jordan as an apparent schism between members of the country's royal family led to the detention of the country's former crown prince, Prince Hamzeh, and the arrest of several of his associates on allegations that they were undermining the country's national security—potentially in coordination with certain foreign interests. Hamzeh responded with a series of leaked videos in both Arabic and English, accusing the government led by King Abdullah II of ineffectiveness and corruption, dragging the royal family's internal tensions even further into the light of day.

To talk through this unexpected crisis, Scott R. Anderson sat down with Bessma Momani of the University of Waterloo and Ghaith al-Omari of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. They discussed the history of royal succession in Jordan, how this latest crisis maps onto Jordan's changing political dynamics and what it all might mean for the broader region.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:41:32 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4428 on: April 07, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »

Lastest:
King Says Hamza is in his Palace under the his protection
https://petra.gov.jo/Incl...;lang=en&name=en_news

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #4429 on: April 07, 2021, 08:20:08 PM »

Lastest:

Okk.... so KA downgrades the events from a coup to a sedition:
I speak to you today, my family and my tribe, in whom I place my implicit trust, and from whom I draw determination, to assure you that the sedition has been nipped in the bud, and that our proud Jordan is safe and stable;

Definition of Sedition:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sedition
Sedition is the act of encouraging rebellion against the government, or an action that promotes such rebellion, such as through speech or writing.

What’s the difference between treason and sedition? Treason typically refers to a direct action to overthrow or betray one’s government, whereas sedition usually falls short of direct action and instead involves the promotion of revolutionary or treasonous actions. Legally, sedition is typically considered a less serious offense than treason.

Example: His statements amount to nothing less than sedition—he’s actively trying to incite a rebellion against the government.
 - speech or behaviour directed against the peace of a state
 - an offence that tends to undermine the authority of a state
 - an incitement to public disorder
 - archaic revolt
Thinking

https://english.alaraby.c...ained-as-discontent-grows
Jordan's deputy PM says that Saturday's attempted coup is 'contained' but discontent is growing over censorship and allegations against Prince Hamzah's wife, who is a member of an influential tribe.
Date of publication: 7 April, 2021

https://english.alaraby.c...dans-crackdown-on-dissent
Jordan's detention of 'coup plotters' is really a crackdown on dissent
Date of publication: 7 April, 2021
At present, no clear evidence of an actual coup attempt has emerged. The incident therefore resembles the alleged coup attempt against President Erdogan in Turkey in the summer of 2016. It remains unclear what precisely occurred, yet Erdogan used the alleged coup attempt to crack down on dissent and consolidate his power.

King Abdullah, feeling threatened by ongoing protests, high unemployment, high Covid cases, and dismal economic prospects, may decide that the alleged coup attempt offers a useful excuse to clamp down on any criticism of his rule.

Prince Hamzah's threat to King Abdullah's authority is tied not only to his popularity, but to the fact that their father King Hussein, intended for Prince Hamzah to serve as Abdullah's successor. Hamzah has long expressed support for a more democratic system in Jordan, as well as more authority to powerful tribes who ruled Jordan before the Hashemite regime was instated by the British in 1921.

Ironically, upon his coronation, King Abdullah II was also seen as a proponent of democratic reforms, yet in the intervening two decades of his rule, he has consolidated power in himself, and designated his son Hussein as crown prince in 2009 when the prince turned 15.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:36:35 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4430 on: April 07, 2021, 08:40:48 PM »

Whatever it was it backfired spectaculary on KA and his court  Wink
Nobody in Jordan believe in their version

Here another intersting read
https://archive.ph/liIHs

The academic woman should be very carful on what she said if she want back to Jordan

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #4431 on: April 07, 2021, 08:59:05 PM »

Whatever it was it backfired spectaculary on KA and his court  Wink
Nobody in Jordan believe in their version

Here another intersting read
https://archive.ph/liIHs

The academic woman should be very carful on what she said if she want back to Jordan

https://uwaterloo.ca/poli...le-profiles/bessma-momani
She is also a Senior fellow at the Centre for International Governance and Innovation (CIGI), and a Non-Resident Fellow at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington, D.C. She was a Non-Resident Senior Fellow at both the Brookings Institution and Stimson Center in Washington, D.C., a consultant to the International Monetary Fund, and formerly a visiting scholar at Georgetown University's Mortara Center. She was a 2015 Fellow of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation and now sits on its board of directors. She is also a Fulbright Scholar. Dr. Momani currently sits on the National Security Transparency Advisory Group (NS-TAG) to advise the Deputy Minister of Public Safety Canada and other Government officials on improving transparency to Canada's national security and intelligence departments and agencies.
KA could try. He needs the IMF more than she does.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4432 on: April 07, 2021, 09:02:19 PM »

Lastest:

A case of 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer' here ?

Good to know Princess Basmah and their children are with him at least.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4433 on: April 07, 2021, 11:58:59 PM »

Lastest:

I wonder what “his protection” really means?  I’m not sure I would be comfortable letting the children be around that whole atmosphere.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4434 on: April 08, 2021, 12:00:43 AM »

Lastest:

I wonder what “his protection” really means?  I’m not sure I would be comfortable letting the children be around that whole atmosphere.

It means locked up in a secure location surrounded 24/7 by armed guards who report directly to the king.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4435 on: April 08, 2021, 01:59:42 AM »

Lastest:

I'd be nervous too.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4436 on: April 08, 2021, 03:07:32 AM »

Gosh doesn't the couple have like five young daughters? What a horrible experience for them all. I'm not sure which story I'm believing but I hope Abdullah isn't so stupid he would harm a father in front of his children or harm the children I mean aside from what they are just going through anyway with Uncle Abdullah acting all cuckoo right now.
HrhofNothing

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4437 on: April 08, 2021, 03:34:38 AM »

I would have been shocked if Hamzah would have been exiled. Abdullah knows Hamzah would be trouble with a capital T outside Jordan. Better to “retire” him to a private life with enough money, under watchful eyes
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4438 on: April 08, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »

I would have been shocked if Hamzah would have been exiled. Abdullah knows Hamzah would be trouble with a capital T outside Jordan. Better to “retire” him to a private life with enough money, under watchful eyes

Hamzah in the exile would be another middle eastern prince with too much money and irrelevant to Jordan or any other country. 

I think it's a question of keeping your enemies close.  The political situation in the Middle East with the major political players like USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran is such, that I doubt very much any of us can grasp what's going on. 

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4439 on: April 08, 2021, 02:11:14 PM »

Hamzah in the exile would be another middle eastern prince with too much money and irrelevant to Jordan or any other country. 

I think it's a question of keeping your enemies close.  The political situation in the Middle East with the major political players like USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran is such, that I doubt very much any of us can grasp what's going on.

Many of the ME rulers pass on the title and power to brothers and not sons ... Saudi and Dubai comes to mind for the current set ... but it looks like the next generation will be different. Noor wanted her son to be CP and so did Rania ... no surprise what happened. Better for Hamzah not to spend his adult life waiting for something that was going to be snatched away in the end. And better to if possible move away now... KA has not handled this well so far IMO
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 301   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: