Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jordanian Royal News  (Read 994435 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4500 on: April 19, 2021, 11:50:13 PM »

So is the general consensus that Abdullah either created or way overplayed the threat from Hamzah to eliminate opposition and strengthen his power?  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to settle this in my mind!

So hard to tell with Middle Eastern royals. They’re not big on transparency.
Jannah

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4501 on: April 21, 2021, 12:54:37 AM »

Anyone else find it weird that they're suddenly publicising Hamza and his family? First a family pic, now Prince Haya bint Hamza just had a "video" sesh.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4502 on: April 21, 2021, 04:36:29 AM »

I thought that was weird too. Part of the deal for the letter he signed?
His children are darling
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4503 on: April 21, 2021, 05:17:08 AM »

Anyone else find it weird that they're suddenly publicising Hamza and his family? First a family pic, now Prince Haya bint Hamza just had a "video" sesh.
Odd but not surprising
This how the autocratic regimes of ME work
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:36:42 AM by Rita » Logged

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #4504 on: April 21, 2021, 06:54:21 AM »

Probably all theatre, KA  playing happy families, sending a message out that Hamzah's family is safe and "happy". From 0-60mph/100kmh in a second. I wonder how Basmah feels about having her young family exposed like this.
 Star Rita, Jannah for pics and updates.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4505 on: April 22, 2021, 06:03:54 PM »

this is hilarious really  Laughing  Laughing

Jordan releases 16 accused in 'sedition' plot

Jordan released Thursday 16 people detained for "sedition" at the request of King Abdullah II, the state prosecutor said, weeks after an alleged plot to destabilise the country was foiled.
But two key suspects, former royal court chief Bassem Awadallah and Sharif Hassan bin Zaid, an ex-special envoy to Saudi Arabia, were kept in detention, Brigadier General Hazem al-Majali said.
He said the decision to release the 16 "at this time in the investigation" was taken at the request of the king, without specifying if this was a final pardon or a temporary release.
The 16, alongside Awadallah and Bin Zaid, were being investigated in the case "to destabilise security and stability in Jordan".
The 16, alongside Awadallah and Bin Zaid, were being investigated in the case "to destabilise security and stability in Jordan".
Earlier Abdullah, in a statement released by the royal court, said he had asked authorities to release "brothers" who were "misled, wronged, dragged behind this sedition" so they could be with family as soon as possible during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
The king made the request after lobbying by a number of key figures from across Jordan who asked him to show tolerance, state television Al-Mamlaka and official Petra news agency reported.
But Awadallah and Bin Zaid "have not been released because of their role and the level of incitement which is different than those of the other (16) accused who were set free," Majali said.
Eighteen suspects were arrested after authorities on April 3 announced they had foiled a bid to destabilise the kingdom.
More of the Article:
https://www.google.com/am...-accused-in-sedition-plot

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4506 on: April 22, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »

Note: i am glad those ppl are out of jail especially i am sure they didn't do anything dangerous or harmful.
What i find funny is this shit show and the poor comedy playing in front of us.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4507 on: April 22, 2021, 06:16:39 PM »

this is hilarious really  Laughing  Laughing

Jordan releases 16 accused in 'sedition' plot

Jordan released Thursday 16 people detained for "sedition" at the request of King Abdullah II, the state prosecutor said, weeks after an alleged plot to destabilise the country was foiled.
But two key suspects, former royal court chief Bassem Awadallah and Sharif Hassan bin Zaid, an ex-special envoy to Saudi Arabia, were kept in detention, Brigadier General Hazem al-Majali said.
He said the decision to release the 16 "at this time in the investigation" was taken at the request of the king, without specifying if this was a final pardon or a temporary release.
Earlier Abdullah, in a statement released by the royal court, said he had asked authorities to release "brothers" who were "misled, wronged, dragged behind this sedition" so they could be with family as soon as possible during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
The king made the request after lobbying by a number of key figures from across Jordan who asked him to show tolerance, state television Al-Mamlaka and official Petra news agency reported.
But Awadallah and Bin Zaid "have not been released because of their role and the level of incitement which is different than those of the other (16) accused who were set free," Majali said.
Eighteen suspects were arrested after authorities on April 3 announced they had foiled a bid to destabilise the kingdom.
More of the Article:
https://www.google.com/am...-accused-in-sedition-plot

The plot, whoever orchestrated it, failed miserably.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #4508 on: April 22, 2021, 07:24:32 PM »

Note: i am glad those ppl are out of jail especially i am sure they didn't do anything dangerous or harmful.
What i find funny is this shit show and the poor comedy playing in front of us.

It is conpletely pathetic what KA put the 16 tribesmen through. KA has been hoisted by his own petard.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4509 on: April 29, 2021, 11:23:03 PM »

https://en.royanews.tv/news/27483/2021-04-29

Prince Muhammad bin Talal passed away aged 80.
He was King Abdallah's uncle and the younger brother of the late King Hussein.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4510 on: July 12, 2021, 06:41:15 PM »

https://www.wionews.com/w...erm-over-coup-plot-397616

A Jordanian court on Monday sentenced two former officials to 15 years in jail over a palace coup attempt that sparked a crisis in a kingdom seen as a regional oasis of stability.

Former royal court chief Bassem Awadallah and an ex-envoy to Saudi Arabia, Sharif Hassan bin Zaid, had been convicted of conspiring to topple King Abdullah II in favour of his half-brother Prince Hamzah.

the 13-page charge sheet said Hamzah, 41, "was determined to fulfil his personal ambition to rule, in violation of the Hashemite constitution and customs".

Awadallah and Bin Zaid, who both have close ties to neighbouring Saudi Arabia, were found guilty of "incitement against the ruling system" and "acts that could threaten society and create sedition", said the sentence read out in court.

A former crown prince who was sidelined as heir to the throne by the king in 2004, Hamzah accused Jordan's rulers of corruption and ineptitude in a video message posted by the BBC on April 3.

He said the same day that he had been put under house arrest.

Authorities later said he would not stand trial, as his case had been resolved within the royal family, with Hamzah pledging allegiance to Abdullah.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4511 on: July 12, 2021, 09:17:31 PM »

https://www.wionews.com/w...erm-over-coup-plot-397616

A Jordanian court on Monday sentenced two former officials to 15 years in jail over a palace coup attempt that sparked a crisis in a kingdom seen as a regional oasis of stability.

Former royal court chief Bassem Awadallah and an ex-envoy to Saudi Arabia, Sharif Hassan bin Zaid, had been convicted of conspiring to topple King Abdullah II in favour of his half-brother Prince Hamzah.

the 13-page charge sheet said Hamzah, 41, "was determined to fulfil his personal ambition to rule, in violation of the Hashemite constitution and customs".

Awadallah and Bin Zaid, who both have close ties to neighbouring Saudi Arabia, were found guilty of "incitement against the ruling system" and "acts that could threaten society and create sedition", said the sentence read out in court.

A former crown prince who was sidelined as heir to the throne by the king in 2004, Hamzah accused Jordan's rulers of corruption and ineptitude in a video message posted by the BBC on April 3.

He said the same day that he had been put under house arrest.

Authorities later said he would not stand trial, as his case had been resolved within the royal family, with Hamzah pledging allegiance to Abdullah.

Wow. I wonder how long that allegiance will last?
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4512 on: July 14, 2021, 05:50:37 AM »

It doesn't sound good for Hamzah. Was he "forced" to pledge allegiance to Abdullah? I hope he'll be okay.

Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4513 on: September 27, 2021, 06:24:12 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/w...s-coronavirus-2021-09-27/

Wishing a speedy and uneventful recovery to Crown Prince Hussein and for the rest of the family to be safe.
Jannah

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4514 on: October 04, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »

A trove of leaked documents obtained by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists shows that the country’s long-ruling monarch, King Abdullah II, has secretly owned 14 luxury homes in the United Kingdom and the United States, purchased between 2003 and 2017 through front companies registered in tax havens.  Their value totals more than $106 million.

https://www.icij.org/inve...abdullah-luxury-property/
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: