Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako - 2021 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 13404 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 04:56:09 AM »

IIRC the decision to not budget for her parure was in response to COVID-19.  I seem to remember that even the coming of age celebrations have been scaled down to the bare minimum.  Part of me thinks it's a sensible decision while another part of me thinks that as she's the reigning emperor's only child they should do it up right.

Well she only has it while unmarried.... makes sense to recycle... maybe that will be the process in the future
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2021, 04:59:09 AM »

IIRC the decision to not budget for her parure was in response to COVID-19.  I seem to remember that even the coming of age celebrations have been scaled down to the bare minimum.  Part of me thinks it's a sensible decision while another part of me thinks that as she's the reigning emperor's only child they should do it up right.

Well she only has it while unmarried.... makes sense to recycle... maybe that will be the process in the future

All born princesses have their tiaras/parures while unmarried, they will have to surrender their parures to the IHA once they get married. The only ones keeping it for a lifetime are the women marrying a prince. Next in line would be the future wife of Hisahito.

If they recycle, why did the Akishino girls and other minor princesses get personal parures made for them? If they want to save money, take some older pieces out of the vault and create/change up a new one for Aiko. They don't have to get a brand new one. Just personalize a old/new one for her.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:08:45 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2021, 05:13:52 AM »

Some tiaras/parures are either wedding gifts and guarantee a lifelong "possession", and some of them were made specifically for the princesses on their 20th birthday - but when a princess marries a non-royal or passes away, all the bling goes into the possession of the Imperial Household Agency (IHA).

So there are some actual ones

Princess Takamado
Her wedding tiara, a second diamond bandeau tiara, and the Mikasa Pearl Drop Tiara from her mother-in-law, who doesnít attend tiara events anymore.

Princess Noriko of Takamado
Pearl & Diamond Wave Tiara
(made by Mikimoto in 2008)

Princess Ayako of Takamado
Diamond Wreath Tiara
(made by Mikimoto)

Hanako, Princess Hitachi
Japanese Pearl Fringe tiara

Princess Tomohito of Mikasa
Pearl & Diamond Tiara

Princess Yōko of Mikasa  
Pearl & Diamond Tiara

Princess Yuriko of Mikassa
Diamond Kokoshnik Tiara

One is to be know been taken apart and remade

Empress Shōken Scroll Tiara
(which the Meiji Scroll Tiara was made of)

And others nobody knows what really happened to them

Princess Takamatsuís Floral Palmette Tiara
- we haven't seen that one yet

Crown Princess Bangja Tiara
- no one knows where that is

Princess Chichibu Pearl Drop Tiara
(made by Mikimoto circa 1936)
- no one knows where that is

Princess Itsuko of Nashimoto (1882 - 1976)
* Married Prince Nashimoto Morimasa
* Mother of Yi Bangja, Crown Princess of Korea (born Masako)
* Aunt of Princess Chichibu (Setsuko)
- 2 tiaras nobody has seen

Empress Kojun Scroll Tiara
(made by Mikimoto)
- not seen in ages
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:34:32 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2021, 06:19:34 AM »

Some pieces do appear from the IHA vaults

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2021, 12:28:26 AM »

Those older tiaras are stunning; I love the chrysanthemum and the honeysuckle ones especially.  I do not like how the recent tiaras have come with a necklace that mirrors the shape of the tiara; it's too matchy-matchy and takes away from the impact of both the tiara AND the necklace. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2021, 03:43:42 PM »

December 9
Empress Masako celebrates her 58th birthday
On the occasion of the birthday, the Imperial Household Agency released new photos of Empress Masako, which were taken at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Events to celebrate her birthday will be held by reducing the number of attendees, among other measures against COVID-19.

Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »

Many happy returns of the day to Her Majesty, who looks as lovely as ever  Champagne
Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2021, 08:59:37 PM »

December 9
Empress Masako celebrates her 58th birthday
On the occasion of the birthday, the Imperial Household Agency released new photos of Empress Masako, which were taken at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Events to celebrate her birthday will be held by reducing the number of attendees, among other measures against COVID-19.

A lovely couple!   Many belated happy returns to Masako.   

That beige outfit however, should be burned. 

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: