Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aiko, Princess Toshi - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 1342 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2021, 08:00:58 PM »

November 22
The Princess set for the world stage
Princess Aiko of Japan is set to hit the world stage next month as she becomes a working member of the country's imperial family. But the 19-year-old, who is the only child of Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako, will have to do without a new tiara and set of jewels when she comes of age next month due to the Covid pandemic.

However, once she turns 20 on December 1, the princess will be thrust into the spotlight as she undertakes official engagements and attends galas fit for royalty.  

Yet instead of a new jewelry collection to celebrate this milestone, like ones given to her cousins, Mako Komuro, formerly Princess Mako, and Princess Kako of Akishino, when they came of age, Aiko will be gifted a second-hand piece.

The second-year university student, who studies Japanese literature at Gakushuin University in Tokyo, is set to be given her aunt Sayako Kuroda's tiara, according to Royal Central, due to a lack of budget because of the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.

But the move to borrow the 'hand-me-down' piece to Aiko has apparently caused some surprise, according to The Court Jeweller, after the princess' cousins received new jewels. The blog, written by American historian and royal expert Lauren Kiehna, reported that the Imperial Household Agency did not set aside money in the annual budget for a new tiara and jewels as a cost-saving measure amid the pandemic. The tiara is being adjusted to fit Aiko's head better ahead of her coming of age ceremonies - which will not include the usual banquet or any similar type of gathering due to the Covid crisis.

Despite being the only child of the Emperor, who ascended the throne in May 2019, Japanese laws favoring male heirs means Aiko is not in the line of succession. Instead, Aiko will be passed over in favor of her uncle, Crown Prince Fumihito, while his two eldest children Mako and Kako lose out to their younger brother, Prince Hisahito, 15.

Little is known about the princess, who suffered a difficult period of bullying and anxiety during her childhood which saw her dropping out of school. On Aiko's eighth birthday, it was revealed her interests included calligraphy, jump rope, and writing poetry. Meanwhile, it was also revealed she grew up playing both piano and violin.

However, in 2010, she was in the press after it emerged she was spending a period away from school after suffering anxiety over the 'wild behavior' of fellow schoolboys.

She failed to attend the end-of-year graduation ceremony and was also absent for a welcoming ceremony for her fellow new third-grade students. She began attending school for just three hours a day, accompanied by her mother, and took other days off complaining of a cold. At the time, Palace officials said the princess was having private tuition while not at school. A year later, she was hospitalized for pneumonia after suffering from a persistent high temperature of around 102.2F and a cough. On her return to school, she began playing cello as a member of the school orchestra and learning English.

In July 2021, Japan ruled out allowing women to ascend to the throne, amid a looming succession crisis in the country's shrinking imperial family. A government advisory panel, made up of 21 members from various fields, is attempting to find a solution, and will not even consider allowing the imperial princess to reign, The Times reported at the time, citing Japanese media.

There is public support for allowing princesses to ascend to the Chrysanthemum Throne, but such a move is strongly opposed by Japan's ruling conservative nationalists. Within the ruling party, there is a longing for Princess Aiko to ascend the throne,' The Japan Times quoted a senior government official as saying this month.

In the meantime, the second-year university student, who studies Japanese literature at Gakushuin University in Tokyo, will start to undertake official engagements and attend various royal events.

perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 09:34:58 PM »

It is absolutely ridiculous that she has been ruled out and moreover is being treated so shoddily.  That being said, I have a sneaky suspicion that she may be a little relieved that some day she will be out.  Poor thing, bullied so much as a child, anxious perhaps by nature and now the victim of silly men.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 10:20:21 PM »

The whole succession ridiculousness aside, she's a lucky girl. She has great, loving parents who seem to have provided a really stable and lovely upbringing for her despite the craziness surrounding them. You can tell they adore her and I'm so glad at how settled and confident Masako is as empress. Aiko seems like a sweetheart and I hope she has a wonderful birthday and just gets to enjoy her life without the ridiculous pressure of the court and media. I simultaneously want to hug her and punch the stupid men in the Japanese court.

I also absolutely love her cat!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 07:59:29 PM »

December 1
Aiko celebrates her 20th birthday
Princess Aiko, the only child of Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako, turned 20 today. On the occasion of her 20th birthday several ceremonies will be held on December 5 (because of her university classes).

In one ceremony, Aiko will receive "'The Order of the Precious Crown". By receiving that order, the princess will be able to attend public activities. Aiko is expected to attend New Year's Receptions as her first public activity.

The Order of the Precious Crown is an order established on January 4, 1888, by Emperor Meiji. The Order of the Precious Crown is only presented to female members of the Imperial Family and foreign ladies of distinction.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 08:06:31 PM »

Order of the Precious Crown
The Order of the Precious Crown, the lowest Japanese order, was instituted by Emperor Meiji in 1888 with five classes.

In 1896 the Emperor added three new classes to the order. After 2003, however, the order is composed of only six classes and although men are allowed to receive the order, usually only women receive it. The badge, in the shape of a gold oval medallion, consists of a central disc containing an ancient Japanese imperial crown being surrounded by a red ring.

Both the star and the sash are reserved for 1st class members of the order. The star is similar to the badge, but the central disc displays a phoenix and all five points are studded with pearls, with floral designs connecting the spaces between each point. The sash is yellow with red stripes near the edges. Imperial Princesses are usually awarded the Order of the Precious Crown, either when they reach the age of majority or when they marry into the Imperial Family.

Most Princesses of Japan are 1st class members of the order, nevertheless, some distantly related members of the family are awarded the 2nd class.

Foreign recipients include Queen Sonja of Norway, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, Queen Letizia of Spain, Queen Silvia of Sweden, Princesses Anne and Alexandra of the UK,  Princesses Désirée and Christina of Sweden, Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Infantas Elena and Cristina of Spain and a number of other royals.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 08:41:00 PM »

She's a lovely young woman. Something about her features reminds me of Elisabeth of Belgium. I wish her luck, happiness and freedom!

Cool your jets, everyone
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 10:06:49 PM »

She looks a lot like her mom  Cute

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:05:20 AM »

I can't believe she's 20 already, I remember when she was born.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 12:55:06 PM »

December 1
Princess Aiko, the only child of Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako, turned 20 today. On the occasion of her 20th birthday several ceremonies will be held on December 5 (because of her university classes).

In one ceremony, Aiko will receive "'The Order of the Precious Crown". By receiving that order, the princess will be able to attend public activities. Aiko is expected to attend New Year's Receptions as her first public activity.

The Order of the Precious Crown is an order established on January 4, 1888, by Emperor Meiji. The Order of the Precious Crown is only presented to female members of the Imperial Family and foreign ladies of distinction.

Nice photos - barring the ultra-conservative clothing that I know The Household insists on 😔.   I think Aiko looks like both her parents - she's a pretty girl. I wish her all the best 🌹💐  So glad she's getting her Order and will do engagements now. 

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 06:08:52 PM »

December 1

Nice photos - barring the ultra-conservative clothing that I know The Household insists on 😔.   I think Aiko looks like both her parents - she's a pretty girl. I wish her all the best 🌹💐  So glad she's getting her Order and will do engagements now. 

Time flies.....20 already...congratulations to the birthday girl
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 07:24:36 PM »

I get the impression that there is some inherent fragility in Aiko and that perhaps it's a really good thing that she won't become empress. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: