Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Family of Russia  (Read 76074 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »

For whatever reason, Mama always reminded me of the Stepmother in the old Czech Fairy Tale movie "Drei Nüsse für Aschenbrödel" sorry, can't post images.
(and since Principessa has already posted my favorite cape-pic, I am reluctant to ask again)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »

For whatever reason, Mama always reminded me of the Stepmother in the old Czech Fairy Tale movie "Drei Nüsse für Aschenbrödel" sorry, can't post images.
(and since Principessa has already posted my favorite cape-pic, I am reluctant to ask again)

Ha, you're totally right. I just googled her and can certainly see the resemblance.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:20:55 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »

Her groom in the 1976 wedding does not very thrilled to be getting married

I see that too.

He was a nobody in the House of Hohernzollern and probably sacrificed himself by marrying into the House of Romanov to become a somebody

That worked out well for him...

It seems he was and is still a nobody. Who has heard of him after their divorce?

Arranged marriage and then when the heir .... ha ha ... was born that was it ... sad

True, he was always son of...husband of...now he's father of...

But in his family marriages basically never lasted long. His grandfather Joachim had a war marriage to Princess Marie Auguste of Anhalt. They married in 1916 and divorced in 1920, shortly after he shot himself (this of course wasn't his wives...just to say)

MA btw was the one, who later adopted all kinds of illustrious gentlemen (ahem ahem cuff cuff...)for money. The most famous one being the so called Prinz Frederick von Anhalt (who married Zsa Zsa Gabor).

Their only son Karl and father of Franz Wilhelm was married to Henriette of Schönaich-Carolath (herself a daughter of the first marriage of the Empress Hermine)

They married in 1940 divorced in 1946. Another war marriage that didn't last.

So I guess it runs in the family...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:24:30 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: