Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 444686 times)
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: September 08, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »

Wasn't this female demotion practice an acquiescence to convince the Americans to let them keep their Imperial family? I think it was so the Imperial Family wouldn't grow back as big as it had pre-war.

I don't know what changes were made, but some were indeed made for the Americans, so they wouldn't abolish the imperial family or sth like that.
This might be the reason for that.

But remarkably, in spite of our time, the Japanese are medieval when it comes to how the imperial family is structured. There is only one child, and because of that one(!!) child they stopped any discussion on female inheritance. Madness. The family is literally about to die out and the number of official members is at a ridiculous low.

It's ridiculous to not allow a woman to inherit, and equally ridiculous to banish a woman from the official family, even though she was born into it and as pointed above give the commoner married-in husband a title, which the (imperial born) wife has no right to.

I am a fan of many things that are Japanese and admire them for many many things, but this is utter BS.

If I'm not mistaken they completely abolished the aristocracy, right?
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »

Wasn't this female demotion practice an acquiescence to convince the Americans to let them keep their Imperial family? I think it was so the Imperial Family wouldn't grow back as big as it had pre-war.

I don't know what changes were made, but some were indeed made for the Americans, so they wouldn't abolish the imperial family or sth like that.
This might be the reason for that.

But remarkably, in spite of our time, the Japanese are medieval when it comes to how the imperial family is structured. There is only one child, and because of that one(!!) child they stopped any discussion on female inheritance. Madness. The family is literally about to die out and the number of official members is at a ridiculous low.

It's ridiculous to not allow a woman to inherit, and equally ridiculous to banish a woman from the official family, even though she was born into it and as pointed above give the commoner married-in husband a title, which the (imperial born) wife has no right to.

I am a fan of many things that are Japanese and admire them for many many things, but this is utter BS.

If I'm not mistaken they completely abolished the aristocracy, right?

That's a good point--I doubt the Americans would care if they put women back in today....soooo why don't they do it?

And yes-aristocracy abolished, and I feel like we don't hear from their descendants like we do from other former aristo families in Europe. Maybe that's just a language/alphabet barrier though.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2017, 05:00:48 AM »

just a question.

is there a contingency plan if that one male heir decides he wants to be a rock star in america and not be on the chrystanthanum throne?

Is there another male who can take his place?

I wouldn 't suggest a female - god forbid  Yikes

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:12 PM »

With respect to Japanese families that were formerly considered the aristocracy, they no longer use those titles, but everyone still knows who they are. I taught English to Japanese students for years and ever so often someone would show up in one of my classes with a family name (surname) that caused everyone else in the class to suck in their breath and say something on the order of ``Sa!. . . . very old family, desu ne!"
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: September 13, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »

Princess Kako leaves for study in UK:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nh...orld/en/news/20170912_26/

Emperor harvests rice in Imperial Palace:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nh...orld/en/news/20170913_37/

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: September 20, 2017, 01:36:28 AM »

On September 19, 2017, Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako attended the opening of the LAWASIA "The Law Association for Asia and the Pacific" Conference held at the New Otani Hotel in Tokyo, Japan. LawAsia is a regional association of lawyers, judges, jurists and legal organisations, which advocates for the interests and concerns of the Asia Pacific legal profession.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: September 20, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »

Masako looks good and happy. But then, she was at a conference that probably interested her, given her academic and previous work background.
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: September 21, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »

Masako looks good and happy. But then, she was at a conference that probably interested her, given her academic and previous work background.

She really does, doesn't she? I think she would be fascinating to talk to over a cup of tea; from what I've read, she's an intellectual powerhouse.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: September 28, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »

September 27
Akishino and Kiko are in Chile on an official visit to mark 120 years of ties between the countries.
They attended the ceremony marking the 120th anniversary of diplomatic relationship between Chile and Japan

there is something about Kiko that I cannot take, she looks like a waxfigure to me, but that's not it. And she might be sweet, I just get an evil vibe from her.

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: September 29, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »

Same.  I find Kiko's face rather terrifying.  It's like this, just (obviously) without the beard and moustache:

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: October 01, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako attended the International Youth Exchange conference held at the New Hotani Hotel in Tokyo and observed the discussions by the participating youths. The International Youth Exchange (INDEX) Program is an interactive project started in 1994 in commemoration of the royal marriage of the Crown Prince. The Program aims to promote mutual friendship and understanding between Japanese youths and youths of other countries.

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: October 02, 2017, 01:35:29 AM »

I am happy to see M out and about. I think she is an asset wheich has been greatly under used by  the
JRF.
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: October 02, 2017, 05:20:40 AM »

I am happy to see M out and about. I think she is an asset wheich has been greatly under used by  the
JRF.

Me too!   Supercontent 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: October 02, 2017, 05:52:54 AM »

Same.  I find Kiko's face rather terrifying.  It's like this, just (obviously) without the beard and moustache:

Ahh guy Fawkes* will be pleased that his face is now Kiko's face  Cute

* those masks are apprently modeled on guy fawkes facem, the chap who tried to blow up english parliament - hence they're worn as rebellion against anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2017, 09:33:22 PM »

Today is the 83rd birthday of Empress Michiko of Japan and on the occassion of that birthday, the Imperial Household Agency published the new photos of Empress Michiko with Emperor Akihito. (Michiko Shōda was born in 20 October 1934 at Tokyo Hospital. Michiko married Crown Prince Akihito and became the Crown Princess of Japan in 1959. Upon the death of Emperor Shōwa on 7 January 1989, Crown Princess Michiko's husband became the 125th Emperor of Japan, and she became empress consort).

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: