Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 312936 times)
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: November 12, 2017, 09:29:14 PM »

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako attended the "International Cosmos Prize 2017" symposium of Expo í90 Foundation held at the United Nations University in Shibuya-ku. The Expo í90 Foundation selected Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, Founder, Jane Goodall Institute, UN Messenger of Peace, as the winner of the 2017 International Cosmos Prize, for her continuous research and lifelong contributions.

AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2017, 04:39:43 AM »

From Rita's post, I think this may be the most beautiful photo I ever saw of CP Masako.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »

She really looks very beautiful there Smiley
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »

And happy to be out no doubt.
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: November 14, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »

We don't see her in kimono too often either, so it's a bit of a double treat.

Also all of the ladies chose such wonderful colors for this event, appropriate palate for autumn but still bright and upbeat.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan and his wife Crown Princess Masako attended the 41st National Tree Growing Festival held in Mannō in Kagawa Region. The couple gave fertilizer to trees planted by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko in 1988. Crown Prince Naruhito trimmed a tree. Crown Princess Masako attended this festival for the first time since 2003. Then, the Prince and the Princess visited the prefectural agricultural testing site at Ayagawa Town.

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: November 21, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Naruhito seems like a very patient, kind and affectionate husband . He surely lived hard days with his wife's long illness, so now seeing Masako smiling and in top form makes me very happy for him and for his daughter too .
Amina

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:50 PM »

Thanks for all the pix.  Just wanted to say that Princess Masako looks radiant and happy these days.  She seems to have come through the worse.  I husband is wonderful to have supported her all these years.  What a lovely couple.

Shame that the Imperial Agency have so much control.  Masako is a real asset.  Her pics show how warm she is and she's beautiful.  I prefer her to the other princess (can't remember her name).   You know the one who looks a bit scary and alledgedly had a son by IVF.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: November 27, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »

Kiko. But if she hadnít had that boy, the JIF would have imploded. And itís not like she took a child away from Masako.

I like both ladies.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: November 27, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »

I feel very sorry for any lady in that family.  It sounds like their lives are pure hell.
Amina

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »

Kiko. But if she hadnít had that boy, the JIF would have imploded. And itís not like she took a child away from Masako.

I like both ladies.

True its a real shame that a woman cannot sit on the throne.  One day...

Thanks for the info.  IDK Kiko kind of scares me not that I hate her or anything.  Women in that family are in an impossible position.   Sad
RoyalMusings

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: December 01, 2017, 06:56:12 AM »

Emperor Akihito will abdicate on April 30, 2019.

Japan Times
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: December 01, 2017, 07:46:00 AM »

I wonder why they announce it so early. Or would he have abdicated earlier but the Household Agency wouldn't allow it?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: December 01, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »

[uote]
True its a real shame that a woman cannot sit on the throne.  One day...
Thanks for the info.  IDK Kiko kind of scares me not that I hate her or anything.  Women in that family are in an impossible position.   Sad
[/quote]

TBH it does not sound like a lot of fun .... so it might not be the worst thing.
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: December 01, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »

From BBC News link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42191096

Japan's Emperor Akihito to abdicate in April 2019

Japan's ageing Emperor Akihito will step down in April 2019, marking the end of an imperial era for Japan.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced the abdication date shortly after a government and royal panel met to discuss the timing.
The 83-year-old emperor had said last year that his age and health would make it difficult to fulfil his duties.
The timing of his abdication, the first in more than two centuries, has been the subject of debate in Japan.
How abdication could usher in a calendar change
In pictures: Japan's Emperor Akihito
Japanese Emperor Akihito's 2016 address in full
The Imperial Household Council, made up of Mr Abe, lawmakers, and members of Japan's royal family, convened on Friday to set the date of the abdication.
Mr Abe later met reporters briefly to announce that they had decided the emperor would step down on 30 April 2019.
His abdication will mark the end of the Heisei era, and he would be immediately succeeded by his son Crown Prince Naruhito on 1 May, which would start a new imperial era.
Presentational grey line
What does the emperor do? The emperor has no political powers but several official duties, such as greeting foreign dignitaries. Japan's monarchy is entwined in the Shinto religion and the emperor still performs religious ceremonies.
What do Japanese people think? Most support the emperor's desire to abdicate - a survey by the Kyodo news agency after Akihito suggested he wanted to step down found more than 85% saying abdication should be legalised.
Why is the abdication timing contentious? Earlier reports said the emperor could abdicate on 31 December so that his son would start his era on 1 January, thus synchronising the imperial calendar - which is still used for formal announcements - with the Gregorian calendar widely used in Japan. But the royal household reportedly rejected this as ceremonies to mark the succession would then clash with year-end and new year royal events, reported Kyodo news agency citing government sources.
In a rare address to the nation last year, Akihito said he was "worried that it may become difficult for me to carry out my duties" with his declining fitness, and expressed concern for the strain imposed on his family and Japanese society if he fell ill and died while on the throne.
His statement was widely interpreted as a wish for abdication, which at the time was not provided for under the law.
Public sympathy grew for the emperor, and the Japanese government moved to enact a bill this year to allow him to step down. It is a one-off piece of legislation, and does not allow Naruhito or his successors to abdicate.

"Think and let think".
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: