Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 105   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 529538 times)
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: December 14, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »

I don't like the fact that they're putting the vomiting and weight loss down to "psychological stress" and not her cancer and it's treatment.  Now of course someone battling cancer would be stressed but given her own history when crown princess, and that of her daughter-in-law, I'm getting huge red flags.  She certainly shouldn't have faced stress as crown princess but it's even more inexcusable that she's facing it again in her 80s as the Empress Emerita.

Come on, you would think the IHA would get caught up with science and health and realize that vomiting and weightloss also happens with cancer...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: December 14, 2019, 04:49:54 PM »

I don't like the fact that they're putting the vomiting and weight loss down to "psychological stress" and not her cancer and it's treatment.  Now of course someone battling cancer would be stressed but given her own history when crown princess, and that of her daughter-in-law, I'm getting huge red flags.  She certainly shouldn't have faced stress as crown princess but it's even more inexcusable that she's facing it again in her 80s as the Empress Emerita.

Come on, you would think the IHA would get caught up with science and health and realize that vomiting and weightloss also happens with cancer...

Right...I forgot to add that it would be totally normal for those to be cancer treatment side effects. 
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: December 14, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »

I don't like the fact that they're putting the vomiting and weight loss down to "psychological stress" and not her cancer and it's treatment.  Now of course someone battling cancer would be stressed but given her own history when crown princess, and that of her daughter-in-law, I'm getting huge red flags.  She certainly shouldn't have faced stress as crown princess but it's even more inexcusable that she's facing it again in her 80s as the Empress Emerita.

Right...I forgot to add that it would be totally normal for those to be cancer treatment side effects. 

Indeed, this is a very strange medical report from the Imperial Household Agency, who seem obsessed with illness "triggered by psychological stress," especially when it comes to royal women.  I agree, Oh_Caroline, about red flags!

Nevertheless, I don't think that vomiting blood is a normal side effect of cancer treatment for breast cancer.  Per the Mayo Clinic, truly vomiting blood usually represents something such as bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract from peptic ulcers or torn blood vessels.

Years ago, vomiting was unavoidable with chemotherapy; now there are many drugs that help control nausea and vomiting called antiemetics.  When I went through chemotherapy for breast cancer, I took SIX anti-nausea drugs and never got sick to my stomach once they got the meds right.

https://www.nippon.com/en...vomited-blood-agency.html
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: December 14, 2019, 10:15:03 PM »

I am actually very surprised that they would publish a private information such as vomitting blood.
Whatever the cause is (and gastrointestinal problems occur fairly regularly with many different diseases and their treatments), I should believe that a much more general announcement would have sufficed:
The E.E was feeling very poorly, her condition while still battling Breast Cancer (or the after-effects of it) was not quite progressing satisfactorily due to cancer accompanying psychological issues and her advanced age.
Though on second thought, scratch the "due to….lalala". After all she is 85 and not a spring chicken and at that age most diseases can be far more lethal.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: December 14, 2019, 11:23:21 PM »

Talking about cancer is a huge cultural taboo in Japan. Maybe it relates back to all the radiation-caused cancer post Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In any case, many families and doctors will lie to  a patient, giving any other diagnosis save cancer. And they will be ashamed and abashed to discuss a family member's cancer diagnosis and treatment. So that's why the Imperial Household Agency may well be circumventing the issue in its press contacts.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: December 14, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »

Talking about cancer is a huge cultural taboo in Japan. Maybe it relates back to all the radiation-caused cancer post Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In any case, many families and doctors will lie to  a patient, giving any other diagnosis save cancer. And they will be ashamed and abashed to discuss a family member's cancer diagnosis and treatment. So that's why the Imperial Household Agency may well be circumventing the issue in its press contacts.

And how can people and treated correctly, if no one tells them the truth? What kind of sense makes it, if they've cancer and are treated for something else?
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: December 15, 2019, 11:49:45 PM »

Oh, they are treated for cancer but everyone pretends it's not so in efforts to spare everyone's feelings. Weird place, Japan.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: December 15, 2019, 11:52:29 PM »

Oh, they are treated for cancer but everyone pretends it's not so in efforts to spare everyone's feelings. Weird place, Japan.

Thanks.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: December 23, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »

December 23
The Imperial RF visited Nissho Hall in Tokyo to watch a Japanese animation film called "This Corner (and Other Corners) of the World" directed by Sunao Katabuchi.
The film was screened in aid of the Japanese Red Cross Society of Hiroshima Prefecture and depicts wartime daily lives of citizens in Hiroshima. The film is an extended cut of the hit 2016 animation film "In This Corner of the World" about a young woman in 1930s-1940s in Hiroshima and Kure.

fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: December 28, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »

Great to see the whole little family.
Anyone knows how E. Michiko is  doing?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: January 10, 2020, 05:18:56 AM »

Interesting:

Princess Mako, the 28-year-old eldest daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko's engagement has been postponed for nearly two years. This has been a cause of concern for the imperial family as a whole, and is influencing the debate over whether women should be allowed to head imperial family branches. An announcement is expected in February 2020 on the current status of the wedding.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »

Interesting:

Princess Mako, the 28-year-old eldest daughter of Crown Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko's engagement has been postponed for nearly two years. This has been a cause of concern for the imperial family as a whole, and is influencing the debate over whether women should be allowed to head imperial family branches. An announcement is expected in February 2020 on the current status of the wedding.

Poor Mako. I really hope that it'll turn out alright for her.

Maybe they also don't want her to marry as they need people for doing engagements in the JRF, especially once Hisahito is Emperor.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: January 10, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »

They won't let her go. They will continue to control her life. Sad

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: January 10, 2020, 09:30:22 AM »

I would be really suprised if the wedding go ahead.

AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: January 10, 2020, 04:59:28 PM »

I would be really suprised if the wedding go ahead.

Same. I'm surprised they let it come out in the first place. Those two girls aren't going anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 105   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: