Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 530257 times)
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »

i think so too Elspeth. this is what puzzles me though. the Emperor is good at balancing the nationalist and the right-wing politicians, but he does not have much say in the running of their (royal family) affairs by the IHA?

why is it that the Empress and Princess Masako don't have much freedom?
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 06:24:15 PM »

Because the IHA are a bunch of ossified old fossils, apparently. The Japanese royal family has very little private money, so they're under the control of the IHA for just about everything. No wonder modern women marrying into that system have tended to have problems.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »

Because the IHA are a bunch of ossified old fossils, apparently. The Japanese royal family has very little private money, so they're under the control of the IHA for just about everything. No wonder modern women marrying into that system have tended to have problems.

so they have to file a request form for their needs, for example? and everything they need to do?
Elspeth

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »

I don't know about the details of their lives, but I've heard from several sources that they have a lot less freedom than the European royals. Prince Charles once cited the Japanese royal family as an example of the problems associated with a royal family that's doesn't have any wealth independent of the government; it makes it hard for the monarch to be effective if he's just a puppet of his paymasters.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »

i do agree with you, and Prince Charles. i just see the capabilities of the members of the JRF wasted. they could have been to be of excellent use for Japan. i guess japan don't want them for that role since they are in good standing economically.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »

Queen Meets Emperor And Empress Of Japan
http://legacyeditorial.ge...7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=3

http://www.hellomagazine....7/05/30/akihito-queen-uk/

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 08:14:17 PM »

Imperial villa will be opened to the public as suggested by His Imperial Majesty.

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/409867

wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 11:59:35 PM »

The Emperor stresses woodland functions on National Arbor Day.

http://home.kyodo.co.jp/m.../index.php?storyid=322060
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 02:15:49 PM »

I have always wondered, why Michiko and Masako couldn't be more of help and support for one another. They suffered from the exact same problems in pretty much the same introverted way. Both have got depressed and have had health problems because of it, and both obviously have quite supporting and loving husbands.
Those four top royals together should have been able to restrain the courtiers a bit, if all fails they could have done the blackmail thing: Either we are allowed to do this and that or you can find answers and explanantions for our absenses and intervies with foreign journalists...
But obviously it is not as easy as that.
I am very sorry for the empress and Masako. And everytime I get a bit jealous about those free riding jackpot hitting crown princesses I think of Masako and feel relieved I am myself.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »

Fairy, it might be because the Empress and Masako have different ways of attacking their problems. the Empress seems to quietly submit as she was of different generation (and an Asian at that), while Masako was raised in the West where an independent minded woman is celebrated. so it must be harder for her to go through the IHA's hold than her mother-in-law.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »

Do they really have different ways of attacking the problem wear?
I actually think not.
In what way did Masako differ from her subdues and submissive mother-in-law?
Masako as well as Michiko turned to those "silent" illnesses, depression, anxiety problems, internal bleeding, hormonal stress (purely speculating here, but I could imagine, that pressure is not a very healthy environment for a woman to conceive) and the loss of speech.
However, considering that Michiko was raised in a time in which woman were taught to be very submissive, very demure and very quiet, and Masako grew up in a different environment in which woman were considered equal and were encouraged to think for themselves, it is astonishing how well Masako has coped so far.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »

Fairy, it might be because the Empress and Masako have different ways of attacking their problems. the Empress seems to quietly submit as she was of different generation (and an Asian at that), while Masako was raised in the West where an independent minded woman is celebrated. so it must be harder for her to go through the IHA's hold than her mother-in-law.

For the most part I agree with fairy. But if I sit back and reflect, then I think that I maybe judging them from my Westernized point of view...meaning Japanese women whether born in the 1930s or the 1960s or 2007s are taught to be submissive because that is what their culture is. So that not even a Harvard degree and a Diplomatic posting will at the end of the day, make you different from the rest of the married Japanese women. To us, it is inconceivable to think that a group of oldies have so much control over a whole family - from finances to conception of a male heir, but that is probably how the royal house has worked for centuries and they won't changed their ways no matter how modern the world has become.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

A very informative article in how Japan got interested in the study of insects which is their only bridge to the rest of the world at that time.

http://www.france24.com/f...720.wpciohj9&cat=null

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »

In this pict all attention go to one spot......."the precious little ONE"   , I can see how proud his parents are, "MY PRECIOUS" :   http://www.daylife.com/ph...fZ2cY4RdeuP/princess_aiko

dreamlife

Small Member

Canada Canada

1917 Karelian Birch Egg

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 02:38:24 AM »

The Japanese public is getting impatient with Masako.
http://www.timesonline.co...d/asia/article5010291.ece
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: