Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 383115 times)
Malenkaya

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: February 13, 2018, 04:49:19 AM »

If the male line ends, Mako will likely be next in line. She'll be either the daughter or sister of the most recent emperor. Aiko would only be the niece or cousin at that point.

I could see the IHA using this as an opportunity to marry Mako off to one of the old branches that lost their titles. Then they'd expect her to give up her (bestowed for specifically this purpose) rights in favor of her son, just as happened in Monaco when Ranier's mother, Princess Charlotte, gave up her (newly acquired) right to the throne in favor of him.

How many of those men would be willing to marry in and deal with the IHA though? Yes they treat the women poorly but I can't see the men getting treated much better.
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »

If the male line ends, Mako will likely be next in line. She'll be either the daughter or sister of the most recent emperor. Aiko would only be the niece or cousin at that point.

I could see the IHA using this as an opportunity to marry Mako off to one of the old branches that lost their titles. Then they'd expect her to give up her (bestowed for specifically this purpose) rights in favor of her son, just as happened in Monaco when Ranier's mother, Princess Charlotte, gave up her (newly acquired) right to the throne in favor of him.

How many of those men would be willing to marry in and deal with the IHA though? Yes they treat the women poorly but I can't see the men getting treated much better.

I think Alice makes a good point-I bet there would be men in one of the old branches that would be willing to take on the burden for the great honor of restoring their family's place.  I never thought of that option before...however I don't think it would really happen unless something serious happens to Hisahito.  I think its more plausible for them to have him marry a hand picked bride and immediately have three sons by embryo selection.
NoviceDisher
Banned
Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: February 16, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »

Wow, reading some of the posts solidified my suspicion about this engagement being made to break.  Shocked.

What a horrible family in such a so called progressive nation. But then the highly educated, independent Princess Masako is a shell of her former self. I feel so sorry for the women born and married into this family. Tradition my ass !
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: February 24, 2018, 02:01:09 AM »

It looks like the Times UK is reported that Mako's engagement has ended due to Kei's money troubles...  Ranting  Thumb down

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: February 24, 2018, 02:41:27 AM »

Did they say what kind of money troubles? And how bad would it have to be for the JRF to not fix it quietly  behind the scenes!
genegal43

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2018, 02:51:35 AM »

Did they say what kind of money troubles? And how bad would it have to be for the JRF to not fix it quietly  behind the scenes!

I couldn't read the rest of it because I wasn't a registered member.   Snare  Surely it will get reported elsewhere but this is a blurb on google news of the article:

One veteran royal journalist told The Times that, if Mr Komuro “was expecting money from Mako, then that's totally wrong. It's the kind of thing the Emperor would hate. She will get 150 million yen, but that's not for daily living costs; it's taxpayers' money to cover security and to retain Mako's dignity as an....

genegal43

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2018, 02:57:59 AM »

An article from early in February about Kei's financial troubles: https://www.japantimes.co...riage-delay/#.WpDF1edG3IU

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: February 24, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »

Sad I'm afraid poor Mako's engagement will be quietly broken.

http://royalcentral.co.uk...ding-officially-off-96871

genegal43

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: February 24, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »

No doubt about that.  I have to wonder what the IHA was thinking when they allowed Kei and Mako to announce their engagement.

I think Alice makes a good point-I bet there would be men in one of the old branches that would be willing to take on the burden for the great honor of restoring their family's place.  I never thought of that option before...however I don't think it would really happen unless something serious happens to Hisahito.  I think its more plausible for them to have him marry a hand picked bride and immediately have three sons by embryo selection.

I think both options could be a possiblity, just to have some additional heirs after Hisahito's three sons.  Heck they could reactive two lines and marry Kako off to one of the former branches, but that could be pushing it even for the IHA.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »

It's not a very large sum of money his mother ( not even himself) borrowed but they're painting him as a gold digger. So yes, I definitely think it's over, whether Mako wants it or not.
kookai

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: February 25, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »

Here is the full statement Princess Mako wrote concerning her postponed wedding :

https://mainichi.jp/engli...80207/p2a/00m/0na/011000c

I still don't know what to think.

Is it possible that an abdication is planned and that the wedding preparations would interfere with this? When reading the statement literally it sounds like other events have been planned and the unexpected official engagement has caused complications for these events. I guess, as others mentioned, it could also be due to changes so that females don't have to leave the family. It seems strange to postpone an engagement for as long as 2 years.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: March 11, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

The formal engagement ceremony 'Nosai no Gi' for Princess Mako and M. Kei Komuro was scheduled for March 4th. It didn't happened.

On March 9th, Kei Komuro visited the Akishino residence though.

Still no more information about the postponed wedding.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: March 11, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

On March 11, 2018, Japanese Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended the seventh national memorial service for victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster at National Theater in Tokyo. A ceremony was held in Tokyo to pay tribute to the 18,446 people listed as killed or missing in the magnitude-9.0 quake and tsunami it generated.

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: March 12, 2018, 01:59:44 AM »

I'd forgotten it was the anniversary of the Tohuku earthquake and tsunami today. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the footage of the waves. Thank you for the photos Rita. Star
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: March 16, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »

Today, on March 16, 2018, Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan went to Brazil for a 5 day visit to attend the 8th World Water Forum. His wife, Crown Princess Masako saw Crown Prince Naruhito off at Akasaka Palace before he went to Brazil. The World Water Forum is the world’s biggest water-related event and is organized by the WWC.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: