Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 452578 times)
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: May 05, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »

I have such a soft spot for elderly couples holding hands!  Angel Hug
LongMaySheReign

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: May 05, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »

On May 5th, Emperor Emeritus Akihito and Empress Emerita Michiko visited privately the Tokyo Lawn Tennis Club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o06zuF2Yro

Maybe that's just me but they are holding hands and I found this so adorable 
They first met on a tennis court in 1957 so the visit must have had a romantic tone for them.

I hope they're finally at peace in their new life. They're so adoarable.
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: June 04, 2019, 04:52:47 PM »

Princess Mako enjoys Okinawa dances.
https://youtu.be/4ZjrWoQ_OMU
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: June 04, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »

I hope that the Imperial House changes it’s laws about women inheriting or at least not forcing them to give up their titles and leave the family.
Malenkaya

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: June 05, 2019, 04:39:13 AM »

May Akishino have that scowl on his face for the rest of his brother's reign. And while we're at it, let's see what happens if the IHA decides Aiko is a better heir than Hisahito. I have a feeling his anger would create such a black hole that it would swallow the IHA whole.
Bunnyette

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: June 06, 2019, 12:11:46 AM »

May Akishino have that scowl on his face for the rest of his brother's reign. And while we're at it, let's see what happens if the IHA decides Aiko is a better heir than Hisahito. I have a feeling his anger would create such a black hole that it would swallow the IHA whole.

Well the Emperor may live for a long time and Aiko  could be be of a good age when time comes to retire...so Akishino and his ambitious wife may be passed over.  Her face doesn’t look very happy either.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: June 06, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »

Well the Emperor may live for a long time and Aiko  could be be of a good age when time comes to retire...so Akishino and his ambitious wife may be passed over.  Her face doesn’t look very happy either.

Believe me unless Akishino is by then an old, physically disabled person with dementia, he will rain. No one will stop him.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: June 10, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »

June 8, 2019, Japanese Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako, Crown Prince Akishino, Crown Princess Kiko, Princess Mako and Princess Kako visited Grave of Prince Katsura (Yoshihito) at Toshimagaoka Cemetery in Tokyo, to pay their respects. Prince Katsura of Yoshihito (Katsura-no-miya), was a member of the Imperial House of Japan and the second son of Prince Takahito and Princess Yuriko. He was a first cousin of Emperor Emeritus Akihito. He died of a heart attack on 8 June 2014, aged 66.

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: June 13, 2019, 01:50:06 AM »

I don't have a subscription to The Times but the free bit is interesting...

https://www.thetimes.co.u...anthemum-throne-p2kf0sb5q

Japan faces a new political battle over proposals to solve the country’s succession crisis by allowing a woman to ascend to the Chrysanthemum Throne.

The country’s opposition parties will fight a national parliamentary election next month on a platform including plans to change the law to allow female members of the imperial family to become reigning empresses.

The idea came close to being implemented in 2005, but was headed off by ultraconservatives who insist in maintaining the undiluted “purity” of the male line.

No surprise considering how dated the law is, that the Emperor's only child is female and therefore ineligible, that there are only three people in line (ages 53, 12, and 83), and there's no guarantee that Hisahito will father sons.  I wish them luck and if successful...Aiko the strength need to be a kickass Crown Princess and one day Empress.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: June 13, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »

The Stepford Wife outfits are always so disturbing to me, I have to say.

I hope something  changes. Didn't Kiko deliberately have IVF years after her girls were born so she could have a son and that is one reason they decided not to change the law?
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: June 13, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

I hope something  changes. Didn't Kiko deliberately have IVF years after her girls were born so she could have a son and that is one reason they decided not to change the law?

Not so much deliberately had IVF but more like Fumihito made the decision and Kiko went along to keep the peace.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: June 13, 2019, 09:56:06 PM »

Princesses Mako and Kako have been looking even more gloomy lately too. The new CP must be even more insufferable now than before.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: June 14, 2019, 12:00:44 AM »

While equality would be great of course I still think that Aiko can be glad that she won't be Empress.

IMO Naruhito should do it like his father, reign, abdicate, but reign long enough so that Hisahito will be old enough to succeed him. Fumihito should never become Emperor.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: June 14, 2019, 10:59:45 AM »

With regard to the bold text, the same over here. Or do they buy there outfit by the dozen?
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: June 14, 2019, 11:15:43 AM »

With regard to the bold text, the same over here. Or do they buy there outfit by the dozen?

Kiko probably had no say in it - and a "selective" procedure was done to ensure a boy . . . that happens in many countries where a male baby is all that counts - other than to marry him off to a daughter of a suitable rich family - also with no siblings
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: